Does Anyone Else See Symbols when OBEing?

Previous topic - Next topic

DjMidgetMan

Yes... The only oobe I have ever had, I remember seeing some kind of symbol... I cant remember what it was though...

Kristen

Hi Violet,

I've seen symbols but they've been sort of non-specific - mandalas for example...

Your description is intriguing.  Can you describe the symbols you're seeing?

Kristen

Violet

Dear Kirsten,

Many thanks for replying Kirsten.

The symbols are fairly smooth in nature.  No sharp edges.  So they do not look at all like say rhune (rune) stones.  Sorry I do not know how to spell that.  The symbols are raised up out of the stones.  They look a little like the symbols you would see on a Myan temple for example but not quite that complicated.    

I have seen these symbols at other times.  For example several times I have woken up in the middle of the night and saw these symbols.  One time was particularly amusing because I heard someone say.  Do you understand and I heard my self reply.  Yes...and then my conscious mind kicked in and was thinking I don't understand.  I just found it very bizzare to see these symbols on an OBE.  I am really stumped.

Love and Light to the One and All,
Violet

Kristen

Hi Violet

These links may be of interest - symbols can have many different meanings in many different contexts...

It sounds to me like you got a message and a curious one at that!

Take care, and have fun!

Kristen

http://www.erm.ee/naitus/symbol/konspekt_eng.html

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/atoz.htm

http://www.symbols.com/

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/BA/Iso-values.html

http://pages.prodigy.com/GBonline/ancwrite-old.html

zugzug

I once had a dream with a symbol in it, but not on a stone tablet.  Haven't seen this symbol anywhere else, and I got no feeling about what it might mean in the dream.

Outlined in the dust, was a big circle and beneath it, the outline of a hand outstretched, with the fingers pointing up at the circle.

Adrian

Greetings Violet!

You might like to read the excellent articles by the accomplished Nita Hickock on the main website, but here is what Nita has to say about Runes, which is most interesting:

"Astral projection can also be used to meditate on the types of energies you would like to bring into your life. A little research will unearth a wealth of symbols, runes for example, each of which has a different meaning. I project out and then visualize and create a doorway. I visualize the most appropriate rune appearing on the door. I have the door attached to a wall, with a doorknob so I can get in and out easily. I walk through the door in my astral body and enter the realm of that symbol. I ask for help with problems, ask specific questions, or simply ask to learn what I need to know. I feel what energy, vibration and pitch the symbol has, so I can draw it into my life in the real world. I then try and absorb what the experience has taught me, so I will remember and realize it better. This can be an amazing and enlightening experience.

Every symbol has its own realm. If you open yourself to its energies, it brings you into an understanding of the elements it is composed of, and of what can best help you in your life. It also opens you up to the elements involved with that symbol, so never use anything symbolizing something you do not want to experience. Many shamanic type symbols involve birth, death, and rebirth. You can almost duplicate the elements of a near death experience by using them. This gives you a way to review your life and decide what directions you would like to go in and the things you would like to experience.

You can use the symbol energies in these planes to accomplish the goals they represent. It takes careful research and thinking to pick the symbols that relate best to you, your life and its problems, and your dreams and aspirations. Some of the symbols I have used are the cross, ankh, Buddha, pentacle, and the curved spiral of shamanism.

It is important to erase and remove each doorway you create when you have finished using it. This cleans up your personal space and makes it so you don't have conflicting symbols that might cause you problems. I suggest keeping a diary of everything that you do, and rating the effect it had upon your life when you used any symbol or method. This helps remind you which symbols you have used, so with hindsight you can link it to the effects it had upon your life at that time.

A good book with meditations and exercises for each rune symbol is "Esoteric Rune Magic" by D. Jason Cooper. The Germanic runes are excellent examples of shamanic symbols. Using these will show what I mean about their different aspects, energies and the effects these can have upon your life.

All these methods are easy to do once you are capable of astral traveling. These practices can make your life easier and richer and prevent problems before they happen. Ignoring problems, or potential problems, will not make them go away. Being aware of your life, working on yourself, thanking the forces that help you and asking for advice can solve far more problems than ignoring them ever will. I believe in taking an active role in my future and helping myself along my life path. I hope that you enjoy and benefit from these methods as much as I have.

