How did your guide come to you?

Previous topic - Next topic

Amorda

I am curious to know. How did your guide come to you? Through meditation? Or a projection session?

mr_coffee

I haven't tried to ask for a guide yet, but next OBE i'm simply going to ask for assistance.  I heard this is the only request you need to get a guide to find you (they claim you are always being watched) but they don't interfere unless you ask or they can tell you need help. 
"Reality is relative to the vibrational density of the observer."
http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
http://technonug.deviantart.com/

Xanth

I'm more of the Tom Campbell viewpoint...
I don't believe entities are just hanging out non-stop for you... waiting for you to notice them to guide you or anything like that.

When you need help, you ask, and the system (internal or external, it doesn't matter) gives you that help in whatever form you "need" (not want).

This "help" is usually labeled by some as "guides".

ChopstickFox

My guide came to me when I was young, and I didn't even realize he was a guide for a long time. Well, I didn't know what to call him. Saying it out loud makes me sound crazy... but... oh well.

I hated elementary school, I was a slow learner, and even the teachers told me I would never amount to anything. That can really mess up a kid. I reached a low point that no kids should ever feel and it was then that one of my imaginary friends started taking on a personality of his own. He was a kind of voice of reason so to say. I knew he was different. I trusted him. And I noticed that he didn't fade away like my other imaginary friends. I started thinking of him as my guardian angel. Eventually I interpreted him as a guide. He's always there when I need him.

Sounds weird spoken out loud :/ But its really not. One thing that is interesting is that sometimes in dreams our positions are reversed. I have been his teacher and guide for him as well. Makes the little gears in my head turn, for sure. Another way of teaching? :)

I know that this is kind of a strange take on it... and not at all typical. But to hell with typical... >_>
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

mr_coffee

Thats super interesting chopstick, is he still around and when you saw him as a child, what did he look like? or was it a feeling that someone was near you and you would hear him?  Give as much detail as possible about how you would communicate.  I've always heard about this but never met someone who had this occur.
"Reality is relative to the vibrational density of the observer."
http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
http://technonug.deviantart.com/

ChopstickFox

I would love to. I say that as I start to get all sorts of nervous feelings of sharing. But in honor or my experience last night that gave me the message to not be ashamed or embarrassed, I'll do it.

When I first met him, he was a hawk. I would think that I was the one to give him the form. He is always there when I need him. And even when I think I don't. Speaking to him (in my mind, no I don't start talking to invisible birds), it is much as if I am speaking to myself, but on a deeper level. It is my voice, but I'm not actively thinking of what to say. So its more of a tuning in.

For instance, years ago in like middle school or high school, I forget, I told him that I felt bad for asking him for help all the time. That I was bothering him. He laughed and said something along the lines that... oh... how did he put it... Time was relevant to me because I perceived it within the constraints of the physical. There are other ways to perceive reality. Went right over my head at the time, but it makes me giggle now. Sometimes it's so hard to put into words.

Now that I'm older, when I come across him in dreams and experiences, I recognize him right away, though if I'm not lucid I might not until I wake up. A lot of the time he is a young boy and in each experience there is a significant lesson to learn.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Everlasting

Projection session in the rtz, the guide appeared as an old woman.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

Volgerle

I have several as it seems. Mostly I got to know them because they give me a hand to exit my body when I asked for it and I only see them when I wanted or asked to see them.

One is "Whisper Lady", she also gave me a name recently. I call her WL because I can hear her soft and nice voice in my ear / brain to me when I am in the state of exit blindness. By this I mean that I "really hear" her and do not get telepathic messages. I also see her sometimes of course. She is there most often and it seems she promised to help me with some tasks I set to myself now.

Another girl seems a bit more 'ET' to me although she looks human. I also have her name. She once showed me the "Human Contact Zone". I now believe it is an observation or meeting point of ETs and humans (in the astral?). There are other indications of extraterrestial origin.

One funny looking guide is a sturdy blue-skinned monk. He could doublicate himself while we were flying hand in hand over the city, one of him to my right and one of him to my left side, with the dublicate looking a bit paler than the original. That was awesome, I should ask him to teach me this.
When I asked him then why he has blue skin he replied with an analogy about hormones and women's breasts. I think he meant sth along the lines of development and personal evolution / growing up.

astralnaut1

Quote from: Xanth on March 08, 2013, 22:46:04
I'm more of the Tom Campbell viewpoint...
I don't believe entities are just hanging out non-stop for you... waiting for you to notice them to guide you or anything like that.

