Got 'Killed' in my dream.

Previous topic - Next topic

Killa Rican

I think i will put this in AP section since i had some level of awareness which didnt feel like a "normal" dream to me.

In my dream this morning someone was pointing a gun at my friend. And intimidating him. He was terrified to the point of backing up and being cornered to a wall. I was yelling at him to stop and fight like a man. He turned his attention towards me and in "slow motion" pointed the gun at me. Sort of like slow motion effects you see in movies or shows.

He shot at me. He shot me in the neck. And I felt the 'shock' of it, that it woke me up in the physical. I dont know if i really did "die" I just know once I felt the bullet pierce my throat, I felt alot of pressure, But it wasnt that painful to me. But the pressure was enough to wake me up.

Was creepy but i just ended up falling back to sleep and dreaming of random weird stuff LOL.

Anyone knows what it means to 'die' in a dream? <_<
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

ether

ya heard of people dreaming of wining loto and then they do
works the opposite way as well
you could be one of the lucky one's :wink:

good luck

love all

Killa Rican

Well hopefully I dodged a 'bullet' with this one. XD (No pun intended)

ok maybe... :-D
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

ether

my computer lingo is limited so if ya want ya can tell me what ya say'n

and as it seems to be a thing so... < _<   :wink:

good luck

love all

moondreamer

Death can symbolize a great change or 'rebirth'.  

Also, shooting you in the neck...is there something you need to speak up about?  Or do you feel like you are not being heard about something.

I have a feeling the character that was backed up against a wall is represents a part of you (as does the character with the gun).  
My dream/astral projection blog
http://moondreamscape.blogspot.com/

Killa Rican

Lol. Since you mentioned it I was hoping i really wouldnt get shot in the neck in real life. Since some peoples dreams seem to manifest in there reality.. XD

But they can also be symbolic.

Killa Rican

Quote from: moondreamer on February 28, 2011, 00:10:14
Death can symbolize a great change or 'rebirth'.  

Also, shooting you in the neck...is there something you need to speak up about?  Or do you feel like you are not being heard about something.

I have a feeling the character that was backed up against a wall is represents a part of you (as does the character with the gun).  

Mmmm I am goign through some positive changes in my life atm, socially, and a new job.

About not being heard up, I know i do have some problems with social anxiety so I dont speak to much often because im afraid of rejection.  :-(

schockstuhh

Perhaps it was a simple test. I have been attempting to communicate with my spirit guide or A spirit guide for that matter for help and since, I have been having odd yet interesting dreams. It's crazy cause I've just remembered past dreams and I have found an odd connection between the old ones and the most recent ones. Anyways, I've come to believe that in my dreams I'm being tested. I've read that guides won't contact you until you're ready and maybe I'm being checked if I'm ready. Then again, this may not be the case at all; nevertheless, I can consider it a test anyway for my own benefit. MAYBE, since you called him out, the dream was to see what you're reaction would be if he did point a gun at you. It could have been a simple test of courage and you passed :D

Rain_Frog

One time I got shot in my dream, and then I "died." What was weird is that  Ifelt these weird vibrations and heard a rushing, "wurring" sound and began floating. So, I'm assuming it was part astral projection and part dream. I've had a lot of flying dreams over the years.

Hesperus

I have had dreams where mortal injury happened and it seemed so real and I felt the impact.  I took it as an extreme reality check.  It made me realize that none of my worries, troubles, insecurities were as bad as what they could be and that I had a lot to be thankful for.  The adrenaline jolt is self preservation, fight or flight.  Same as the body jerking in between awake and sleep.   :-)

c0sm0nautt

Quote from: Killa Rican on February 28, 2011, 00:11:05
Lol. Since you mentioned it I was hoping i really wouldnt get shot in the neck in real life. Since some peoples dreams seem to manifest in there reality.. XD

But they can also be symbolic.

Could be a warning to be cautious in situations where you feel you need to "confront like a man"? 
Check out my blog @ http://astralsun.blogspot.com/

Stookie

Quote from: Killa Rican on February 28, 2011, 00:12:55
Mmmm I am goign through some positive changes in my life atm, socially, and a new job.

About not being heard up, I know i do have some problems with social anxiety so I dont speak to much often because im afraid of rejection.  :-(

That along with what moondreamer says could sum it up pretty well. It makes sense to me.

Astral Anarchist

I've died in my dreams a couple times.

In the first dream I found myself sitting in a desk in a classroom setting.  I was just waiting idly as a stranger busted through the front door, pointed a gun at my head and pulled the trigger.  Immediately after getting shot, all I was able to perceive was white noise (as in a television).

