Hi, and spinning OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry B

Nice!

It was interesting that you can bring the vibe by squezing your astral body. With me I just lay there trying to stay concious while going to sleep and the vibe will come on it's own (if it come, some time it don't and my body just get loose). If there was a vibe it's off the buzzing type. Maybe the same with what you describe as the purring kind.

You seeing the proeller must be related to what come to your mind when having the propeller type vibe.

Being stuck in some part of my body is something that I've experience too for some time. Usually my astral arm and limb will float and and I get stuck in some part, usually my torso. One time it is on the top of my head. I don't know why this happen but maybe it's related to chakra or energetic stuff. Luckily today it doesn't happen anymore (when I start relaxing or just bathing in the pleasant sensation of the buzzing gentle vibe). It seems my whole body float on it's own without any work on my part.

Regarding the spinning, I guess it's because you're stuck on the mid section. Maybe practising NEW will help. However I don't know much about the energetic aspect and other might help on this.

Trace

Terry B,

Thank you for your thoughts - it is comforting to hear somebody else was stuck in the torso region.  If anybody was in the astral watching, I'm the pinwheel out there!  [:O]

Did you do anything to get unstuck?  Or did it just go away on its own?

What is 'NEW"?  I've not come across that.  Please let me know where I can find it.

Terry B

Trace,

I'm not really sure how it got away. Maybe on it's own, maybe not. However what I seem to do differently now is that when I get the vibration, I just relax and bath in it. I don't put any effort on getting out, or unstucking myself. I was experimenting with the buzzing, I want to see what will happen if I just stay there. I found out that if I just let it happen, my body will float on it own accord, without my interference.

Being stuck could be mental. Before this, I have use some trick to get out such as when my astral body was near the edge of the bed, I use my fear of falling from the bed to get out. As soon as I ponder on the possibilities of falling, my astral body fall from the bed like I was some sort of liquid. Alternatively, you could try using fear of crashing into the ceiling..., you get the idea.

If you feel adventourous, try asking for help. Something interesting might happen. I did this and I must admit that I was very startled by what happen next. Two invisible hand come and pull me out. I was shocked and freak a little. The hand did try to pull me out a few time, in some projection after that. I did get all the way one time and met someone. When I ask him who he is, he said he's a "friend". I ask again what friend, he said "travelling". I get to ask him some more question after that. I'm not really sure what really happen but I'm willing to learn more about this.

NEW (New Energy Way) is an exercise for developing energy body. You can go to the main site at http://www.astralpulse.com and check the download section. There are online version and downloadable version available for free. It's also in Robert Bruce book "Astral Dynamic". The one in astral dynamic is more geared for astral projection while the online version is more general.

HTH.

Trace

Terry B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post so much useful stuff.  I feel that you are correct about the vibes, I need to just relax and bathe in it.  I become so eager to get out, I'm probably rushing it.

I'm buying Robert Bruce's book today.  I studied his work years ago when he was doing "rescues."  At the time, I think it was on the Monroe Institute forum, he was unable to OBE so he had settled into doing rescues.  His work has obviously shifted.

Thank you again...you have helped this traveler.

Terry B

HI Trace,

Glad that my limited experience is helpful to you.

Actually the Bruce in Monroe Institute you're talking about might be Bruce Moen. His work deals more with focused attention and retrieval stuff while Robert Bruce use more traditional OBE approach. Both have their advantage, I suppose.

Robert Bruce, Bruce Moen, Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce Banner (this one sees astral form in broad daylight when green), and it get pretty confusing at time. Maybe changing our name to something with Robert or Bruce could help with projection experience. [;)]

Trace

Good Morning Terry B.

You are SO correct!  It was Bruce Moen!  How embarressing...[:O]

Thank you for clarifying that.

Greytraveller

A classic Partial Projection !
Trace - you are very close to having the full out of body. Just keep trying. Stay calm when trying to separate. You will get out soon. Good luck.

Trace

Greytraveller,

My, your words are encouraging.  Thank you.  Ever since I had this pinwheel experience, I've not even had the vibes but once or twice.  And even then, they were pretty limp.  But I practice every day, no matter what.

I'm studying Robert Bruce's tutorial on the NEW system, and eager to add energy raising to my practice.  I also just received notification that his "Astral Dynamics" book has shipped and is on its way to me.

Have you read his self-defense book?  If so, what did you think?

Greytraveller

Unfortunately that book is one of many books I have yet to read. My 'to read' booklist is quite lengthy.
Just to note that improvement 'on the road' to the first out of body experince is not necessarily a linear path. You may feel stagnant for a time and then, just overnight, achieve a significant breakthrough. Or, of course, have that full blown OBE.
Good Luck. [:)]

Trace

Hi

I've been lurking for a while, grateful for the many wise and useful posts on this forum.  I had an experience today that is pushing me to finally take the plunge and create a post.

I'm hoping somebody will take an interest in my experience and shed some light on how I can progress.

First, a little background:  I am interested in becoming consistent and proficient in OBEs.  I have an eclectic approach, drawing from disciplines I've studied over the years.  I mostly use Monroe CDs to anchor focus states.  I've gotten pretty good at quickly getting into F10 & F12 on my own, though I suspect I need to go deeper into the trance.  I suspect this because I usually have my best results after slightly emerging from being unaware ("asleep").  When I regain conscious awareness, I evoke the vibes, usually (but not always) by 'squeezing' my astral body.  That is typically where my experience finds its limit.  I'm working my way through Bruce's Treatise, and just this evening read about the ribbon.  I am excited to use it, as I was having difficulty with his previous method of moving my awareness in front of me.

So today, after going into the trance state for a while, then going unconscious, I regained conscious awareness and felt like I was loose but within my physical body.  I squeezed and immediately the vibes came on full body.  They were different this time; instead of the usual 'purring' vibes, they felt and sounded like a single engine propeller plane.  I even 'saw' the propeller before me (physical eyes closed).  After trying several methods of getting out, unsuccessfully, I reached out with my left arm and it immediately went out.  I remained calm.  I got my top half out from the torso up.  I ended up spinning around, attached to the physical at my midsection.  I did not become dizzy, though it was a bit disorienting.  The experience was also energizing to a great degree.

I would be grateful for your thoughts on this experience and how I can progress.