First Full OBE after 10 years of trying.

Previous topic - Next topic

mrguinness

I became very interested in Astral Projection as a teen and tried very hard to perform a conscious OBE.  I never really got there, but was able to lucid dream on occasion. 
After no success I stopped trying and for the last 10 years have enjoyed the random lucid dream, but nothing more.

WELL TODAY IT HAPPENED

After going to class this morning, I laid down to take a short nap.  I was pretty tired.  I fell asleep and quickly started to dream about a movie with a soundtrack of a pop-song that I have never heard before.  Something woke me up, and in my awakened state I reflected on how good that song sounded for something that was completely made up in my brain (this only lasted a few moments).  I then started to fall back asleep and the song began again, blaring in my head.  I immediately realized I was dreaming and looked at my clock...except I didn't look at my clock.  My eyes were closed and I was conscious of that but I could see my clock.

I tried to move an arm but realized that I was in sleep paralysis.  That's cool I thought, and then...what the hell, let's give this astral projection thing a shot.  I didn't use any technique other than willing myself out of my body and felt a very intense pulling of my being from my feet.  Literally nearly like a roller coaster.  I then looked at my body, and moved through the wall.

My motion was no longer my own, however, and I was pulled into an area of pure black and I felt overwhelming fear.  I then thought about my physical body very hard, and snapped back in and got up.  I was shaken.

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)
Congratulations!  :-)
It's a great feeling when your hard work finally starts to pay off. Here's to many more!  :-)

ChopstickFox

Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

twilighter

faxman

Excellent ! Patience is always  rewarded.

Szaxx

The best things come to those who wait. 10 years is a good time. Congratulations on your success.
Next to do is fear. In the reality of it all, its you thats scareing yourself.
Welcome to the Pulse.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

And now that you've had the experience...

What I started doing is loosening my definition of what an "astral projection" is.  At that point I started to realize that I (and every human alive) have had many more projections than I thought!

todd421757

OBE separation through the soles of the feet is a very amazing feeling. I am glad you got to experience it. I always enjoy it.

mrguinness

Thanks for the feedback!  I haven't been trying to do this in so long, but it was one of those times when the opportunity presented itself...so I took it!

Now, I am an agnostic / atheist and this experience didn't really change that for me.  It was amazing, surreal, beautiful, exciting (and becoming more and more dreamlike with time), BUT it only raised more questions than I thought.

I guess I had always hoped that if this happened then it would validate survival of death, but it didn't do that for me.  I can rationalize this as a major hallucination... :-o

Thoughts?

Bluefirephoenix

It's one thing to have an experience but mastery is something else. I think questions are answered with experience. I can pull one off now and then but not consistently and it's dream intermixing.... not always lucid either. I've had a couple that I couldn't tell from a physical experience... that about convinces you..The thing is we cannot prove one way or another. We don't have anything but subjective experience to go on. The tools to measure things like this objectively don't yet exist. In any case I don't think being religious is going to help. I think it is more likely to limit your reference points and possibly create an undesirable dependency and fear. I would work on mastery and take it as it comes. You'll know when you die whether your still in existence or not... if your not then your not in pain so it's all good. No rush in getting that answer.

Bedeekin

"Raised more questions than I thought"

... this is the beauty of it.

roman67

Welcome to Astral Pulse Forums. Good to see you here. So, finally you have got success in your first OBE. Congratulations.