Further Reading
"Esoteric Rune Magic" by D. Jason Cooper, 1994, Llewellyn Publications, St Paul MN, USA, ISBN 1-56718-174-0.

"Tree of Life, A Study in Magic" by Israel Regardie, June 1983, Samuel Weiser, ISBN 0877281491. "

Kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Violet

Dear Adrian,

Many, many thanks for your thoughts.  I really appreciate this.  I actually saw these symbols by accident but may be you have the perfect approach.  Perhaps I have been doing things backwards.  Maybe I am suppose to meditate on the symbols that I have seen to get my answers.  I will definitely try this.

Many Thanks,
Violet

PeacefulWarrior

I don't know how this will clarify anything, but for me symbols have great meaning.  The greatest thing about them is that they symbolize (you're probably thinking, "Duh!") something...love, devotion, etc.  I really like the info. from Nita Hickock that Adrian posted.  I think there is much to be learned from symbols in the astral realm.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Frank

The Astral planes contain an infinite number of symbols. The solution to their meaning, or why the symbols have been put where you came across them, or the "why's" and "wherefore's" of any Astral event: can usually be got by staying near and adopting an air of mild curiosity. Someone will almost always come along and explain it for you. As I touched on in another post, if you try and work it out for yourself it tends to just get more and more confusing.

There are vast areas of the Astral planes devoted to all manner of circumstances and events. Symbols are, of course, no exception. A way to transport yourself to these areas is through use of metaphysical imagery, as explained in another post to this thread.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

quote:

The Astral planes contain an infinite number of symbols. The solution to their meaning, or why the symbols have been put where you came across them, or the "why's" and "wherefore's" of any Astral event: can usually be got by staying near and adopting an air of mild curiosity. Someone will almost always come along and explain it for you. As I touched on in another post, if you try and work it out for yourself it tends to just get more and more confusing.

There are vast areas of the Astral planes devoted to all manner of circumstances and events. Symbols are, of course, no exception. A way to transport yourself to these areas is through use of metaphysical imagery, as explained in another post to this thread.

Yours,
Frank

Excellent, and most interesting post - thanks very much for your insight there

I am most interested in Astral symbolism and symbolic gateways and happenings, and in particular in the possibility of collecting such symbols for people to use. These forums support graphics if anyone has any symbolic imagery - but it need to be a reference to a graphics image as a URL on a Web server. If people don't have a web server, but do have some images, send them to me and I will put them on the main server.

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Violet

Dear Adrian,

Sometime over the long weekend I will try to post some example images of the symbols I see.

Many Thanks,
Patricia

Chris

I used to see symbols all the time when I was first learning how to consciously project, but it doesn't happen much anymore.  Personally, I feel this was simply my mind trying to interpret the new input it was receiving.  Eventually it got all sorted out and with time instead scrolling lists of symbols I saw actual images and heard conversations and felt and experienced, etc..

Adrian

quote:

Dear Adrian,

Sometime over the long weekend I will try to post some example images of the symbols I see.

Many Thanks,
Patricia

Greetings!

That would be most excellent!  

To post images in a message, you can use the image tags with the URL of the images in between. If you don't have a server to put them on, please send the images to me, and I will put them on this server  - all you will need to do then is to place them in your message.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Rob

Hey all

With many thanks to Adrian, who has uploaded this image on the astral pulse server for me (as I am away from my usual home):

http://www.astralpulse.com/membersimages/tri.bmp" border=0>

anyone seen/know anything about this symbol? It came to me in a meditation once, quite clearly. I know nothing about it but use it in magick sometimes. It looks like it should mean something!

Edited by - inguma on 30 March 2002  17:35:20
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

jo

Inguma the most profound symbol I have experienced while OOB is similar "symbolically" to what you have drawn. My symbol is repetitive. It is a triangle but instead of seeing the "gateway" or "opening" you have drawn, it was just the centre of the triangle sort of opening up. So your drawing seems to have a representation of what I experience. Each time this happens, I move thru the opening "gateway" inside the triangle. But that's all I can say about it.

jo

Tir13

It is a very simple gateway structure.  You can use them to create doors between 'places' or you can link it to events, so you can visit them at a later date.  I have a few symols...and I'll post the simpler ones later, it will be good practice for others to see if people can recognize their function?

