Help Requested . AP, Stages and Next Steps.

Previous topic - Next topic

richter13

Hi Everyone

This is my first post. I am hoping this forum is the right place, with the right people, to help me further my pursuit.

First, a bit of a background.

Back in my teens, i used to have a lot of strange .. dreams i reckon, where i would fly to distant and beautiful lands. i would not look into astral projection/OBE/LD for another 15 odd years, or i might have recognized the accompanying symptoms for what they were, loud bangs/popping sounds, the sensation of falling and hitting the ground just before waking up,  becoming conscious in the dreams, hypnic jerks ..

as i moved beyond my teens, these gradually subsided. i remained busy with my studies and career, and while i would still sometimes recall with wonder, what i experienced back in the teens, there was never a serious attempt/pursuit on my part to really understand, re-visit or reenact any of it.

In the last couple of years, i started to have episodes of quite intense vibrations, randomly. not sure what these were, i searched the internet for terms as ridiculous as "shaking bed syndrome". i still thought of it as a phenomenon not from within, but outwith my body, as if an external agency was shaking the bed. i always strove/willed myself out of these vibrations, not sure these were benign or malign in nature.

a few months ago, i stumbled across AP and the discussion of vibrations, which was when the realization hit me of what these were. i concluded that if this phenomenon was seeking or indulging me, it was due on my part to reciprocate and at-least indulge in it equally to see if it goes anywhere.

I have only seriously started in the last couple of weeks with my own input and efforts, and this is where i am:

1) I try it everytime i go to bed, night and afternoons, when i get the chance.

2) the first goal was to be able to hit sleep paralysis consistently. i could still my body, but quieting the mind was a challenge. I was used to thinking about my projects and work when going to sleep, so it was not easy initially to tell my mind to forget about them completely.

What helped here was the ringing in the ears. Once i started focusing on tinnitus, this challenge was overcome. Now, within 10 minutes of hitting the bed, i can zone out of different threads of thought, focusing instead on a single thread which is auditory and not visual (tinnitus). my breathing slows down immensely. within 15 minutes, i can feel the on-set of paralysis.

3) I projected Tinnitus to be emanating from the station of the brow chakra/3rd eye, in effect establishing it as a side effect of chakra activity. in this way, i saw it serve two purposes. i could still focus exclusively on tinnitus to kill all other threads of thought, and stimulate my 3rd eye as being the vehicle that caused this sound.

over the past 10 days, i am starting to feel activity in my 3rd eye region. it feels as if the skin at that location is being stroked, pressed, being stretched. it has started to happen even in waking hours. as soon as i focus on it, i start feeling this movement. infact, just writing about it right now has started the same feeling of my 3rd eye region being stroked, touched, pressured.

4) in the last week, while in SP state, i have started feeling waves of heat traveling from head to toe, within. i don't know the exact intervals, but probably every few minutes. at the same time, my body seems to give off/radiate intense heat from time to time. A few times (just 4 or 5 i would think), i have had a split second feel of my conscious being dislocated from my physical location, but only for a split second.

5) at the same time, vibrations that i experience or feel now are very subtle, nowhere near as violent as the ones i felt sporadically a year or two ago. when i focus on them, i can detect their faint presence in SP state.

6) day before yesterday night, as i was lying in SP and waiting, i heard, clear as a bell, the voice of a child (female, it felt), telling me to "Standup". i literally stood up, to find out i was standing in my physical body, not in astral as i had imagined. the voice was a monotone, sounded like a command, was very clear. there was a popping sound right before i heard this voice, as i recall. nothing further happened.

I am still not able to separate. i can get to the point where i am in sleep paralysis, very quiet within with respect to thoughts. I continue to lie down, but see no further progress. i have alternated between lying down and relaxing further, and trying to "will" my way out of the body by simulating a rise, a roll, or just another location in the house, but have not seen any progress.

I am curious about the voice i heard, how i should have responded, how to progress further, and what mistakes i might be making. The fact that I am not able to separate is a bit frustrating, but i am by nature very patient, persevering and pressing once committed to  a cause. i have no plans to give up.

i have also already decided on what i want out of this experience if i am ultimately able to separate. there is no ambiguity on that front either.

Any and all help, advice will be very much appreciated. thanks for your time.

cheers.

Szaxx

Hi and welcome to the Pulse.
You have come to the right place. We are informative and have non of the falsity you can find on the net. Firstly a good read of the link will enlighten you on sleep paralysis.
It's concise and covers much.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html

Another link may provide insight into a method of reacting in favour of your previous experiences.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html

The voice asking you to stand up left you in the physical state of the same. Are you absolutely sure?
False awakenings occur and the difference can't be realised in many cases. It would be a good idea to switch on the light in the room. If it is a false awakening, it will not light.
More on this later.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

richter13

Hi Szaxx

Thanks for the very informative, and very useful links. i have not yet gone through every thing contained there, and will probably do several passes to make sure it is all absorbed.

thanks also for the welcome.  :-)

regarding the voice, i believe i was indeed physically up. as after the realization hit me, i stood there bewildered for some time at what happened, then made my way to the loo, turning on the light in the process.
i then ventured back to bed and sleep.

Szaxx

Yep thats physical.
On occasion I have sat up read the time and thought I'll start a phase session. A second later I'll be lying down and waking for real. Checking the time I then notice a different date being displayed. The previous one a few days into the future.
It was initially a false awakening, It had me convinced I was awake for real. The experiences I have had and it beat me shows there's always something new around the corner. Thats a lot of corners...
I'm glad the info is worth the read. 