The second experience was actually a semi-lucid dream (Throughout the experience, I would say I was 33% lucid, 66% dreaming).  I was making my way into a murky room.  In this room there was an executioner's chair.  Right next to the chair was a man holding a cordless driller with his right hand.  To his right there was his assistant just standing there observing.  I voluntarily approached the chair and sat on it.  Clasped in my right hand I had a drill-bit (I got the impression that the reason I was there was to experience death as an educational experience).  So I willfully handed the guy with the driller my drill bit.  He installed the drill-bit then proceeded to hold the driller vertically from the top-center of my head—then drilled right through it (I believe shredding my pineal gland).  Instantly, my focus shifted from the room into outer space.  I found myself floating as a point of consciousness without a body.  In front of me, there was a massive nebulous cloud with glimmering lights similar to that of a Christmas tree.  For a while a stood there with wonder and awe--eventually the novelty of the experience wore off and decided to try to "will" myself into the astral.  No matter how hard I tried, my efforts were in vein.  The last thing I remember thinking to myself as I was stuck there was, "well, this sucks".  :-P I will like to point out that the whole experience seemed rather contrived, as if from a play.

Anyways, the nebula looked almost identical to this:

Quote from: Stookie on February 28, 2011, 11:28:01
That along with what moondreamer says could sum it up pretty well. It makes sense to me.

I'll second that notion.  :-)

Pauli2

It could be one of many lessons from your guides to see how you would deal with the situation. I don't think getting shoot is part of passing the test. Kurt Leland calls these lessons for "Simulations". I put some of his Astral Logs here -> http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/kurt_leland_books_amp_astral_projection_log-t33199.0.html
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Astral Anarchist

Quote from: Killa Rican on February 28, 2011, 00:12:55
About not being heard up, I know i do have some problems with social anxiety so I dont speak to much often because im afraid of rejection.  :-(

I've suffered from bits of social anxiety myself.  To add to that, I also have trouble relating to others in a superficial level; the only people that I don't have any trouble relating with are the ones that are genuinely honest with themselves and present themselves in that manner with others.

Anyways, in my opinion, if you feel that if you have to limit your speech with certain types of people because of fear of rejection--then these are not the types of people that you should be hanging around with.  I have found that, for example, if I'm and artist or art-fan, I'll go to an art exhibit of my liking and I'll bump with all kinds of people that I feel I can easily relate with and in some cases feel that I've known for ages!  The same can be said for concerts, shows, events etc...  (Just go to places where people that share your passions and hobbies meet) I believe it has to do with the "like attracts like" concept.  Anyways, hope this helps.  :-)

donzieja

I've had dreams where I've been shot in the face over 6 times, and I remember seeing the blood over my eyes and on my hands as I was crawling away... But I was alive the whole time. I never died. However, I recall feeling great pressure on my face.

Athymari

This is interesting!

When I was shot or stabbed in dreams I would wake up immediately. Now, I know I am dreaming and that it cant actually kill me so I just keep going. I automatically heal or the wound just disappears. I either fight back continue trying to escape. I once had my head cut off and I stood there awaiting for it to roll of me shoulders :p It didnt so I tried it on the person who tried to kill me and her head rolled like normal.

The only time it hurts, and hurts like hell, is when I get stabbed with a sword in my chakras. Stabbed with a sword in my solar plexius I freeze and can only heal/ move when someone takes the sword out.

astralp

I have had a very similar dream.  In my dream my brother was being held with a gun to his head.  I had a gun pointing at the guy, and I was yelling at the guy to put his gun down or I would shoot him.  Then he pointed the gun at me and shot me in the face.  I didn't feel anything.  Everything just went black and I woke up in my bed. 

"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

personalreality

I died in a dream once.  I was in a war, maybe WWI or WWII, and I got mortally wounded.  I was laying there dying and suffering, begging any passers by to kill me.  No one would do it, finally someone agreed and shot me in the head.  Instantly I was just in a void, in the abyss, in nothingness.  I stayed there in nothingness by myself for the rest of the dream.  It was horrible.

On a side note, I was also a woman.
be awesome.

NoY

:lol:

:NoY:

DraregElder

I got shot once, in wide awake 3D reality. Well actually twice, in the chest, but it was one event. Had a profound NDE and while my heart kept stopping I kept watching, very moving event for me. Since it was 1970 and in Tennessee, no one knew what the hell I was talking about, so I shut up, learned not to talk about it.

What's pertinent to your thread and interesting to me is, how similar the traumatic effect feels, weather astral or awake, at least for me. Of course recovery, after-op pain, rehab and such aren't, but it's real dang close at the event-time, when the bullet hits the bone...
Lately it's occurred to me, what a long strange trip it's been...  the Dead