Doorbells when Sleeping

Previous topic - Next topic

CMalcheski

Has anybody else had this happen?  Just when I transition into sleep from the waking state, I hear a VERY loud doorbell ring.  There is no doorbell in my house.  It's not heard with my ears, but it's LOUD; the end result in the brain is the same as if it was heard with my ears.  It snaps me awake each time.  It's usually a doorbell, although a couple times I heard somebody yell my name (I think?).  It hasn't happened for a couple years but for awhile it was every night.
Absence blots people out.  We really have no absent friends. -- Elizabeth Bowen

bounda

I've had this happen when I'm about to fall asleep. I sit there, about to pass out when i hear someone scream my name (sounding like my dad's voice) it sounded so real that once i ran downstairs to see my dad was asleep.

Jelal67

Me and my friend were standing around at track practice one time waiting, I think we were waiting for a friend or something, when a voice that sounded exactly like his father yelled out his name. We both spun arround looking for him, but the nearset person was a few hundred feet away. I looked right at him and said "did you hear that man?" "sounded like my dad didn't it?" he said. Sorry, kinda off topic,, but I have hears noises whille falling asleep every now and again. Sometimes its a loud boom or my name...
I'd rather spend my life attempting to make myself happy rather than prevent myself from being unhappy.

Principle

This occurs when in the semi-trance state, (or half-awake, half-asleep)
could be a connection to the Astral Realm or Hallucingenic Sounds (Not sure about the correct termnology).

Nay

It is quite normal to hear a variety of noises while in mild trance.  I hear voices, big booms, electrical poppings..etc. 

You reminded me of a doorbell situation I had a few weeks ago.  I heard the door went downstairs and opened the front door.  No one there.  Ok, no big deal, perhaps I thought I heard the door.  I go back upstairs a couple minutes later it rings again.  I sprint this time down the stairs and open the door.  Grrr.. no one.  I step outside and walk up and down the porch and look around.  No one..  hmmmm...ok then. 

Once again I go upstairs.  Of course it rings again.  I open the door and no one.  I was about to close the door when I thought to ring the doorbell.  That is when I realize that the bell I was hearing was our Garage doorbell.... and I know that the garage door is closed.  :-o  I had a mental scream for a couple seconds and slowly walk to the door that leads out to the garage and pull back the blinds.  I wasn't too sure I wanted to see someone or something looking back at me, but I looked anyways.  NO one..  It hasn't happened since. 

My hubby says power surge but I just don't know.   It did give me a nice little adrenaline rush though. :-D

winged_feline

This morning during a lucid dream I heard an extremely loud knocking on my front door.
I sleep with ear plugs so it stunned me and I woke up with a start and raced to the door to see who was knocking so insistently and angrily.

Like the posts stated above, no-one was there.
What was odd was that the knocking continued as I woke up...like the astral knocking blended into my waking awareness.

I ended up just feeling annoyed that an interesting telekinesis lucid dream had been cut short.  :-P
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe