Got a question for the wise

Previous topic - Next topic

DraregElder

Been visiting here for eight or ten years and though I don't post often, I do feel that you senior members are both knowing and honest. It is to you that I pose this question. 

Are any of you doing, or have done, personal comparative study between the five human senses, in respect to the astral vs 3D reality? Touching, seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting?  I have recently and would very much like to compare info, especially where smell and taste are concerned.
Lately it's occurred to me, what a long strange trip it's been...  the Dead

LightBeam

From my personal experience I can tell that all the senses we know in the physical are a lot more enhanced in the astral. Vibrant colors, crisp vision (sometimes spherical), feel of different textures to the touch, incredibly enhanced sense of taste. In several occasions when I was on a diet here in the physical, I craved sweets and during several APs, I would find cakes and eat them and it was unbelievably satisfying and delicious. I have eaten other types of food as well. If you go back to some of my previous posts you will find one that describes going back in time at a Christmas party in my childhood home where the table was covered with so much food and my sister and I had the pleasure to enjoy it very much.
Now about smell, I don't recall sensing different scents, just clean fresh air type. Maybe I haven't though about it that's why I haven't experienced it. So, don't forget that our thoughts trigger our experiences. Whatever you think and carry over from the physical, can be experienced. In these occasions I was experiencing physical like worlds and physical like events. However, we are more than humans, we can experience a lot more different types of realities and senses that are not typical for earth like realities or human like characteristics. Keep an open mind and ask to go higher and you will experience being in pure spirit connected to everyone and everything and all you experience is just the FEELING of being EVERYTHING, which can't compare to any human like senses you experience.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Astralzombie

SORRY, i SPILLED a drink on my keyborAD SO THE Caplock comes on AND OFF at rANDOM.

YOU COULD hAVE POSED THIS QUESTION TO anyone becAUSE newbies ARE THE ONES THat notice the enhANCEMENT OF THE SENSES MORE THany ANYONE BECause they ARE SO amAZED BY IT.

Damn this keyboARD SUX.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

The posed question reminds me of the story where the king wanted the same flavoured cake from his dream.
It took every cook to try before the finale.
Enhanced is a suitable word here. There are new flavours and smells too from strange looking fruits not seen in the physical so far.
I can remember one time where I gained my awareness half way through a studded wall in my house. Being partially aware I actually percieved the smell of the wood and the plaster. This brought my awareness up clearly as I wasn't expecting it. I did taste it too, can't say much as I'm not fond of plaster per se, I would expect the taste to be the same.
Expectations are one thing, the above was somewhat enlightening.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Quote from: LightBeam on September 18, 2013, 09:46:18
From my personal experience I can tell that all the senses we know in the physical are a lot more enhanced in the astral.
I agree with statement 100%!  :-)

The colors are more vibrant, the scenarios more surreal, especially while flying or warping into/entering a new dimension.

It is almost like you are experiencing an "ultra reality". One step up from a physical. You also have many more senses than you do in the physical.

Now I know that last statement is going to bring some questions. My answer beforehand is, you have to experience it yourself to know what I mean!  :wink:

LightBeam

Quote from: Lionheart on September 18, 2013, 18:40:11
You also have many more sense than you do in the physical.

Now I know that last statement is going to bring some questions. My answer beforehand is, you have to experience it yourself to know what I mean!  :wink:

This is very true. I have worked with Cochlear Implant recipients who were born deaf and could not comprehend what sounds were. They were explained by family members that there is another sense they cant perceive, but the patients themselves could not understand. And so, when they were implanted and activated for the first time, some of them were breaking down in tears, others were ecstatic, some were scared, but you cant really understand until you get to experience a new sense for yourself.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

DraregElder

Thank you for responding. I am old, slow and so woefully ignorant of mechanics that I can't seem to pull a quote from your reply. Maybe someone would message me that info. But In the meantime... 

LightBeam- yes all of the astral is more enhanced. I'm trying for, is a type of one-on-one, point-by- point view at this stage, though.

AstralZombie- You're right, I could have gotten info from 'newbes' . I don't discount their amAZING tales, but again not what I'm looking, for at this time.

Szaxx- The smell of wood and even tasting it, is the spot on kind of info that I'm looking to compare.

Lionheart- your words 'ultra reality' would be used for my summary, just not the one to one that's necessary before the summary's finish.

I do thank you all and if I may.-- About me. I am in my 60's and have had controlled 'night flights' for more  than 50 of those years. Over time I've changed my interest and direction many times. For the last couple years I've been into this subject. I am still amazed and love to FLY more than life itself, but anything can become, well commonplace, without the quest...

sadie6c

i dont like menthol ciggeretes.  I picked up a butt over there and it tasted better than any smoke I have ever tasted on this side.  Clothes fit better they have a certain. . . Clingyness to them that form shapes to your body. 

I asked a little boy who has been dead for a while what is one of the biggest differences between here there is.  WHat he said was so poetic.

he said "water feels cold, and ice feels wet"

Lionheart

Quote from: DraregElder on September 18, 2013, 20:43:32
Thank you for responding. I am old, slow and so woefully ignorant of mechanics that I can't seem to pull a quote from your reply. Maybe someone would message me that info.
I am computer illiterate as well, lol. To quote something here, you click on the QUOTE tab that is found above the post where you wish to quote from. You then will see quote brackets around that entire post. From here you can delete what you don't wish to quote. Once you are done that, you will see that the only thing left is part you wish to quote.

From there you put your response to that quote underneath the quote itself.

Only the quote should be in the brackets though!   :wink:

Stillwater

QuoteSORRY, i SPILLED a drink on my keyborAD SO THE Caplock comes on AND OFF at rANDOM.

YOU COULD hAVE POSED THIS QUESTION TO anyone becAUSE newbies ARE THE ONES THat notice the enhANCEMENT OF THE SENSES MORE THany ANYONE BECause they ARE SO amAZED BY IT.

Damn this keyboARD SUX.

HAHA. From most other people that would be trolling. I am 95% sure Astral is telling the truth though, which makes it even funnier. Go get a $10 logitech keyboard, lol. I am using one now   :wink:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Szaxx

Quote from: DraregElder on September 18, 2013, 20:43:32

I do thank you all and if I may.-- About me. I am in my 60's and have had controlled 'night flights' for more  than 50 of those years. Over time I've changed my interest and direction many times. For the last couple years I've been into this subject. I am still amazed and love to FLY more than life itself, but anything can become, well commonplace, without the quest...

This sounds very familiar. Remove a decade though.
Your mention of quests, are these commonplace while traveling or is everything still linked to the physical world we know so well?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

DraregElder

Quote from: Lionheart on September 19, 2013, 01:45:02
I am computer illiterate as well, lol. To quote something here, you click on the QUOTE tab that is found above the post where you wish to quote from. You then will see quote brackets around that entire post. From here you can delete what you don't wish to quote. Once you are done that, you will see that the only thing left is part you wish to quote.

From there you put your response to that quote underneath the quote itself.
OK, Let's see if I got it.

DraregElder

I guess not Lionheart, I don't 'got it' after all. Thanks though and I will work on that later.

Your mention of more senses in the astral is one of the most exciting finds in this little study of mine and It ain't done yet. I'm still finding more, now that I'm intent on looking for such.

DraregElder

Quote from: sadie6c on September 19, 2013, 00:24:23
i dont like menthol ciggeretes.  I picked up a butt over there and it tasted better than any smoke I have ever tasted on this side. 
Dang intriguing, had not thought of that, I quit so long ago. I have smelled pot sometimes but so far no one has passed it over to me.

Lionheart

Quote from: DraregElder on September 19, 2013, 21:33:28
I guess not Lionheart, I don't 'got it' after all. Thanks though and I will work on that later.

Your mention of more senses in the astral is one of the most exciting finds in this little study of mine and It ain't done yet. I'm still finding more, now that I'm intent on looking for such.
You got the quote box right. All you needed to do was to post your response under it. You can do both of those things on the same post. Just make your quote first. Then hit "enter" afterwards. That will bring you to a new column.

In this article it speaks of the Ancient Egyptians or whomever dwelled here before us, actually having the capacity for 360 different senses. They believe we still do today, it's just these senses lie dormant within. The time period of Ancient Egypt, Lemuria has always been a key focus to me. One by one I am attempting to activate new senses. This is done on a very personal level and I don't speak much about this in public period. But with a strong focused intent, I have seen great results.  :-)

http://www.holistic-community.co.uk/articles/khemitology-the-study-of-ancient-egypt.html

DraregElder

Quote from: Lionheart on September 20, 2013, 01:38:56

In this article it speaks of the Ancient Egyptians or whomever dwelled here before us, actually having the capacity for 360 different senses. They believe we still do today, it's just these senses lie dormant within. The time period of Ancient Egypt, Lemuria has always been a key focus to me. One by one I am attempting to activate new senses. This is done on a very personal level and I don't speak much about this in public period. But with a strong foucsed intent, I have seen great results.  :-)

http://www.holistic-community.co.uk/articles/khemitology-the-study-of-ancient-egypt.html

Well I'll be damn, like minded here. Didn't know there might be 360 of em. If that's true I better pick up the pace. But 'focused intent' IS also my means of steering.  The places mentioned Ancient Egypt especially, was one the first places chosen in another study, after the dark side of moon.

For me, going places ain't so hard any more, it's the time period  that's a dickin's. Glad i'm not the only  one trying. I wouldn't talk to anyone I know about it, so yeah, a very personal level. Thanks much...

Lionheart

Quote from: DraregElder on September 21, 2013, 02:15:57
  The places mentioned Ancient Egypt especially, was one the first places chosen in another study, after the dark side of moon.
Yep, dark side of the moon, been there done that!  :-D

One of my most incredible journeys was when I was being shown a Black Hole, it's purpose and what lies on the other side of it!  :-)

DraregElder

Quote from: Lionheart on September 21, 2013, 03:54:33
Yep, dark side of the moon, been there done that!  :-D

One of my most incredible journeys was when I was being shown a Black Hole, it's purpose and what lies on the other side of it!  :-)

Lucky you and reassuring for me. Got a feeling that you and I could do this back and forth all day.
Probably shouldn't though, at least not here and now. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other out 'There' and hit the 'Club Astral' for a chat and brew...

Lionheart

Quote from: DraregElder on September 21, 2013, 15:22:05
Lucky you and reassuring for me. Got a feeling that you and I could do this back and forth all day.
Probably shouldn't though, at least not here and now. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other out 'There' and hit the 'Club Astral' for a chat and brew...
Like minded, good natured people are always welcome at my club!  :wink: You can find it located right on the beach in my tropical beach scenario, also known as my "safe zone".

The first round of Long Island Ice Teas are on me!  :-D