Forcing OBE = bad trip

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDemonWithin

lol that was an interesting read :)

mattrox

Ceriel N

They might work, but reason for working might be that you think it works. However, by a deterministic philosophy; if it works, it's true.
[:)]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

brisck1

Hi I have also experienced this. It can be quite a crazy feeling and doesnt go away quickly

Ceriel N

Last night I was having quite a vivd dream, and as I've been doing reality checks as of late it turned lucid.

The evening before I had decided I'd try to communicate with my Holy Guardian Angel, but as I tried to keep my mind at a level that allows me to do extremely abstract thinking (I'll write another post about this at some time. It seems to be a topic all on its own.) I had trouble dropping into F10. Everything just kinda went blank. - Lack of input into the brain. - No inteligable communication with astral senses. - So I gave up trying to reach my HGA.

Now, in this lucid state, I decided I'd OBE, first heading for the RTZ and expecting to end up in my room. I had a sense of twisting counter-clockwise for a short while, and then everything was black. For some reason I had forgotten I should try to move in some direction to get out of the blackness.
So I deided, 'Hey, I'll go chat with my HGA instead." and started shouting "Holy Guardian Angel" in two languages, in case he/she/it was expecting to hear Swedish. (It made perfect sense at the time.)
I started twisting clockwise now, but the blackness was uniform. At length my mom started making more noise than my concentration would filter out, so I woke up. It was apparently morning. My parents were going long-distance skating. I fall back asleep.

Several hours later I wake up again, get up, open the curtains and head for the bathroom. Then I wake up again. (It's so annoying when that happens. OBE or not.)
This time when I sit up the world is spinning and looks like whatever natural construct responsible for geometry had gone stark raving mad. 'Okay,' I figure 'blood pressure in my brain too low. Better lay back down and wait for my heart to pic up the pace.'
Spinning goes away and I yawn, finding that instead of completing the yawn my vocal cords are stuck on a single tone and won't shut up. I force the yawn to end and try for to sit up again. This time the world immediately starts spinning, and I figure I have to sit up for my heart to 'catch the drift' and start pumping. I don't bother trying to locate which way is up, since I know from experience that is a waste of time. Instead I locate the muscles on the front of my body and have them contract, pulling myself up.
Geometry would still get an 'F' from my teachers, but soon it settles down. Vertigo. Things in the wrong place. Trying to focus my mind but can't. It's like I've drank an entire bottle of vodka.

Finally I 'zoom' back into my body and discover my room in perfect order. Relieved, I sit up. - Success! Sometimes you just have to put some effort in getting up in the morning. [:)]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James