Jason

Rob

Thanks Jason and Jo, you've given me some good stuff to think about. Funny I had never considered it to be quite like a gateway structure, just thought the central area seemed a natural high energy point, which is probably anaologous to what you were saying. The other thing is it is very similar to the magickal (I like the k...) symbol for air, and I am a very air orientated person (and to a lesser extent water...working on the other vacant two).

laters

ps I was lying down near the end of a long walk today (while I had been trying to phase into elemental consciousness), looked up and saw an almost perfect triangle form in the clouds above me, which soon drifted apart. It was very cool. I cannot remember which way up it was for me though, which is a bit poor.

(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Violet

Admin note: I modified this posting to cause the images to display in the message. Adrian.

Hopefully this will work.  I was totally clueless how to post these images.  Sorry.  Anyhow the images I made are not very good.  I am not a very good drawer with a mouse in Paint.  The symbols are always raised up out of the stone not engraved in and of course I did not do the shadowing properly to show this.  The symbols look much smoother than this.  Like the stone was polished.  The stone itself is not always a perfect tablet it can have some irregularities to it.  Sometimes the symbols and stone look green and are cloud like but solid enough.  Other times they are a shining light grey.

http://www.astralpulse.com/membersimages/common.bmp" border=0>

http://www.astralpulse.com/membersimages/trianglecoil.bmp" border=0>

Unfortunately I can still not figure out how to view Inguma's symbol.  

Totally Clueless....Yes I am blonde,
Violet

Edited by - Violet on 02 April 2002  00:41:50

Violet

Dear Adrian,

There must be a problem with my settings because now I can not see the images. I use Netscape.  

Many Thanks

Still totally clueless,
Violet

Edited by - Violet on 02 April 2002  18:18:35

Adrian

Greetings Violet!
quote:

Dear Adrian,

There must be a problem with my settings because now I can not see the images. I use Netscape.  

Many Thanks

Still totally clueless,
Violet

I am sure you are not clueless at all, and I like blondes  

My guess is that Netscape will not display bitmap (.bmp) images - actually, there seems to be quiet a few things like that with Netscape. But I can see them fine, and I am sure everyone else with Internet Explorer can as well. If you have Windows, IE is a much better bet these days in my opinion.

But most people use IE, and we can all see your images fine thanks

Thanks again for shareing them with us!

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Violet

Dear Adrian,

Thanks so much.  I finally see now!  

Dear Inguma,

I was really struck by two things about the symbols you and I have posted.  One is the simplicity of the symbols and the second being that they do have some sort of gate concept to them. Most of the symbols I see are rather simplistic (not overly complex). The symbols I see usually have a 2-D representation of a 3-D tunnel effect to them. Not always but usually.  Perhaps the way the gate is presented might have to do with the persons perceptions and conceptions during projection. Perhaps as a group we have hit on something.

Much Thanks for posting your image!

Regards,
Violet

Very Best Regards,
Violet

Edited by - Violet on 02 April 2002  19:37:58

solstice

(this is my first time, here)
Yes, I have!  
The first was prior to a demonic encounter, where I saw in place of a physical object, a "Celtic cross".  Another time, I saw these runes:
http://www.astralsociety.org/~solstice/p4.jpg" border=0>

"people can fly..."
http://psychicbody.cjb.net

Edited by - solstice on 09 April 2002  11:26:02

Edited by - solstice on 09 April 2002  11:26:58

jilola

I recall seeing similar spiral images as symbols for the Egytian sun god Aton.
I'm looking for the references/links and will post unless someone beats me to it.

Jouni

Nimzomyth

I once had a OBE on magic mushrooms.  (Note! I am not condoning their use).  Just before exit I saw all sorts of symbols rush towards me.  Ancient to modern.  I can't explain why this happened, i'm just stating my experience.

Violet

I am hoping someone out there can tell me if they have seen acient symbols when OBEing?   They are simple looking symbols but look very ancient because they look like they are carved on little stone tablets.  Each tablet is approximately the size of ones hand and there is one symbol per stone.  I have seen these more than once when OBEing.

I am open to hearing any hypothesis about these symbols.  My conscious mind really wants to figure this mystery out.

Light and Love to the One and All,
Violet

Edited by - Violet on 01 March 2002  04:06:37