News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Given a choice

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather B.

My dad told me once, that while sleeping he encountered a spirit being--it didn't really have a form, it was just a radiant white light.  The spirit had given him a choice to either remain on Earth, or "die" and come to Heaven.  At the time, my sister and I were still just children, and Dad chose to stay here and raise us and take care of Mom.

I have read of other people having such experiences, too, some while consciously projecting, and others without knowing they were projecting.  (My dad has never practiced projection, but it has happened to him before.) And in every story, the people always chose to stay behind, as my dad did, generally because they have spouses and young children and they want to fulfill their duties to their families.

Have any of you ever heard of this?  What would you do if you were given this choice?

I've been thinking a lot about this.  My first impulse would be to say, "Hell YEAH, I want to die!"  I have no one who's dependent on me, I have no one to live the rest of my life with, I'm not the most indispensable worker, and frankly, I regard this so-called "life" as nothing but one long, painful dying process.  Everyday another battle, everyday another mortal wound, which only gets healed in order to be inflicted again. *sigh*

On the other hand... I'd be extremely apprehensive, and probably give the 3rd degree to the entity who was giving me the choice.  I wouldn't want to be tricked or made a fool!  Nor would I want to give the "wrong" answer... it could be some kind of test, who knows?  :roll:
|*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*|
:sunny:  Heather B.
(formerly known as Almost Mrs. Murphy)

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

--Arai Akino, "Tsuki no Ie"

Heather B.

Wow, no, I haven't heard of that!  Thanks for the link!  How interesting... I never would have thought such a thing could happen.

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

Stookie

My friend always tells this story:

He took some LSD with a group of people (he's a little "funny" in the head now, so I'm not suggesting it to anyone). They were listening to some Hendrix when the music got really intense and he couldn't take it anymore and left the apartment. When he got outside he got really sick, and when he finished vomiting, he saw a bright hand come down (he said it was the hand of God) and told him that he had a choice to make: He could straighten his life out and choose to live, or he could die in a bad car accident that night. He said he voiced out "I want to live!".

He's still alive now and no longer does acid. Whether it was real or just a bad trip, it changed his life.

QuoteI've been thinking a lot about this. My first impulse would be to say, "Hell YEAH, I want to die!" I have no one who's dependent on me, I have no one to live the rest of my life with, I'm not the most indispensable worker, and frankly, I regard this so-called "life" as nothing but one long, painful dying process. Everyday another battle, everyday another mortal wound, which only gets healed in order to be inflicted again. *sigh*

I'm much the same way. I live alone, have no one dependent on me, date rarely. I've read some of your posts and although I haven't experienced the loss you have, the only person I did ever love that way left me because of my spiritual practice (indirectly, but it was the cause). The main thing that really keeps me happy and fulfilled now IS my spiritual practice. The reason I want to live long is because I want to figure out as much as I can before I pass on. And maybe get to share it with others. Life is filled with pain. The people that don't experience pain in your way have probably never experienced love like you have either.

In "Neon Genesis Evangelion" they break it down like this: A life filled with the reality of pain and depression is infinitely better than living an illusion of happiness.

Heather B.

QuoteWhether it was real or just a bad trip, it changed his life.

That's the important thing--it changed his life! :)  The outcome was real, and whether it was God, or his unconscious, or whatever, it had the same benefit.  

QuoteIn "Neon Genesis Evangelion" they break it down like this: A life filled with the reality of pain and depression is infinitely better than living an illusion of happiness.

It's funny you should mention "Eva"--I just borrowed the box set from my coworker! :D  I tend to think that's true.  I look around me these days, and all I seem to see is people just going along in happy "bubbles."  I'm usually torn between feeling disdainful and feeling very envious!

Reading The Problem of Pain by C. S. Lewis has really been helping me understand why I'm going through such hell.  And Astral Pulse has helped a lot too! :)  I agree that now, the most important thing I have going for me is my spiritual development.

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

Hans Solo

This is a no brianer.  Heaven can Wait

Han Solo
"Man, I just sprinted a mile and my heart chakra is going crazy!"

"Women only want me for my Focus 4"

Ben K

in the end there is no time so NONE OF IT MATTERS!
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

greatoutdoors

QuoteIn some cases, the person may have conscious awareness that a change of souls has taken place, and they may even remember many of the details of the transitional process. But in most cases, the person is not consciously aware of the soul exchange, since the incoming soul inherits the residual memory stored in the cells of the physical body.

My question regarding the walk-ins is, if "we" are not physical, and the souls are merely trading space in a physical shell, then how is there any "person" left to remember anything? The idea of trading places in a body is intriguing, especially if voluntary. There is nothing intriguing about the idea of possession -- but then, that is not trading places, just domination, and the soul is still in residence from what I understand.

AMM, I wonder if there are many really happy people around. They may give that appearance, but I know at least one that, once I heard her life story, I wouldn't trade places with!

Stookie

QuoteIt's funny you should mention "Eva"--I just borrowed the box set from my coworker!  I tend to think that's true. I look around me these days, and all I seem to see is people just going along in happy "bubbles." I'm usually torn between feeling disdainful and feeling very envious!

Reading The Problem of Pain by C. S. Lewis has really been helping me understand why I'm going through such hell. And Astral Pulse has helped a lot too!  I agree that now, the most important thing I have going for me is my spiritual development.

...and it's funny that you mention C.S. Lewis, because I just started reading "The Screwtape Letters" (by C.S. Lewis). I had it in my closet for years and just pulled it out the other day.

recoverer

I'm not going to believe in that walk in thing, just because somebody claims that such a thing exists.  

I guess if somebody can make something up, somebody will end up believing in it.

Regarding the original question, I'll be responsible and take care of the burden of living this physical life time. Plus, I think I have a thing or two to figure out, before I go back to the spirit World. I wouldn't want to have to have another birth (or be the cause of another birth) , because I didn't take care of everything, or at least close to everything, I need to take care of in this lifetime.

P.S. Are souls just little things that get smushed down into bodies?

Heather B.

Recoverer,

I find that a very odd idea, too, the walk-in thing.  It's also strange that anyone should be given a choice between life and death, don't get me wrong.  But at least one of my sources is reliable, so... I really wonder.

As for souls... whenever I have encounters with passed-on loved ones, they have nearly-solid bodies.  But that may just be my perception of them, or maybe they can intentionally take on a more solid, recognizable form sometimes.  While awake, I feel their presence wholly on an invisible, intangible level.  It's just while I sleep and/or project that they have nearly-solid form.  But I would imagine that souls, in more "pure" form have very little substance or shape or size.  I can't say for sure, I'm afraid.  Maybe we'll find out soon! :D

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

greatoutdoors

Runlola,

I guess I am not as clear as I could be -- not unusual for me!  :)  What I'm saying is, if the soul is where the "I" is, and it leaves, what would be left? Piers Anthony has written on this in his Xanth stories, and even he is not consistent. In some of his stories, loss of a soul causes the body to go into a deep sleep or die, if the soul stays out too long. In other stories a person continues to operate without a soul, but with a change in moral values, etc. (premise being that our soul makes us good, I guess.)

Of course, that gets into the old question about whether the physical body would die if we did an OBE and just decided not to come back. Could that be what a coma is?

Anyway, I guess my question is, what makes us "us"? Is personality a function of our physical body/brain? Or is it the soul? Oooh, getting deep...  :)

Slayer

Hi Runlola

Quote"Runlola" = According to some spiritual masters, emotions & thoughts of the mind are part of your physical body. The soul is your essence. [End Quote].

If this is the case, where do your emotions and feelings come from
when you AP.......??????  This would be easily explained by the theory that we project inward not outward......however this is not proven fact as far as i know..........

I somehow out of my own feeling(gut) seem to believe our emotions and feelings etc come from our spirit.....

Cheerz
:-)

greatoutdoors

Slayer, that's sort of what I am trying to find out.

From what I can figure out, our body runs and our thoughts, emotions, etc. work because we have energy running through our body through our brain and nervous system. It's a fact that if those energy pathways are damaged, then our physical abilities and our emotions, memory, personality, etc. can be seriously affected.

So, is the energy our "soul"? Or is it something else?

If it's something else, what is it?

Color me puzzled!  :?

Leyla

I had a walk-in experience, and I'm convinced it was a figment of my imagination.

I had a rough childhood, most nights praying for death, until one day, I convinced myself the old me had left, and a new me had come in. The old me was too weak to take this life and had been released from it, the new me was stronger and was to take over, but soon the new me would be psychologically beaten down like the old me.

I think it's some psychological safty mechanism, when the desire for escape from negative circumstances is too profound.

You convince yourself that you have escaped.

Slayer

Iteresting concept about the "safety Mechanism"..............

There are so many concepts on the ethereal, AP, OBE, spirituality etc etc etc i can make my self crazy trying to decide which i think is right!!  mmmph......lol......but this is an interesting one, sounds quite viable.......

Anyway, ive said my two cents for now.....hehehe...........

Cheerz

interception

Personally, I believe "walk-ins" to be a simplistic concept.
Would it not be a far more elegant thing if the "higher self" made the correct decision in the first place? That the focus/fragment/soul essence would be strong and capable enough to be successful in whatever it was sent to the earth experience for.
As opposed to later having to say... "Whoops, that one is going to give in. Better "swap it out"!  :lol:   :wink:

Another thing, is love not an emotion? Love is present in the higher realms, so one can assume that all emotions come from the spirit and is expressed in the energy body. Everything is connected so the physical brain might also contribute to your emotional state though...

