News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Close Call

Previous topic - Next topic

TeenageWitch22

Hi I am new here, but I have known about Astral Projection for years now. Recently I have committed myself to doing this because I have come close in the past and have inner faith that it is a true phenomenon.

About a year ago, I induced the vibrations at night on three separate occasions and felt each time as if I was holding on to a jackhammer. In fact, the feelings were so powerful that my heart felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest. And as the vibrations went on, I ended up getting so scared that I didn't even move every time!

I regret this to this day because I haven't been able to achieve vibrations since then. I always feel so scared whenever I have gotten near-separation, and it always freaks me out... Any advice for not letting fear stop you in the astral?

LightBeam

My advice is to start doing regular affirmations that when the vibrations happen you will remain calm. I can't stress enough how powerful affirmations are. Do them while falling asleep, so that mind set can carry over when you refocus towards the inner worlds. During sleep, we all are oriented into the higher vibratory realms, whether we remember it or not. The remembrance and control over our experiences is what we call astral experiences. In order to gain these abilities, we need to reprogram our mind to become the driver (OBEs) during the focus inward, and not just an observer (dreams).
So, it looks like you can reach vibration state, which is one way to achieve an OBE, but you become afraid.
I was afraid in the beginning as well and it is normal, because such fears are imprinted in our human nature. However, we all have the power to change many things not only within ourselves, but what we perceive in the outside as well, but this is another topic.
So, back to your fear: Any fear can be concurred by studying its nature and analyzing its potential harm. Ask yourself what exactly are the elements of your fear. What do you imagine will happen to you during the vibration state? Please answer these questions and I will reply. :)
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

TeenageWitch22

Really, I know that I am going to be ok, the fear seems like more of a primal instinct. My heart starts beating really fast (feels like 190 BPM) and my breathing starts sputtering. I can maintain it when it happens, it's just that the vibations feel so uncomfortable that my "comfort zone" instinct has always prevailed in the past. So much so that even when I really wanted to project, I found myself too frightened to move. On a 1-10 its a 9 of just plain "intense"

Lionheart

Quote from: TeenageWitch22 on September 18, 2013, 11:15:21
Really, I know that I am going to be ok, the fear seems like more of a primal instinct. My heart starts beating really fast (feels like 190 BPM) and my breathing starts sputtering. I can maintain it when it happens, it's just that the vibations feel so uncomfortable that my "comfort zone" instinct has always prevailed in the past. So much so that even when I really wanted to project, I found myself too frightened to move. On a 1-10 its a 9 of just plain "intense"
Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

You need to get away from those physical sensations, physical focus. Use an affirmation like this when you first begin your attempt, "By my act of WILL, I RELEASE my FOCUS over my PHYSICAL BODY". See those capitalized letters one by one, than watch as they disappear into the darkness before your eyes.

Then create something to focus on and keep your focus on that and that alone. A great visual focus target is a candle/flame. But you can use a Mantra, counting numbers, singing a song. Basically anything that keeps your focus away from your physical body. At first you will be able to hold that focus from mere seconds, but in know time at all you will get better and better. You will also notice that you will start to visualize the flame will alter it's shape or visual in some way shape or form. At this point, ALLOW that to happen and just NOTICE what happens next. Stay with this new visual. It will change as well. Pretty soon you will find yourself deeply engaged in the non physical. Now create an intent and you are off on your journey!  :-)

Remember practice, patience and perseverance, are the keys to success!  :-)

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

sadie6c

how are you trying to slip out of your body with out becoming unconcious first.  Your going about it the wrong angle.  Try slipping unconcious then waking up astrally not physically.

TeenageWitch22

yes, you are right about the unconscious aspect of it helping, and what i learned last night was to will myself to wake up an hour or 2 after falling asleep. Last night I awoke with a feeling that vibrations were imminent but unfortunately my roommate woke me up.  Really it is much easier this way than right before bed without any sleep beforehand.

Lionheart

Quote from: sadie6c on September 19, 2013, 00:37:14
how are you trying to slip out of your body with out becoming unconcious first.  Your going about it the wrong angle.  Try slipping unconcious then waking up astrally not physically.
First off, we aren't in our bodies to begin with. I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but you will prove that to yourself someday. So, there is no need to leave the body. It all has to do where your focus is. A physical focus puts you here on Earth, a non physical focus puts you there!  :-)

You can AP from a consciously aware state, you don't have to be unconscious first. Look up "Phasing" in our search engine on the upper right hand corner of the page.

TeenageWitch22

take the red pill lol

Lionheart

Check this excellent video out. It will help you understand more!  :-) Watch the entire video though, don't just listen to 2 minutes and click off. This video can change your entire reality, literally, lol!  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_q5CDE2Nko

TeenageWitch22

Ok will do thanks for being so helpful everyone

Xanth

If you actually listen to that entire video (I personally was peeled to every single word Tom was saying), you'll have all the information you need in order to experience the non-physical (or as Tom calls it, the larger reality).  :)

TeenageWitch22

yeah im actually halfway through it lol... This guys the dude man