When you need help, you ask, and the system (internal or external, it doesn't matter) gives you that help in whatever form you "need" (not want).

This "help" is usually labeled by some as "guides".

that makes sense. Those so called guides appear like in videos games  :-)

EDIT: Interesting imaginary friend ChopstickFox you got there. I am person of imagination too even when i am 20 years now. Once during hard times one mental picture popped in my head ... it was a cyborg with a hood and i called him hoodie. i painted few pictures of him. This entity inspires me to fight against difficult things, he possess bravery, cold thinking and brutal physical strength ... once i saw him in one of my dream. He tried to save me from danger. sometimes i imagine that i am hoodie and i slaying demons hehehe :-) I will upload few pictures of him  :-)

EDIT 2: here is hoodie  :-)

mental layer by layer combat sux

Chaki

I haven't "met" my guide, at least as far as I remember, although I've intended to many times. I first noticed his presence when I was driving into work one day, feeling terrible about the previous night when I did something stupid and dangerous, but came out unscathed. I was drinking too much at the time and on that drive into work I had the strong feeling that someone or something was watching out for me, and had been my whole life. At that moment I got strong tingles up my spine and they spread to my whole body and lasted for a while. That's how my guide makes his presence known, and it happens all the time now.

That experience led me to take some a long time off of drinking until I felt I could do it more responsibly and in moderation, and I think the break was good for me. Who knows, if it weren't for that drive into work that morning, I might be dead?

Anyway, that's my interpretation of it all. I wanted badly to meet him and remember it, have a conversation, but I realize now it really doesn't matter. If I need to, I will in due time.

Still not sure whether he's part of my higher self or something separate from me...or if there's even a difference...so many questions.

Astralzombie

Mine first appeared to me as a female angel in the biblical sense. After my beliefs changed, so did it's appearance. Now, it's a very masculine, humpty-dumpty, looking thing called Sarak. The first time he appeared to me in this form, I took notice, but did not bring it up at first to him. I had no problem recognizing him because of his "energy". He had a bald head on top with tufts of reddish brown hair on both sides. His chrome dome is lightly freckled and he has a Gorbachev on it. It's rather large, actually. I wonder how anybody could be more comfortable in this form but he is. I always refer to him as a troll but he's not. I have seen his female companion and she is quite beautiful even though she is a reflection of him in most ways. Disturbing.

I always get upset and take it out on him in a grumpy sort of way. He is not a dwarf from Snow White. I have explored that angle to be sure. He's perfect because he has a grandpa attitude and never let's it bother him. He knows that it bothers me and tends to milk that for all it's worth but it's only about growing up-Says the guy talking about NP beings in la-la land.

Sarak was the first being that I finally believed existed objectively in spite of me in the NPR. He would still exist even if I never had.

Talking about the existence of guides is not easy to do for a modern human at first. It's the last thing I imagine I would tell a skeptical mind about.

I have two more but I have not seen them in years. I tend to believe that they were my own projections though because they were in a completely human form and wouldn't talk or address me unless I gave them the attention to "energize" them. At least, that's how I always viewed it. But ironically, they never told me anything I expected or even wanted to hear, so who knows.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

I have a recurring archetypal character who turns up now and then... but I have never been aware of 'another' with me. But then again I had never thought of looking for a guide or felt that I needed one.

Astralzombie

It wasn't until I pestered an old man with too many questions, that he pointed my guide out. He did say that it was following me though. I don't take this to mean that literally but I think a consciousness that evolved can easily handle multiple situations at once with clarity. That is to say that they can "track" us and be aware of us bot not stalking us.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

fuzzywuzzy

I floated out of my body and everything was black. I turned around and there were 4 beings. One was closer to me, another one was further back but very visible and two more were even further back and I couldn't make them out. The one closest to me told me that they are always with me and I am never alone. I didn't really have time to say or do anything. I was catapulted backwards and the feeling of going so fast (like on a rollercoaster) was too much for me that I ended up going back to my body. I guess those were my guides.
If you see someone in the astral riding around in a red bumper car, it's probably me.

ChopstickFox

Once I asked my guide if we were one in the same. He didn't tell me anything, just smiled.