Do I have a parasites?

Previous topic - Next topic

Shugi Shugi

In a form of big shadow snails?  :|

So I was attempting to get out again this night. I did my usual focus meditation thing and got my usual "seeing my bedroom with eyes closed" thing, what usually happens when I'm close. And then I saw this big shadow thing moving over me.  :-o

About the size of a obese cat. It had no eyes, head, legs or anything, or at least not that I could see them. Room was as dark at it gets in a middle of night and I did not examined it closely, was too busy freaking out. They say shadow people also has eyes and skin, and everything, once you get close enough to see through the shadow, so I don't know. But I know it had clear shape and it was crawling on me. Looked like a big snail without a shell or worm of some kind.

Wtf?!

I've heard people seeing shadow people and demons, and stuff... but.. shadow snails? What is that thing? Ewwww! I't not even scary, like it would be seeing a demon, it's just... EWWW! It just makes my whole body tingle when I imagine that thing crawling one me! Maybe it crawled over me and went it's own way? maybe I was just an obstacle in it way? Or maybe it still on me only I can not see it cos I'm not in astral, EWWWWWW!

What is that? How do I get rid of it?  :cry:

Stillwater

I think it is important to notice that your question takes the experience at face value- the image describes a being with an objective form.

You should ask yourself first... why would a being that inhabited a non-physical existence have a visual form? A good answer to me would be that that is how your psyche chose to represent that being to you.

And if that being's form is sourced in your psyche, how do you know it exists outside of you?

Bottom line to me is that it is pretty hard to know if these beings are authored by our own minds, or if they exist outside of us. But I think it is safe to say that more harm comes from fixating on the idea of such a being than ignoring it outright. If it is objectively outside of you, there is very likely to be little you can do about it, if willing it away doesn't work. And if it is a creation of your mind, then you are worried over nothing.

Remarking on how novel it was, and letting the idea pass is how I would approach it.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Shugi Shugi

Any idea how I could stop worry about it. Easy to say it's only figment of your imagination, don't pay attention to it and ignore it or think it away, which I'm gonna try next time I see something. But when I see it it's pretty real to me, even if that's just a hallucination and I realize it, it still would give me creeps. And if thinking it away does not work and it is real, and I can't do anything about it, it's still creepy. Just the fact that I can not to anything about it, if willing it away does not work, at that point would not make me feel any better about a big snail crawling on me.  :|

Stillwater

Do you feel you will be thinking about the snail 3 years from now?

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Stillwater on December 06, 2014, 13:10:17
Do you feel you will be thinking about the snail 3 years from now?

Amm... no lol.  :-D

Stillwater

Then pretend you are your future self  :wink:

At some point, you will just stop caring about the shadow snail. It is too much work to worry about it, and you have better things to do, you will realize. Why not make that point now, and save the extra time and worry?

Shugi Shugi

So, fake it till you make it basically, yes? By using force and willpower to push myself though that disgusting creepiness until I get used to it and don't care anymore? That's what you are saying? Sounds... simple enough.  :|

Well, thank you for your insight I guess. I will try.

Stillwater

Fake it till you make it is a VERY powerful principle for life in general.

It gets results especially quickly in psychological situations like this.

AAAAAAAA

Hmmm... snails.... Have you tried asking what it's favorite colour is??????

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Stillwater on December 07, 2014, 13:40:05
Fake it till you make it is a VERY powerful principle for life in general.

It gets results especially quickly in psychological situations like this.
I'm sure it is powerful, but very hard technique as well. Especially for a pansy like me. Good thing tho, I haven't seen snails anymore. Got out a few times but always almost blind, so blurry. Tried to get out of room far away from my body cos people say it could take blurry away but can't go though walls or fly, I'm stuck in my bedroom blind.  :x

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on December 08, 2014, 22:28:32
Hmmm... snails.... Have you tried asking what it's favorite colour is??????
Well, assuming that it is figment of my imagination it would probably answer me in a voice of Morgan Freeman, if I would ask. Cos that's how I would imagine big, black snail's voice would sound. I mean, Morgan's does, so why not other's too? 

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on December 10, 2014, 17:21:03
Well, assuming that it is figment of my imagination it would probably answer me in a voice of Morgan Freeman, if I would ask. Cos that's how I would imagine big, black snail's voice would sound. I mean, Morgan's does, so why not other's too? 

