News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Fear again

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivanda

Tonight I woke up in the middle of the night and for some reason decided it was a good time to AP. I have not tried it for long time. I was on my side and then tried to roll out... I DID IT, I hit the floor and then suddenly panicked--I felt so fragile and defenseless like I may disappear at any moment (silly, I know)  and cease to exist, so, of course, I was back immediately. The fear was so strong that I needed some time to slow down my breathing again.
Another missed opportunity.

How do u, guys, go about fear? I know very well that there is nothing to fear, but when I try to AP it comes out of nowhere and kicks me right back in...    :confused:
Maybe I should first work with my anxieties and build a stronger personality before I try again?
"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."
(Corinthians, 1:13)

vsskye

I would definitely work on your inner emotions and confidence.  Like you said there is nothing to fear, well actually there is ALOT to fear when you are not 100% secure with yourself.    The think that is most dangerous is yourself.

Ivanda

Thank you for responding. I guess you are right. One needs to be strong and mentally stable to do these things and to get the best out of it, otherwise it can be a disaster.
Will try my best to improve.
"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."

Draege

A good way to confront your general fear of the unknown which this really is, is to spend a few nights meditating in pitch blackness with your eyes open. Also try the same thing standing up... This really brings out that irrational fear of the unknown and lets you stand against it. After doing this several times you will finally start to at the very least gain some rational control over your emotion and/or develop a guard against fear completely.

Ivanda

Will try that one!

David Warner

Ivanda,

Talking from experience - its curiosity that has killed fear. If you goto my ftp site and read up on some of the beautiful experiences vs. the negative - you will find the postive weigh out the negative.

Link info to ftp site
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20974

You have to take this with a grain of salt and forge ahead if you want to learn. I still do have my certain fears but time and time again have proven to me its my mind that takes flight on fear.

Ask yourself this.. what am I really afraid of? death, a spirit posseing me, not being able to return back, seeing something weird and and usual.
But after 17yrs of projecting and seeing this all - I am still here...

tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

knightlight

fear wanes through experience.  Not just repeated experience but good experiences as well.  Keep doing it, eventually you will a) have enough experiences where you dint worry about it anymore and b) also have experiences that are so great you want to get back to OBE state really bad.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

Ivanda

Thanks, guys, great advices   :grin:

The voice of silence, I will definitely check out the link u have posted as soon as I get some time. Thank you :) I guess I my immediate fear was just ceasing to be, disappearing. I`m probably too used to my body and felt very unprotected without it....

Knightlight, I`m trying to have an LD-- the first time I had it it was awsome and I could have had a full blown OBE into a bright golden light surrounding me, but  that time too it was fear that stopped me. Arrrgh....
Looking forward to those great experiences!

hugs,
Ivanda

greatoutdoors

Ivanda,

This is philosophical advice at best, but here's my take. Your fear of ceasing to exist (death) is probably the number one fear experienced by humans, so you are far from alone.

I guess I'm a bit strange because, to my knowledge, I have no fear of death. I think one of the reasons I feel this way is a mental game I play: "What's the worst thing that can happen?"

Death (or ceasing to exist) is very much like sleeping or going under anesthesia. When anesthetized, you have no sense of time, or dreams, or consciousness -- nothing. So I think, "Okay, if I died, what's the worst thing that could happen? Say it is that there is nothing after death, no reincarnation, no "heaven" or "hell," just blackness. So, #1, if it happened I wouldn't be aware of it, so no need to fear; and #2, I have been asleep and under anesthesia, and there's nothing to fear there, so no need to fear this scenario."

If there is a "Heaven" and I die and wind up there, "what's the worst thing that could happen?" It is supposed to be a place of eternal happiness where I would see the face of God. Certainly nothing to fear there, so bring it on!

If there is a "Hell" and I die and go there, "what's the worst thing that could happen?" Well, there is no denying it would not be a pleasant experience! But if I am going to go there, I cannot change the situation, so there is no reason to fear it -- might as well be now as later.

If the reincarnation theories are right and death will bring another life, "what's the worst thing that could happen?" In this case I would actually look forward to death -- a chance to start again and maybe get things right this time. It would bring new adventures and certainly nothing to fear.

I guess I have thought this way for so long that my psyche, unconscious (pick your term) shares my philosophy, so fear is not a problem in this particular arena. However, I still experience intense awe, amazement, curiosity and such, which have all been more than sufficient to send my zipping back into my body!  :lol:  SO even if you overcome the fear, you may not be home free!  :lol:  

Don't know if this helps at all, but thought I would share.

Ivanda

Dear Greatoutdoors,

I actually have entertained very similar thoughts, but apparently they have not become my second nature yet.
There is nothing in the world to fear anyway, but still we do..fear is irrational. I like this one: FEAR or False Evidence Appearing Real...

Oh yes, the awe. That`s exactly what I experienced the first time during my LD, awe and fear. Yep, these emotions are just too powerful to control and there is no time for reasoning with yourself. Maybe I can just get used to it with time. Just by taking small steps.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Ivanda

David Warner

Ivanda,

I think fear is good which keeps one in line of being careful, no worry and daring to exist. This last week I had a medical scare and turned out to be all fine in the end, but at the time I was mentally a wreck. I didn't want to project (last thing on my mind) and kept saying to myself "I want to remain here until I'm around 100".

Guess where I am getting at is the fear of dying or leaving this world with unfinished business rang loudly with me. It definitely spelled out "I have to know more about oobe and want validation" in which this has been my drive over the years.

More that you project, the comfortable it will become. Also, expect good and bad moments in the astral. But I do think if you feel that God is on your-side, you are trying to better yourself, help the world - that will be your savior over fear.

Tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Ivanda

Yes, that`s exactly why I stopped practicing OBE long time... I felt that it was not really making me a better person. And then...if it has to happen, I will let it happen, but no more practicing. I believe it should be a spiritual experience not a game, otherwise it looses its sense.
These are wonderful experiences though and, of course, I wish I had them more often ;)

David Warner

Ivanda,

If god didn't want us to experience oobe or dreams, I think we would
not be able to communicate back.

Also, review this thread that I have running: some real excellent info. in there about the bible, god, astral projection.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=180410#180410

tvos
www.invisiblelight.us

Ivanda

Thank you, I will  :)