The first link by Bedeekin is a brilliant piece of work. It saves weeks of internet searching and sifting. It does as it says in the title.

The second link is written in a compressed format, the idea is to re-read it and then if struggling just ask any questions. Initially it was far too long and I compressed its contents to give the basic idea.
I thought you'd appreciate the help we give here.

Lionheart

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-)

Szaxx has given you some excellent advice already. If I was going to add anything what he already said, it would be to read all of the helpful Stickies (threads in Large Bold Blue Letters) found on this Forum. Keep a good Journal on all of your hits and misses.

...and most importantly, allow what's going to happen happen and have fun!  :-)

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

richter13

Hi Lionheart

thanks for the warm welcome,

Szaxx indeed has provided with some excellent info and links. i was at work during the day, but am looking to start going through these tonight.

i will remember your advice.
thanks again !!

:)

richter13

Hi all

I have just had an experience half an hour ago, which has left me somewhat .. perplexed !

i went for a couple of hours nap at 1600 hours this afternoon.

At some point,I suddenly wokeup to realize i was experiencing the vibrations & a very high pitched whistle. i remained calm and allowed myself to experience this for some time. i then focused my attention to try and re-locate in the same position, to the the floor in the same room.

& then, it felt like i was actually re-locating/moving through the air, to the very spot i was focusing on. once i felt completely located there, i got up, quite elated if i might add. the first thing i remembered was the advice on this same page about turning on lights to be sure.

I turned on the lights, and felt shock and disappointment that they came on. i quickly tried one more test. i bit my finger, and felt pain !! so after-all, i was not projecting ..

suddenly, i was pulled back (upon feeling pain ?!?) .. and wokeup to find i was .. dreaming !! i looked at the clock, to see it was still a few minutes before the alarm was due to ring (18:08). i went to the window, looked out, and although it was different outside, i seemed not to be surprised.

suddenly, i felt i was waking up again ..
and woke up, to find my body in SP & mild vibrations, and the high pitched whistle slowly receding. i thought i would lie there, calm myself and try and get back into the experience, but already my mind was in overdrive trying to work out what had happened. i gave it 4 or 5 min, then wokeup proper and checked the clock. it was 18:13. about 4 or 5 minutes past the time i had seen in the watch in my dream, the very amount of time which should have since passed.

--

so, is it ..  i dreamed, that i dreamed, that i projected and separated ?!!

but upon checking, i could feel pain and turn on lights, i collapsed back from the 3rd to the 2nd instance .. and upon checking the clock, back to the actual/real self.

how/why could i feel pain if i was not awake..
and projecting within a dream within a dream ?

just a bit ... dumbfounded actually.

if there is any advice/comments anyone has, it would be greatly appreciated !!

cheers

Lionheart

It sounds like just another unexplainable Non Physical experience!  :-)

If it's purpose was to create curiosity in you and have you questioning it, it achieved it's goal!  :wink:

richter13

Thanks LionHeart,

I was unsure if there was an actual projection contained or hidden somewhere in that sequence, but i can sleep easy now knowing the scorecard still reads 0 on achieving that.
thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated !!

Lionheart

Quote from: richter13 on September 22, 2013, 19:22:16
I was unsure if there was an actual projection contained or hidden somewhere in that sequence, but i can sleep easy now knowing the scorecard still reads 0 on achieving that.
thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated !!
I think you read my statement wrong, richter. I was saying that you did have a non physical experience and you were consciously aware of it. So in turn, the scorecard should read "1".  :-)

Szaxx

Almost there, the idea is to KNOW that the lights will not light up. You have to test the thought manifestation thing. It's ok expecting things to be normal, they probably will be. So expect an erronous result. If you know things will do something unnatural they can't in the physical but may do so in the NP.

CFTraveler

The problem with false awakenings is that things sometimes work as expected when you're awake.  That's why I prefer giving a little hop to see if I can float, and if I can, I know I'm out.
Why?

Astralzombie

IMO, you are already a veteran of the astral, aka, non physical reality. All of the experiences you have described are indicative of someone who just is not sure of what is happening.

I think that if you decide to accept the reality of what is happening that you will start to see things much clearer.

It's a scary step to admit this to one's self. It's as if we will become instantly crazy for admitting such things as true. When the truth is that you will see things in such a clarity that you will kick yourself in the rear for not accepting things sooner.

You're, there/here. Welcome.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

richter13

Hi All

Apologies for the length of time it has taken me to acknowledge your replies - a very hectic week at work.

Before i reply to individual posts, i just wanted to thanks to you all collectively. being new, my expectations upon joining this forum were quite modest. but to see both the volume and the quality of replies, to see your willingness to help even when i have nothing to offer in return .. i can only offer my gratitude and say thanks!!

--

LionHeart, you are right, i misunderstood your reply
i sometimes mix up the acronyms, but ofcourse you meant Non Physical Reality when you said NPR. my bad!! thankyou

Szaxx, i will keep this pointer in mind for the next time.  
If i was able to recall in the first dream that szaxx advised me to check if lights do turn on, then it does mean i am taking a tangible kernel of waking memories, as well as effortless recollection of those memories, into my dreams. i should be able to do this again with this new pointer. or so i hope!

CFTtraveler, understood.
since the instance i described in my previous reply, i have had another such dream where i seemed to project in the dream, but it was too short. the next time though, i will try and fly or float, but make sure i do this from the ground floor window :)

AstralZombie, thanks for the very encouraging words!
what you have descried is quite probably the core of the issue. I will work on addressing this. suddenly, it appears as if, despite my keenness to progress further & quickly on this front, the only thing/one holding me back is none but my own self !!
thanks again.