It might be a figment of your imagination. But it might also be subconscious. Maybe it will sound like Morgan Freeman. Maybe it won't even respond to you lol

Xanth

Do you have parasites?

... yes... yes you do.  You're dirty.  Go take a shower.  ;)

BG

I have had a theory going about parasites for awhile now. Many people claim that parasites can control human behavior in some cases...here is just a random US news link but the internet is full of people with research/etc on this if you would rather not click on this (I don't post here much so I understand, lol) just google "parasites controlling humans"...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/07/can-humans-be-controlled-by-tiny-parasites
They even link them to some mental illness such as schizophrenia..

Now, on to my theory...
There is a lot of debate as to whether negative/positive energies influence our decision making. This has been going on since the dawn of time "the devil made me do it" etc..
I don't really believe in full on possessions, I mean, it's maybe possible but not something I really follow but what about something with parasites?

I started thinking this when I was watching some crappy show called Maury. They had a lady on that said she loved to eat dirt, she loved the taste of it, loved the smell of it, loved rolling around in it and of course, as mentioned, loved to EAT it. A doctor came on and said she likely has parasites. The parasites were causing her unusual craving to consume dirt! Okay, I know Maury is garbage TV but it got me thinking, and researching, and there is a lot of truth to that.

What if somehow, an energy other than our own is able to gain control of these parasites? They are living organisms, they could be acting as some pathway to our own thoughts and actions. This could be something big, especially for those of us that believe in the spiritual. I don't have any facts, and I am not a fear monger, but I definitely think there is something to it...

Just one of my crazy little theories ;)

Shugi Shugi

I saw another creepy thing tonight. I was doing the projection thing and then I saw my room, again, with eyes closed. The picture were kinda blinking, like an old movie with damaged frames. Everything was dark, like last time when I saw the "snail", only the room was upside down. And there were a black, human shaped figure standing in a middle of it, it appeared to be in some kind of dress and with long hair. The figure were the only thing that was not upside down.

I was about to freak out, panic and wake up but then I changed my mind and just stood up. It was suddenly day and I could not see shadow it in a astral plane, or a lucid dream, or wherever I were, so I just forgot about it and went climbed out of the window on a roof... weeee.

Xanth

Parasites...

Look at this from a different perspective, from a larger perspective.
Again, this comes back to consciousness as a whole, which you are an unit of awareness of.

Nothing is really separate from you... what does that tell you about "parasites"?

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Xanth on December 15, 2014, 20:20:07
Parasites...

Look at this from a different perspective, from a larger perspective.
Again, this comes back to consciousness as a whole, which you are an unit of awareness of.

Nothing is really separate from you... what does that tell you about "parasites"?
I AM A PARASITE! OMG! It all makes sense now! 

No, but seriously, it's still creepy. Just because I am being creeped out by myself and not others does not make it less uncomfortable and creepy.  :|

What do I have to do? Do I like have to experience a collective consciousness or really understand it deep inside my gut? And how do I do that? Cos right now just intellectually thinking about it, even if I believe it, does not make it any better. 

It's like slapping myself with a giant snail - it still hurts even if it's me who doing it and not a snail. I suppose I could stop making those things up but I don't know how to do that either, I'm not in that kind of control of my mind yet. Only thing what's left for me is to ignore the snail and stuff but it does not solve the problem - it's still creepy! 

Like, I don't actually mind the snail itself. I just mind the creepyness. Of course unless it is actually real and doing harm to me, like many parasites in physical world would. In which case I would mind it.

Xanth

Szaxx

It's a test of your resolve.
Nothing more, you need to accept it for what it is, a test of your inner fears.
That's about it.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on December 16, 2014, 09:50:46
How?
How does the jogger who is jogging around non-stop looking for "rest", find it?  He just stops.  To the jogger, he has no clue... he believes he has to continue seeking "rest" in order to find it.

How do you "stop"... you just stop.

