Does anyone see what looks like shadow people looking down on them?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedeekin

Which it is... if the model of reality is as we understand.

The hooded figure is one of the most typical archetypes. But one must wonder what the source of that particular archetype was or where it originated from.

The hooded figures I've encountered are within the nonphysical experience and not during Sleep Paralysis. The hooded figures I did see during SP were quickly identified as a trick of my eyes and shadows falling within the room.

Also I didn't experience them until a few years ago. Considering I have been to many realities and experienced some of the most abstract and alien characters one would wonder why I would create such a 'common' archetype that symbolises 'unknown'.

AteBits

There is also robed characters/figures which many meets during their travels or dreams. I myself have meet them.

Made O pHI

QuoteThe hooded figures I've encountered are within the nonphysical experience and not during Sleep Paralysis
Is it like this for everyone ?

Sometimes I'll just be sitting here doing something and I'll see a black figure walk by out of the corner of my eyes.
Once or twice I've seen what looked like a big orb of white walk by out of the corner of my eyes too, it was more like a flash of light. But there was no lights on that could have made the flash when I've seen this. And I wouldn't say it was a figure because it took on no form, it was more of a big ball of light flash.

Maybe their keepers, and they just keep track of our progress and report back to whoever their elite is.  :roll:
lol
"Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best."
~Mother Teresa

Bedeekin

'Keepers'... this is a name that springs to mind. I like it.  :-)

I can't say I have seen anything like this in my normal conscious state. But I can't dismiss the fact it's possible.

When I approached them they were completely without substance; like a hologram projection... in the same way there was also a presence emanating from them. They were clear and defined.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on January 14, 2013, 17:44:52
'Keepers'... this is a name that springs to mind. I like it.  :-)

I can't say I have seen anything like this in my normal conscious state. But I can't dismiss the fact it's possible.

When I approached them they were completely without substance; like a hologram projection... in the same way there was also a presence emanating from them. They were clear and defined.
I like to call them "The Welcoming Party". But have heard many people label them the "Gatekeepers" in my Magickal practices years ago.

Made O pHI

QuoteI like to call them "The Welcoming Party"
Ironic. Hooded figures in black would seem like they aren't as welcoming, at least to me.
Now hooded figures in white I'd love to call "The Welcoming Party". White is just a more welcoming color then black  :-P
"Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best."
~Mother Teresa

Lionheart

Quote from: Made O pHI on January 14, 2013, 18:31:48
Ironic. Hooded figures in black would seem like they aren't as welcoming, at least to me.
Now hooded figures in white I'd love to call "The Welcoming Party". White is just a more welcoming color then black  :-P
One way to look at it is that confronting your fears allows you passage to this area. Hooded Figures in Black are meant to do just that.

It's strange though, the only thing I can see a number of people agreeing with is the dark figures we meet upon AP the first time. There has to be something to this.

Bedeekin says it's our eyes not fully being adjusted yet and that we are making out those figures ourselves and because thought=action here, we are giving them true shape and form.

This reason is rather sound. It you think of it, when you first shift, you don't have 100% focused awareness. It takes a little while for you Astral eyes to acclimate the the surroundings. You see things as blobs instead of full shapes.

it's just like when I try to read something in the Astral. I see the first letters, but them my mind kicks in and fills in the rest of the word or sentence. That's why I find it so hard to read there.

spirited away

I woke up one night with a dark shadowy cloaked figure sleeping next to me. I panicked and moved to the side of my bed.  I tried to adjust my eyes to what I was seeing. This shadowy entity was cloaked and as it moved away from my bed. I saw dark smoke that started to twirled and it disappeared in front of me.  I had always wonder why it was sleeping next to me on my bed  :?
Boom chika wow wow!

Mr.Flip

they probably dont have a purpose except to Be lol just like the human race
(!)Spark it up

mon9999

I see them sometimes during meditation.. I think they are astral entities.. elementals? earthbound human spirits? who knows.. the universe and the astral is vast and huge, we can't always say that what we saw was a creation of our subconscious mind

Jude101

I like how some one once put it on a book, this entities are called astral shells and are remnants of left over energy that entities as us have left over. These energy's are slowly deteriorating and take form of what ever energy they are consuming. The book continue on by saying that this is why they seem emotionless and quite. I like this idea and the one that others brought forward on the idea of these being creations by our consciousness, ultimately lets project and find out ourselves.   
"We should consider ourselves as spirits having a human experience rather than humans having an occasional spiritual experience."

Bedeekin

Quote from: Lionheart on January 14, 2013, 18:58:15
Bedeekin says it's our eyes not fully being adjusted yet and that we are making out those figures ourselves and because thought=action here, we are giving them true shape and form.

The best way to describe the SP 'shadow people' is to describe how we perceive 3D images with our stereoscopic vision. It sometimes happens when looking at patterned wallpaper close up. Our eyes shift together bringing the identical pattern together... bringing our eyes together forces two shapes to merge forces the merged illusion to appear closer than the single images. Depending on the shapes brought together whether identical or abstract, merging them also forces them to be more solid.

Do the finger sausage illusion... below... put your fingers together in front of your face and relax your eyes to look past them... now slowly pull them apart. It should look like the image below.

Here is a wallpaper pattern... when stared at your eyes may automatically start to cross... bringing the pattern closer and closer to you. Use the method I describe for seeing the 3D dot below.

Try matching these two dots together.. if you can't go cross eyed voluntarily, put your finger in front of the screen just below the dots and looking at your finger move it closer to your face... you should be able to see the two dots merge together. If you have good eyesight you should be able to remove your finger and keep the merged dot. Notice how it stands proud of the screen.

Now... in the case of SP, movement of your eyes is only partially voluntary, on top of that vision is grainy and you are open to hallucinations.

So I have very kindly scribbled this down for your pleasure. Use the same method as the dots... see if you can see the solid shadow person in the centre.

The only cue that there is a shadow person there is the top of his head. That's all it took to see it.

After years of messing around with the trance state I have absolutely concluded this is what happens. It's actually the only thing I am very very certain about.

Like you said Lionheart, why this illusion invariably takes the form of a robed figure is another matter. Maybe it's fulfilling a predestined archetypal form... maybe it's akin to our inbuilt ability to pick anthropomorphic figures from things like clouds and trees... seeing jesus in burnt bread or a cats arse... Haha... it's a US based swearing censor on here... ARSE!!

This explanation doesn't explain perfectly represented shadowy robed figures while fully projected and immersed in the nonphysical.

Lionheart

Quote from: Lionheart on January 14, 2013, 18:58:15
Thanks Bedeekin!  :-)

I knew by saying this, that you would jump in and save the day!  :wink:

Bedeekin

Well I've always meant to clarify the eye crossing thing because it's difficult to do without images for reference.

It still doesn't explain my own (and other folk's) hooded figure entities seen while fully Nonphysical.

Lionheart

Quote from: Bedeekin on January 18, 2013, 02:59:59
It still doesn't explain my own (and other folk's) hooded figure entities seen while fully Nonphysical.
Not exactly, but it does get their minds to open up to the thought that it may be some kind of illusion.

We will never know. Until someone someday brings them back to be photographed, lol.  Then, we would have debunkers saying the picture was photo shopped.

Right now it is what you want it to be. I like the thought of Gatekeeper. It makes me feel like possibly they are keeping the degenerates out!  :-)

Bedeekin