News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Facing Fears?

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopstickFox

Okay, so either the title doesn't quite match the topic or the topic doesn't quite match the title. I just couldn't think of anything better.

I had an experience last night where I was fully aware and was in my usual form (which has wings/can fly). Flying is really nothing new to me. As usual, everything mimicked the physical, as in Earth physics applied. I gotta work to fly! No floating for me! I love it, though. So, I was up high on something, like a building. A good several floors up. I walked to the edge and looked down. I thought about diving straight down then got terrible vertigo. I suddenly thought "Who? Me? Vertigo? I know I can freaking fly!"

That got me contemplating and wondering the source of the sudden fear. It certainly wasn't debilitating, but it did come as a surprise. I thought back on my previous times flying. Sometimes I do get the vertigo feeling, but as I get more confident and more experience, it has been going away. I thought about the first time I had taken off from somewhere high, it had been terrifying. But after a few times it wasn't scary... that was, if I jumped and started flying horizontally. This was pretty new. I was going to dive straight down. But even then, I had done that before... And from even higher without the fear.

I decided to try it anyways. I mean, what would it hurt? Then I realized what was scary about it... While it looked like I had enough time to safely pull up, I actually didn't have enough time. Well, I managed it, but it wasn't very pleasant. It's not a fun feeling to touch the ground while trying to pull out of a dive. Not fun... GAHHH! I was still alright and actually was impressed with the height I was getting when I flew afterwards.

So, that fear was completely legitimate... Diving too close to the ground is a bad idea!!!

Anyone else have a time you tried to "face a fear" then it kind of blow up at you? Like, it was for a reason and you should have just listened to it? hehe
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Lionheart

If you can fly, you can also penetrate the ground without a collision!  :wink: I know that's easy to say now, after the fact, but it's true.

The only time I ever felt "vertigo" right in the middle of a NPR experience is when I was deeply engaged in one scenario and suddenly found myself being warped into a completely different scenario, without any intent on my part.

I felt the same twisting and turning like I do Aping from SP.

Some things we do have control over there, but with others it's like it's being directed from another source.

Those are the times you simply give in and ALLOW it to take place. They are the experiences that hold your teachings!  :-)

Astralzombie

Chops, you freak me out sometimes. I had an OOBE two days ago that fits almost perfectly with yours. The only difference is that when I realized I was descending to rapidly, it was already too late.

I went kablam into the ground and actually penetrated it for about ten feet or so. The interesting part is that I lost my vision as soon as my head was buried as if I had physically hit the ground (if one could do so without dying that is). :-D
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

I think we've all done this.
I remember at 9 years old learning to remove some fears and vertigo was one which was strange as it wasn't something I suffered from while physical. I jumped off a building got the fear on the way down and knew I was going to hit the ground. I managed to change the environment to a sea cliff and hit the water with a giant splash. After gaining control again and flying out of the sea I went diving for pearls....
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

ChopstickFox

I didn't want to change anything. Like the scenario or bend physical limitations. I like them, hehe. Even though I was fully aware that I was asleep, I didn't want to change anything. I dunno... Something about it, I love how real it feels when I'm in that form. I'm a weirdo... @.@ it's all bad, we must be on a similar brain wave right now or something, haha!

I get vertigo sometimes in the physical. Part of me wants to go skydiving... But i actually might enjoy hang gliding more. Part of me is curious to compare. I did indoor skydiving :3 but you don't get a falling feeling from that.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralzombie

Quoteit's all bad, we must be on a similar brain wave right now or something, haha!

Ha,ha?

The jokes on you if that's true. Poor thing. :lol:
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain