Finally, I've made contact with an unknown astral entity

Previous topic - Next topic

12padams

As most you currently know I've recently started researching astral people/creatures. I actually call them "phase people" and call the astral plane "the phase" to allow me to remain open to both the scientific theory of lucid dreaming and the spiritual theory of astral projection. My first goal was to find an astral person that I had never met in real life. The actual multistep plan of how I was supposed to do this is a little more in depth and I will post a link to it further down the page...

Basically I got into the astral and became conscious instantly chanting my plan out so that I wouldn't forget it. I followed the steps perfectly however I couldn't find anyone in the places I thought they would be. Luckily I got the idea to call another unit number using my apartment's intercom system and someone I had never met before replied once I dialed unit "102". I had a little chat with them (exact wording of conversation in link below) yet they seemed to want to talk later in person rather than over the intercom. It's like they wanted to lead me to unit 102 (the furthest away from my own unit) so that could talk/meet in private.

Anyway here's a direct link to that exact experience (its too long to post here) so you can read what happened word for word: http://forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic=842.msg5722#msg5722
(I may receive replies on that other forum as well but please note that they may be a little more skeptic/scientific in nature)

What do you all think about this? Do you think he is just a creation of my subconscious mind or do you believe this is a real astral entity willing to meet me. Are they good or bad and why are they seemingly trying to lead me to unit 102 rather than talk to me over the phone? Would you trust him and go meet him or would you avoid him at all costs? He seems friendly enough but I've only heard his voice so I can't personally judge him myself...

There are some other questions under the experience at that link which you are free to answer here as well if you wish. Remember that those are just basic ideas and you can tell me whatever you want to about my experience :)

AzurePhoenix

Wow, that was really interesting.
I think you might have met an entity, tho were you only getting words  or where you getting feelings, thoughts and emotions too?

Lionheart

Quote from: 12padams on May 01, 2012, 09:27:31
What do you all think about this? Do you think he is just a creation of my subconscious mind or do you believe this is a real astral entity willing to meet me. Are they good or bad and why are they seemingly trying to lead me to unit 102 rather than talk to me over the phone? Would you trust him and go meet him or would you avoid him at all costs? He seems friendly enough but I've only heard his voice so I can't personally judge him myself...
Intent is a beautiful thing, you create your intent and enjoy the results. This is your adventure. Now YOU need to ask questions while in the "phase". People here can only help you with what they have experienced. That doesn't mean it will be the same for you. This is a personal journey. This is the reason it is so hard to take a scientific approach, because the outcome will always change from person to person. The only way to look at it scientifically is by creating a model that you use exactly the same every single time. Everyone involved in said experiment/model must use that exact model with no deviating from it, kind of like a sales script. Then you look at the results over time. 10 times, 50 times, 100 times, 1000 times. Thomas Campbell gets into this topic quite thoroughly. You can't just have a couple of experiences and come to a scientific conclusion. This takes years to acquire the data. He also proves it can be done, because he has achieved it.

12padams

QuoteI think you might have met an entity, tho were you only getting words  or where you getting feelings, thoughts and emotions too?

There was a general sense of friendliness in his voice. It almost sounded like it could have been me at 5 years older yet it still had a slight "teenage accent" to it so I am really uncertain. With that said however I only received his voice and each thing he said was something I didn't expect (just like talking on the phone with someone real). Overall I am willing to meet him but I've just got to deal with the elevator/lift problem before I can do that...

QuoteYou can't just have a couple of experiences and come to a scientific conclusion. This takes years to acquire the data. He also proves it can be done, because he has achieved it.

Exactly why I came back to the "Maybe" side of astral projection rather than pinning it directly on the internal experience only... I have this whole year (April 2012 to April 2013) to research phase/astral people just like I had last year to research the existence of the astral/phase itself. Next year it will be another topic based on how I feel at the end of my "phase acquaintances" book. Overall though I am happy that I am experience everything myself rather than reading other people's experiences and thinking "why don't you do this, or do that". It's all up to me now however I still like to hear other people's opinions to my experiences to prevent myself being one sided and open up my mind to greater possibles allowing me not to miss the sutler details.

Pauli2

Quote from: Lionheart on May 01, 2012, 15:12:58
This takes years to acquire the data. He also proves it can be done, because he has achieved it.

"proves" and "proves"... hmm...

Problem is that Campbell provides no experiences to back up his claims in
his book My Big TOE. I don't know if he provides any detailed experiences
at all to back up _any_ of his claims anywhere else.

Often he only talks about methods already developed by TMI or he
gives lengthy speeches with almost new info compared to what he
already has claimed in MBT.

I've had a contact with an astral entity of my own and made that being talk through
me (physically). It was eerie as I could hear myself say something like:

"The physical exists without a consciousness. There exists a
consciousness that's not yours."

I was deep down in a session state so I actually had problem remembering
the actual wording. But it was kind of interesting as it sort of was the
opposite of Campbell's claims.

Well, last of all, neither my channelling nor 12padams entities may be
providing us anything of truth. :)

But unbacked claims may take on the appearance of a belief and I'm a little
puzzled why some people take Campbell's words for granted or even as
"proofs" (!) without requesting him to provide _any_ detailed experiences
of his own to back up his claims.

Who urged people to be "open minded sceptics"? :)

Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Pauli2

Quote from: 12padams on May 01, 2012, 09:27:31What do you all think about this? Do you think he is just a creation of my subconscious mind or do you believe this is a real astral entity willing to meet me. Are they good or bad and why are they seemingly trying to lead me to unit 102 rather than talk to me over the phone? Would you trust him and go meet him or would you avoid him at all costs? He seems friendly enough but I've only heard his voice so I can't personally judge him myself...

If I could go meet a non-physical entity I would do it without much hesitation.

Regarding questions to skilled OBE:ers about "dangerous" entities out in the
astral. Skip Atwater (at TMI) said in on of his youtube lectures (given a direct
question) that Bob Monroe "out-grew" such fears.

Also the very skille OBE:er W Buhlman with 35 years of OBE experiences
claims that he has never met a truly evil being. Perhaps one or more
disturbed or selfish discarnate dead humans, but no really evil entity.

Also remember that even if that entity i friendly, it may be a guide who
is trying to test you. So you may or may not feel a little manipulated at
times.

Even Monroe's guides/I-There members didn't tell him the truth many times,
of various reasons. Moen explains that it's because if you know everything
in advance, everything which will happen in the physical life in, those events
which you will experience will not give you the full emotional experiences
for your learning/making choices/development/other.

Compare it to going to see a movie which you already know the ending
of. It's not that exiting.

I would certainly try to meet an entity if I was as skilled as you are
at going OBE.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

12padams

QuoteI would certainly try to meet an entity if I was as skilled as you are at going obe

Skilled... I wouldn't say I am skilled at obe but I am at being conscious/following my multistep plans within them and determining the difference between a dream of astral and real astral. I typically enter it an average of twice per month. Sometimes I enter it multiple times per week while other times it's once in a month... I have no stable entry method yet but have tried a variety of methods. Interestingly enough I have created a new method based on how I seem to have entered it each time in the past. Here's my current method I used to induce the experience at the beginning of this topic and it worked first attempt :)

Try getting up at 4am then going straight back to bed minutes later and attempt a wild... Don't do it how it's supposed to be done though! Do it wrong! Mentally repeat in your head that "I will pinch my nose upon awakening" and don't move for as long as you can while continuously repeating this.

After 30 minutes to an hour you will become very uncomfortable... Give up! Get angry and disappointed that your incorrectly performed wild attempt failed then roll over and fall asleep. You should have multiple false awakenings once going to sleep again and the idea of performing a reality check during these will be embedded in your mind! That's how I have been doing it in the past without even noticing... a failed wild and heaps of intention = a false awakening!

Anyway I already have planned how I will meet this entity so here is my next plan for you to look forward to:

1. Go to my intercom phone and dial "102" to contact "The Somebody" in unit 2.
2. Ask "The Somebody" to come up the lift into my apartment to meet me.
3. If he refuses to come to me I will use the lift to go down to unit 2 and meet him.
4. Once at the door knock and if I get no response open it then walk in.
5. Ask "The Somebody" for his real name and age.
6. Eject myself from the phase and draw a picture of "The Somebody" upon awakening.

Anyway, hopefully I will be able to get in contact again...

Xanth

Pauli, all I can say to you is that you seriously missed a lot of parts of Tom's books... like the entire thing.  My suggestion to you is to go back and read it... but this time with open minded skepticism.  You obviously went into reading it with a lot of heavy bias.

Pauli2

Quote from: Xanth on May 05, 2012, 10:41:22
... you seriously missed ... the entire thing.

I'm sorry Xanth, but that doesn't work for me. Fuzzy statements in a slightly
unclear manner, that I've missed "the entire thing" is not something I can
accept. I request something much more stable.

There was a time when I was young and perhaps part of that group of people
who was a little fuzzy in their world view and who would accept almost anything
related to New Age claims. And had I been 15 years younger than you, I might
still have belonged to that group of people. But today things are the opposite way,
I'm close to 50 and if anyone makes any claims, that person has to back it up in
one way or another.

Backing up Campbell's claims with statements that someone else (in this
case, me) has missed the "entire thing", doesn't compute.

---

If I should mention one thing which could be considered the "entire thing";
what's remarkable with My Big TOE is that it's _not_ about Campbell's
TOE. He never describes his own TOE. The title of the book is, in my
opinion, incorrect.

So, the question is, who is missing what? :)

Szaxx

Hi,
Looking at the big picture, most of this world is missing something. If we agree to disagree until our varied experiences tie at some point then we have missed nothing.
Misrepresentation of the facts is so easy as the teller and the listener will have differing beliefs or morals etc.
The meek shall inherit the earth, if the rest dont mind..
Hidden truths?......
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

bluelily

Quote from: Pauli2 on May 05, 2012, 11:04:24
If I should mention one thing which could be considered the "entire thing";
what's remarkable with My Big TOE is that it's _not_ about Campbell's
TOE. He never describes his own TOE. The title of the book is, in my
opinion, incorrect.

I'm still working my way through My Big TOE, but I find this statement puzzling. He spends a LOT of time deriving his Big TOE in the book, most of the book as far as I can tell. I can maybe agree that it's a bit on the heavy side, but the information is there, in detail. Sorry but saying otherwise is, to me, like saying you've read a chemistry book that didn't teach any chemistry. He rarely shares experiences now, and half of me really agrees with that approach - it can give people preconceived ideas which can then materialise, and it can make people go out there to try to replicate what he's found, even though his metaphors may be different from theirs. At the same time I would find it interesting, and probably downright inspiring, to hear more about what he's found 'out there'. But he explains his TOE according to what he's found, encourages people to investigate to develop their own TOE, and explains how to go about doing that. I really don't see the problem. And I don't get the feeling he wants people to agree with him. Just investigate.
Follow your heart without remorse.

Xanth

Very well put Bluelily.

The "MY" in "My Big Toe" illustrates the very point that I've been trying to expound to Pauli for the better part of three years.
It's that you'll never find answers in somebody else's truth.  NEVER. 
Why?  Because consciousness exploration is all about experiences, and you can never have someone else's experience.  You can be 100% sure that when you're reading someone else's experience that they've written down, you're NOT experiencing it in any way, shape or form as they did.  Not even close.

The TOE is ostensibly Tom's.  Though it opens the door which allows you to find your own.

Otherwise he would have just called the book "TOE" and left out the "My".  But he knows the importance of that single word in relation to the rest of the title, and he makes it perfectly clear within the (I believe) first few pages of the book.

12padams

QuoteThere was a time when I was young and perhaps part of that group of people
who was a little fuzzy in their world view and who would accept almost anything
related to New Age claims. And had I been 15 years younger than you, I might
still have belonged to that group of people. But today things are the opposite way,
I'm close to 50 and if anyone makes any claims, that person has to back it up in
one way or another.

It's a shame you have closed of the possibility that that the astral is not just in your head... Truthfully, I wanted to close that possibility off very early in my journey towards the end of my first book but once I did there was something missing... My desire to astral project lowered and the "spark" of mystery and excitement was gone. If its all in my mind then... Well what's the point. My books are in place to determine what it is and if I come up with what is it so early then why should I continue?

So I decided that to "determine" whether astral projection is an external and internal experience I must copy tom Campbell and experience it with "open skepticism". For example in this threads experience... This person I spoke to gave me unexpected responses however it doesn't instantly mean I say "That was another persons consciousness" instead I say "I wondering if that was another persons consciousness or a conscious connection to my subconscious". Right now your talking to the next Tom Campbell yet this time he will log his experiences like he has been since the beginning and not a single one is missed.

When I write my version of "my big toe" I will give references to all my other experience books to show exactly why I say certain things. Hopefully I will make a positive impact on the world. Everything I write about my experiences is true and not manipulated to fit a hopeful "coincidence". It doesn't matter what others think, all that matters is that I know I've spent my life doing the research with all my evidence logged for all to read.

todd421757

Quote from: Pauli2 on May 05, 2012, 09:55:28

Problem is that Campbell provides no experiences to back up his claims in
his book My Big TOE. I don't know if he provides any detailed experiences
at all to back up _any_ of his claims anywhere else.

Well, last of all, neither my channelling nor 12padams entities may be
providing us anything of truth. :)

But unbacked claims may take on the appearance of a belief and I'm a little
puzzled why some people take Campbell's words for granted or even as
"proofs" (!) without requesting him to provide _any_ detailed experiences
of his own to back up his claims.

I totally agree with you Pauli.

It is almost impossible nowadays for a typical person to achieve classic OBE's on a consistent basis. Lucid dreaming is about the best most can ever achieve. The reason is because we are bombarded with so much subjective information like what is found in my big toe and many other similar books. I think the Seth books really popularized this type of "my waking and dream personal reality is the same" information that is so prevalent nowadays.

If you are not careful, you could get a personality disorder from practicing some of these self-hypnosis techniques. The reason for this is the people will confuse their waking life with their dream life. They will not know what is what. There needs to be a clear divide between your waking and your dreaming life. Otherwise, you will become ungrounded in your physical life. I have seen this happen with others.

Xanth

Quote from: 12padams on May 05, 2012, 17:28:54
It's a shame you have closed of the possibility that that the astral is not just in your head... Truthfully, I wanted to close that possibility off very early in my journey towards the end of my first book but once I did there was something missing... My desire to astral project lowered and the "spark" of mystery and excitement was gone. If its all in my mind then... Well what's the point. My books are in place to determine what it is and if I come up with what is it so early then why should I continue?
Honestly?  You'll *never* be able to close off that possibility.  Even when you come upon your own personal truth regarding it.  You STILL can't close it off. 
You're going to have to learn to live with the uncertainty that you might just never know the objective truth regarding these experiences. 

If you can't accept it... I'd highly suggest you find a new hobby to fill your time with because you're going to become more and more frustrated with that paradox.

Quote from: todd421757 on May 06, 2012, 13:10:14
I totally agree with you Pauli.

It is almost impossible nowadays for a typical person to achieve classic OBE's on a consistent basis. Lucid dreaming is about the best most can ever achieve. The reason is because we are bombarded with so much subjective information like what is found in my big toe and many other similar books. I think the Seth books really popularized this type of "my waking and dream personal reality is the same" information that is so prevalent nowadays.
Well, instead of questioning Tom's (or whoevers') "subjective information"... you can always take the next step and test his ideas.  See what works best for you.
I've done this very thing regarding Frank's work here on the Pulse.  I've tested what I could so far and have taken what resonates with me, modified some to resonate better with me and left the rest behind.

As I said, this is all a unique journey.  How many people are on this planet?  That's the number of unique perspectives there are towards projection. 
Tom has his perspective (which he has shared in his book), you have your perspective, Pauli has his perspective, I have my perspective.

None of these perspectives (other than your own) should be "followed".  You should be using them as a "guide" ONLY. 
If you take ANYTHING from "My Big Toe", it should be that.

In the end, if someone gains some insightful knowledge during a projection (this is also why I really only use the term "projection"... I allow the reader to determine what it means to them), then I think it was a good thing regardless of what you deem the projection to be (obe, lucid dream, etc). 

QuoteIf you are not careful, you could get a personality disorder from practicing some of these self-hypnosis techniques. The reason for this is the people will confuse their waking life with their dream life. They will not know what is what. There needs to be a clear divide between your waking and your dreaming life. Otherwise, you will become ungrounded in your physical life. I have seen this happen with others.
I can't really argue much with this statement.  Sometimes it can be very hard to tell the difference. 
You always need balance in your life, not exactly a clear divide... but balance. 
However we could also be saying the same thing with "balance" and "clear divide".

todd421757

Quote from: Xanth on May 06, 2012, 13:53:36
However we could also be saying the same thing with "balance" and "clear divide".

Yes we are :)

bluelily

Even Thomas Campbell encourages people to question what they're doing and find ways of testing things, proving things, making them objective somehow, finding out if it's all in your own head. I forget his wording. But this is essential for exploring reality, not just the reality we can create. I thought his description of how he felt when he had a verifiable shared experience with Dennis Mennerich was really interesting. They were working with Robert Monroe at the time and were in separate sound-and-everything-else insulated rooms describing their experience into a microphone as they went. Their experiences matched. I hope to do something similar someday.

In my opinion, and that's all it is, there needs to be some proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that at least ONE of our experiences was real in the sense that it took place with the consciousness outside of the physical body, even if it's just getting through half a deck of cards on the top shelf and getting them right. If we don't have that, then it's essentially just like television - entertainment. And if it turns out I can't verify anything, then that's what I'll consider it.
Follow your heart without remorse.