What've I done now?

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

Was doing the same energy raising exercises I always do. Outer body, and then to the chakras. (As outlined in Astral Dynamics.)

Then it was as if somebody hit a switch, and a thick bolt of energy began coursing through me, from the top of my head at the crown chakra, like an electric current.

At the same moment everything went black. I lost awareness of my body. It felt like I had been enveloped tightly by a warm blanket, swaddled, and I could not move.

But instead of leaving body, there was nothing but a blackness. I went into panic mode. Pure terror.

Remembering "Fear is the Mind Killer" I got a grip on myself. (I find reciting prayers works for this.)

So I was calm, but nothing more happened. Just this blackness. Then I began to feel queezy and dizzy.

So I brought myself out of it.

I recognize this as some sort of accidental progress. I think I'm on my way to leaving body through meditation, on purpose- Instead of involuntarily.

But why didn't I see anything, or go anywhere? Just blackness.

Jo'ogn

with which eyes did you try to "see"?

Leyla

I was wondering about that. Maybe I was out, but just not opening my astral eyes?

I have had the dizzy/sick feeling before, when I went out of body, and went turning about in my room and couldn't get myself to stop. A type of vertigo.

NickJW

I have had a similar experience. I was in sleep paralysis and I was stimulating the chakras before leaving my body, when I felt an extremely powerful electric volt feeling going down my spine. I started spinning in circles at a high velocity and ended up in what appeared to be a medieval hall inside a castle or something. The projection however, did not last very long.

Nay

Sounds like the blackness I often encounter.  Thinking of a place to go at that point would have probably "put" you there.

Next time hang out for a bit longer if you can.  I can relate about the dizzy feeling.  Lots of times when in that void I end up going really, really fast.

Nay

lkjewr

Hey all.

Interesting experiences.

Quote from: LeylaI lost awareness of my body. It felt like I had been enveloped tightly by a warm blanket, swaddled, and I could not move.

I've experienced this before, and I've spoken with others who've experienced this.

When I felt wrapped up- I describe it as being in a cocoon- I would relax and move by trying to roll or spin. A heavy and slow nonphysical movement would then be possible for me, though my arms would still be locked in whatever position they were in.

Would you try that next time and update us on what happens?

Anyone else every experience this wrapped up feeling?
Thanks...

Leyla

QuoteThinking of a place to go at that point would have probably "put" you there.

Yes, good idea. I bet that would've worked. That's what I did the last time I have the dizzy problem and it worked.

QuoteI would relax and move by trying to roll or spin.

Uhhhh...don't even talk "roll" or "spin" to me when I have vertigo.

lkjewr

Thanks...