Hans

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on December 06, 2014, 10:47:40
Any idea how I could stop worry about it. Easy to say it's only figment of your imagination, don't pay attention to it and ignore it or think it away, which I'm gonna try next time I see something. But when I see it it's pretty real to me, even if that's just a hallucination and I realize it, it still would give me creeps. And if thinking it away does not work and it is real, and I can't do anything about it, it's still creepy. Just the fact that I can not to anything about it, if willing it away does not work, at that point would not make me feel any better about a big snail crawling on me.  :|

Try a light meditation while lying on your bed. Visualize the entity and intend to send it all the love and positive energy you
can muster. Just keep sending it your love and ask the Universe to gently release it from you and bring it back to where it's
originally come from. This should work whether it is a real entity or a figment of your psyche. If it does not work right away
then you might have to repeat this everyday for a while, until it is lodged away from your spirit or from your psyche.

You could try doing this every time it infiltrates your mind in a way that annoys you or stops you from being comfortable. If
you want you can just do this while doing other activities, while walking or working.

Shugi Shugi

Quote from: Hans on January 31, 2015, 14:36:55
Try a light meditation while lying on your bed. Visualize the entity and intend to send it all the love and positive energy you
can muster. Just keep sending it your love and ask the Universe to gently release it from you and bring it back to where it's
originally come from. This should work whether it is a real entity or a figment of your psyche. If it does not work right away
then you might have to repeat this everyday for a while, until it is lodged away from your spirit or from your psyche.

You could try doing this every time it infiltrates your mind in a way that annoys you or stops you from being comfortable. If
you want you can just do this while doing other activities, while walking or working.
Thank you! An actual useful, practical answer!

The snail never showed up again tho after that time, yet anyways. I managed to get past that creepiness and project again. All tho I tried to think positive, loving thoughts and feelings and I definitely see how this could work. I don't feel creeped out when I think about it now, for a while after "mediatation" anyways. 

I've read that when you are not in positive mental state when you project you may project in darker realms than when you are in positive and loving state? I assume this has something to do with it?

Xanth

I'm gonna be extremely blunt here.

Quote from: Shugi Shugi on January 31, 2015, 19:50:30
Thank you! An actual useful, practical answer!
Actually, we've given you practical answers... you were, obviously, just looking for an answer that satiates your ego and one which you wanted to agree with.

This should serve as proof beyond anything that YOU are your own worst enemy and YOU are the one who keeps negativity alive within yourself.

QuoteThe snail never showed up again tho after that time, yet anyways. I managed to get past that creepiness and project again. All tho I tried to think positive, loving thoughts and feelings and I definitely see how this could work. I don't feel creeped out when I think about it now, for a while after "mediatation" anyways. 

I've read that when you are not in positive mental state when you project you may project in darker realms than when you are in positive and loving state? I assume this has something to do with it?
You don't understand.

It's not enough to simply THINK positively.  That's only a small part of the answer and by itself, a useless activity.  It's actually the BEGINNING of the answer. 
If life was so easy that all you had to do was THINK positively and nothing bad would ever happen to you, then there would be no suffering in this world. 
Intent is more than just THINKING something.  Intent is the energy placed behind the action done. 

Sadly, nobody can teach you how to place Intent to effect change in your own life... you have to learn it on your own.  Hopefully now you have a slightly better reason why you thought you had parasites and why it took so long for them to "go away".

Hans

Sadly simply thinking positive won't much change your astral experiences. It is true that negative beings feed from negative thoughts,
but your thoughts don't increase or decrease their power to such extents that it would change your actual astral experiences. In the
astral they are master, and if they want to draw you in and hurt you then it is not going to matter what you think. In the astral, the
power of emotion generates energy, and that energy will dramatically affect your experience, it won't change where you end up but
it'll give you the energy you need to protect yourself.

Your thoughts do change how these beings can affect you while you are inside your body though, especially on the long term. Consistent
negativity will open you up to dramatic influence, while consistent positivity will block a lot of their manipulations.

In terms of your physical life, your thoughts matter there obviously, but they matter more in regards of how you act on those thoughts,
rather than how your thoughts impact reality around you. We are all connected of course, and our thoughts all impact on the people
around us, but it is not dramatically going to alter your reality apart from the way your own physical actions will alter it.

Reality is shaped by what people do, and while thoughts are the basis of our actions, the thoughts themselves won't shape reality. If
you get robbed and shot in the leg, then that happened not because you attracted it with negative thoughts, but because that person
used his will to choose to rob and shoot you. We are not responsible for the suffering other people inflict on us, everyone has a will of
their own, which they use to make choices.