Do an OBE and *decide* not to come back?
That would probably be extremely difficult, as the most likely scenario would involve you running out of energy to sustain the projection/shifted focus, you would then black out and automatically return to your body. Your physical body is the primary focus if you are reading this and it has to die first for you to be able to permanently move on. At least, that's the way it seems to me at this time.

Telos

Leyla, I had a similar experience. I thank you sharing yours, because describing the details of mine would be aimless, since it was also purely imaginative.

However, I told a psychologist about my "experiment," and they flipped out. They immediately gave me drugs and signed me up for weekly appointments. I kept hoping they would talk about consciousness with me on a deeper level. How young and foolish I was to go to them!

So a recommendation to those reading: Anyone who has any level of self-discipline need not consult a psychologist. Usually, if you have the self-discipline to create a "walk-in," you have enough to fix it if it becomes a problem.

Slayer

Most pshycologists take too much of a physical wordly approach to helping someones state of being due to their lack of belief in spiritual powers. This is however only a temporary solve as the chassis is being repaired but the engine is worn out. Chassis - body, engine - soul(essence or whatever).

There are as of late many new physcologists that seem to pull away from the normal text book approach and are combining spiritual growth with mental growth or healing. This is hitting 2 birds with one stone, and very effective. So i think one can go to a phsycologist if need be, however one should be extremely picky.

Heal your spirit and you heal yourself.

Cheerz

Telos

Slayer

LOL

Pretty deep man...........!!!

You seem to see the daily posts as the same thing over and over..........that would be quite alot of different people practicing..........how often do you find people actually truly making progress and success? With "projection" that is..................

What he doesnt realize is that you were actually whining and complaining in a way.........yet he went along with it anyway???.......so what was his whole argument in the first place.......

anyway......enough of my rambling.......

cheerz

Telos

Oh, no, I never just whine... I take my whining and complainig very seriously!

Difficult to say how many people have success with "projection." You see, projection is an occult matter, so it emphasizes supernatural phenomena... reading minds, communicating from a distance, foretelling the future, levitating stuff, whatever. So, no, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of that (but there is some! and, intriguingly, they don't seem to know what "projection" is sometimes...) It's kind of silly, but "projection" is really an ancient, outdated, and quaint term for what we're doing here.

Okay... enough of my rambling as well! (So we don't get off topic I request that any replies to me be in a PM or a new thread)

Slayer

maddutchman

If your interested in the story of walk ins, a good series of books I have read come from a Tibetan monk by the name of Lobsang Rampa. In his book 'the Rampa story' he talks of his earlier life as a Tibetan monk, who in his later years transferred his consciousness into the body of an an English doctor who had chosen to surrender that incarnation.

The doctor was offered to have all his karmic debts cleared for the use of Lobsang to continue his studies and provide his teachings to those of a western based orientation. Books were written around the late 60's early 70's I think. Very interesting story. Other books of his "The third Eye' Wisdom of the ancients, Chapters of life.
Very controversial writings for the time.

I've also heard that Jesus in that incarnation on earth had a walk- in present with him in that incarnation, lord Maitreya I'm sure.
Dutchman

maddutchman

Quote from: SlayerHi Runlola

If this is the case, where do your emotions and feelings come from
when you AP.......??????  This would be easily explained by the theory that we project inward not outward......however this is not proven fact as far as i know..........

I somehow out of my own feeling(gut) seem to believe our emotions and feelings etc come from our spirit.....

Cheerz

Astral projection is often referred to as emotional projection by some people I know.
Traveling in the astral is just the creation of thoughts and/or emotions becoming manifest, in a type of 'What you think= becoming your reality/experience. It's exactly the same in this physical plane, only  though takes a little longer and a little more constant attention to build into physical reality.

If you can get enough people to think of the same thing for long enough it will eventuate itself into becoming real. I'm no conspiricist, but governments use fear and fear based principles as a means of controlling the masses, only because they know that it is the weaker of the two energies. Love will win out every time. If too many people know this the governments cannot  control the weaker energy. Not to say that governments used love as their guiding principles....if only!

Anyway back to the point, negative entities in the astral are just unguarded negative energy. Thoughts that have become manifest yet not for positive outcomes. That's Why I don't believe that any so called psychic protection is needed before entering into the astral, because if your energy is of a pure and loving motive nothing can harm you, only your own fear can do that.

You are correct in some sense that would do project inward, its just that your inward is exactly the same as my inward, if you get my drift.
The Astral doesn't have inward or outward, there isn't the same sense of dimension and time that there is in this physical reality.

Emotions and feelings don't all come from our spirit or soul essence, because our feelings are tainted by ego and ego is definitely not a part of our pure soul essence. If we get rid of ego we no longer have desire or extreme emotion because we have no need for it.
Pure soul essence is the spark of life that you take with you everywhere, the astral body is just a combination of pure soul essence, plus your etheric body which is mind-feeling-emotion, whatever you wish to call it.
In truth the only pure emotion that we have from our soul essence is love, because this is the spark that started everything.
Dutchman