News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Finally Got Out :)

Previous topic - Next topic

J.K.

Well, I finally made it out...    :smile:  

I've had several experiences with lucid dreaming but in terms of astral travel or OBE I think I can really only claim it once. Thursday was my second such experience, and it was much longer than the first.

I arrived home from work a little early; getting here around 9 AM. Yep, I have a rather odd schedule. And as I often do, I decided to take a nap around 11:00 - reading a bit before I went to bed. On this particular day the topic appears to have been timely. I'd printed out a copy of Jim DeKorne's article, The Structure of Reality - The Out-of-Body Experience as Gnostic Revelation. This is Chapter 2 in a series.

After only a few pages I found myself falling asleep, and the next I recall after that there was faint awareness. My mind seemed to be traveling as I vaguely remembered the article I'd read. I sensed the ability to move and without opening my eyes I slowly willed my shoulders off the bed. I became keenly aware that "I" had moved. My shoulders were now hanging off the left side of the bed. My feet remained on top. With my eyes still closed, I was hovering above the carpet and there had been no thump. I gently moved from left to right swaying my shoulders to and fro.

Feeling a bit more confident now I willed myself back up top. Once again I was parallel and in the same space as my torso. With my eyes still closed and being more confident now I decided to will a foot exit. Before I knew it my legs were hanging off the foot of the bed. My shoulders were now at the level of my knees. At this point I allowed myself to see. It was also at this point that I allowed myself to rise.

The sensation was that of floating in water, weightless, but there was no trouble breathing. The atmosphere was liquid and appealing. I floated to my altar and came to rest on the zabuton. To my fore-left I saw a small golden cross floating yet broken. When I reached out my hand to grasp it the cross reassembled. Silt was now floating through the air - going up. Cross in hand I now gazed at Buddha. The sound of strong wind rising to my left and right began to envelop me. It joined above my head encasing me in something of a wind-pyramid. The wind was colorless, but it was as if I could see it. And at that point, having decided that was prolly enough I decided to get back into bed.

Getting back in turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought..     :lol:

I'm pretty sure my problem was that I tried to 'get up' too soon after getting 'back in.' Several times after after returning I tried to stand up immediately. Each time I'd only go OBE again. When eventually I allowed myself to rest there for a moment I was able to rise in the normal way.

The experience was both pleasing and exciting.  I don't think there was anything special that I did to bring it on. - I haven't practiced or even posted in a while. It just kinda happened..  Needless to say, however, I was very pleased..    :smile:

Vilkate

~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

Mustardseed

Congratulations. Good for you :grin: See.............we told you :cool:
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Selski

Nice experience J.K. and thank you for sharing it with us.  :grin:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Greytraveller

Congrats. Clear and lucid description of the OBE.
I always like the floating part. When you get  out of body on a future projection try to go outside and take flight over your house. Flight is an experience nearly impossible to put into words. :grin:  :cool:

Kodemaster

Congrats, JK! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

J.K.

Thanks so much, everyone..

Yes, you did tell me..   And yes, it was great.

I had a blast..  :-D