Failed Retrieval--What should I do now?

Previous topic - Next topic

FuggleHop

Around last weekend, I had an experience which almost compelled me to write a post here asking for advice. I decided against it in favor of "just letting it go".

However, yesterday my wife and I went on a business trip which required several hours of driving and an overnight stay--which my wife was looking forward to due to an unrestful past week. She struck up an interesting conversation, so I have decided to ask for advice from AP members after all.

As my wife snores when she sleeps, we not too infrequently sleep in separate rooms. This past week she's been sleeping with the light on. During our conversation yesterday, she told me she'd been sleeping with the light on because she had a ghostly-scare: she awoke in the middle of the night to see two shimmering, ghostly figures in the doorway. One like an adult, the other shorter, smaller. They shimmered like energy. They were moving from down the hallway (where my room is), then zipped past, towards our courtyard. As they did, she told them (or thought to tell them--I'm not sure which), "No, wait, it's okay!". She then got the sense that they were waiting for something (outside, in the courtyard), although the "energy" was no longer visible.

While they were still visible, she received the impression from them that "something was wrong" and that "they were waiting for something".

After quietly listening to her story, I then told her of my story from around the same time frame (don't know if it was the same night or not, but within a couple of days, at least).

My story is that I was in a non-visual sort of dreamstate, or pre-REM state. In my mind was the voice of someone, like a mother, talking about how much she loved her child. She was repeating how much she loved her child. As she did, I was getting the impression that her child had, well, died, and was just waiting--didn't know where to go. My impression was that the child was just waiting, sitting on a park bench.

All of this was just sort of like my idle-thought process and I doubt I'd remember any of it if I hadn't then abruptly separated and Gone Out into the RTZ (which is the way it happens to me now, on those now infrequent times when I spontaneously project I no longer seem to feel the vibrations first).

I had the sense that if I were to just look over to my left, I would see the child who was in need of post-death guidance (or a "retrieval", I've since learned the term is). But I didn't want to see a "dead" child. As a parent, that sort of thing terrifies me. So, I quickly returned back to the physical, and "let it go", forgetting about it until late the next morning, or some time during the afternoon--when I suddenly remembered it and became rather disappointed that I had not been brave enough to go with the experience.

Now my wife, a deliberate non-believer in "this sort" of thing, has been trying to deny what she has witnessed with her eyes (despite her subsequent loss of sleep because of it) and I've been experiencing my own feelings about what I experienced. But we had gone days, keeping our own respective secrets until our conversation yesterday, and it just seems pretty likely to us that our experiences were, well, quite possibly related.

I don't normally discuss the subject with my wife, although I've been interested and practicing for twenty years or so; she has nothing to offer on the subject.

Nonetheless, she is haunted by the sense that there is still a "spirit" or "spirits" waiting, waiting for us to do something (as per her request for them to "wait!"). And I'd like a chance to redeem myself, having chickened out from what may have been my first opportunity to do something useful while out-of-body.

Mind you, I am not skilled at inducing OBEs--they've mostly been spontaneous.

My question is, what should we do now?

Regards.
FH

Mendel

FuggleHop,

I often fail in my retrievals. Its something the pros would never admit  :wink: .
If the helpers in charge of the situation think you are best for the task, they will recruit you again in the future. Its possible, they saw your response to children and decided its too soon for your to experience a child retrieval. Personally, child retrievals are my favorite.
We all have our tolerance levels in retrievals and there are some really hard cases out there. For me, sexually charged or drug-addicted or grotesque-looking(for whatever reason??) spirits tax my current abilities at retrieving.
As far as your wife. Don't worry. Its very common to have friends or family that simply don't believe a word we're saying even if they have had strange experiences themselves. We are all limited by our belief systems. Be patient and seek out like minded people to share your experiences for now.
If you didn't know already, afterlife-knowledge.com has a great forum focussed mainly on retrievals.

-mike

FuggleHop

Thanks for that, Mike.

Upon reflection, I think that it was potential "grotesqueness" that made me flee from the opportunity. I didn't want to see a child who'd been slain in a nasty way in a bad car crash, or something.

I will not chicken out again, should the opportunity arise again.

Regarding my wife: I'm sorry I wasn't clearer with my original thread post--our synchronistic experiences have got her suspending her disbelief.

Thank you for the link to Bruce Moen's site--I'd never heard of the site before, but look forward to having a good look!

Regards,
FH

Potatis

Let us know if you get that opportunity again FuggleHop, and how it turns out! Don't be afraid, look forward to gaining some experience whatever happens. Already you have some experience. Next time you can go further.

Potatis

fost500

Quote from: FuggleHopThanks for that, Mike.
Upon reflection, I think that it was potential "grotesqueness" that made me flee from the opportunity. I didn't want to see a child who'd been slain in a nasty way in a bad car crash, or something.
FH

I thought that when people passed, they just looked normal. i.e, any injuries obtained at death were no longer present in the astral. Am I wrong in thinking this.?
Death is only tragic for those who get left behind

Mendel

fost500:
From my experience, most of the time, the astral person's body looks perfectly normal. I've read, though, that occasionally, an astral person will initially hold on to an imprint of a wound after death. Helpers, portraying themselves as doctors, may then help the person slowly release their negative imprint in a hospital environment, as though they actually were being healed.
-mike

Rastus

Some retrievals can take many attempts before they are successful.  Just because you didn't get them to cross over, doesn't mean you didn't get them closer to crossing over.  Like a football or soccer match, 1 person rarely goes all the way by themselves.  Instead there are many persons/spirits involved.

An Assist is just fine in my book  :D

The scariest thing I ever did was come out of my metaphysical closet to my Wife (I did sort of force the issue).  It forced her to re-examine her beliefs and it's been exciting ever since  :P
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

ASunnieSpirit

Thats a nice story,
i myself have these same kind of fears (seeing dead or unnatural things) and they really hold me back,
but luckily many of my dreams have been dealing with this issue so at least some guide is trying to help me get beyound it.
Im walking on sunshine :)