Gagging at the bit - very 1st experience had

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

Eol007

Hi MajorTom,

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thinking of the silver cord reminds me again of Muldoon or perhaps someone else's work I read in the late 70's. The idea mooted was that the silver cord had a limit to it's extension and because of that one would find great difficulty in projecting more that a certain distance. Taking this observation on board made me think that the task of projecting would be a nigh on impossible. I suppose at the time I was young and impressionable, and this somehow had made my practice all the more difficult as the objective then seemed to be at the rainbow's edge! Obviously I had misinterpreted the silver cord issue, and although I knew better it created a mental barrier for a while.

Its funny that this example demonstrates how a chosen belief system can sometime prevent us from seeing the wood for the trees!

In the words W W Dyer perhaps it just another case of 'You'll See It When You Believe It'.

Have fun,

S[:D]

Eol007

Hi all,

I have enjoyed so much your tales of Astral Exploration, I thought it might be time to share a little!!!

In reply to thread http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11521

I've not come across Moen, and am quite familiar with the other luminaries work. I seem to recollect Muldoon... Did not all the 60's & 70's paranormal books have copies of his illustrations as examples when discussing astral projection? I've got a copy of, believe it or not, a rather 2nd hand Time Life book with some of them - they were very good. Assume they are on the net now!

I have been gagging at the bit to get this out. Hope it not too boring for you: -

Thinking of the old books reminds me of my first conscious spontaneous AP when about pre school age say 4 yrs of age in the early 1960's. Before that I thought I was just dreaming of flying (according to what my parents said when I told them of my dreams around that time).

I was lying on my bed and could I get to sleep not! I now realize that was in part due to some sort of astral background noise or similar. I put up with the noise business for years and used to find it quite scary and as a small child and always asked for a light to be left on, no buts! Back to the story - there was an incredible spinning sensation like being on a merry go round at top speed. Then a loud pop and I found myself looking down from about a height of 4ft at my feet. Initially I was surprised to see my prone body, and thought that I had died, but reconsidered as I was still obviously very much aware of myself. Even at that age and though I thought this to be quite odd, I had enough innate curiosity to stick with the flow. It all in all felt very natural to try to move around my room as it felt just like a dream, but without all the panoramic scenery and vista and the light and colour of the room did not match with waking reality. As I had already found that I could control the dynamics of flight in dreams, it seemed natural to try the same during this episode. At first it was somewhat more difficult than my little mind anticipated, and I found myself spinning round like a top for a while. But eventually I gained confidence and could move around the room at will. Eventually after what was probably only seconds I felt very strong pulling force preventing me from continuing my new found flying fun. No matter my resistance I felt pulled the other way. So eventually with great reluctance and a mote of sadness I noticed that the focus of my resistor was in fact my body. So then it was with pop, and funny spinners for a while (can't remember which way round those sensations were) yet again. Once that stopped I lay on the bed not moving just in case it would all happen again. I then got tired of waiting and looked around with newly awakened eyes and got out of bed on slightly unsteady feet as you can imagine and ran to the door and down the stairs looking for my mum. Somehow I never did tell the tale to my parents. It was as if there would have been no point. Oh for parental conditioning. After that I had a several years of fun filled exploration and occasional meeting of other children in playful flying abandon. But sadly memory seems to fade to grey... hope I can recall something in time, although I am not sure it really matters now!

No doubt this may ring bells for some of you of your 1st jaunts out.

Catch you on the flip side sometime. When I get my wings back that is...

S