I certainly did something, even if weird

Previous topic - Next topic

Nagual

Sounds really cool!  [:)]

But the fact that you talked to your physical self would lead me to think that it was not really your physical self...  How was he?  What were your feelings for him?  When you woke up; was your body in the same position it was before the experience?  or was it in the same position it was when you were talking to you?  Was he wearing the same clothes as you do?  Did he move the cover sheets of the bed?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Ceriel N

Taking a shower I remembered that once, years ago, my parents told me that one evening they had woken me up and that I had been acting normally (talked, changed clothes...), but I didn't remember any of it. I could have been I was hovering in my astral body then, which is why I didn't remember any of what they said I had been up to.
A similar thing could be the explanation of this.

My feelings... For myself... -It was me. *Shrug* Just me. =)

I remember that my body was lying down again as if going back to sleep as I was flying out the window, so I really can't say what happened. Judgeing from what my cloudy mind told me as I was getting up, it is very possible.
Clothes, the same. I also currently have a hair style that sticks with me throughout the night and both my astral body and my physical one had it.
My sheets are almost always all over the place when I wake up. [:I]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Jeff_Mash

I would say one of the two possibilities could have happened:

1) You're astral body was REALLY talking to your physical self, but your physical self doesn't remember.  Mainly, I'm thinking about the time Robert Bruce projected and was both consciously "awake" in both bodies.

2) You were talking to another facet of your consciousness.  Since we are all multi-dimensional beings, is it any surprise that we can exist on a multiple of levels?  All of us have "conversations with ourselves" everyday in our heads.  Only in the astral, its possible to actually HAVE that conversation with that part of yourself.

Remember, just because things are not what they seem when you project doesn't automatically make the experience an LD, or something "not real."  The way I classify a true AP or OBE is that if I'm AWARE that my consciousness is away from my physical body, meaning that I KNOW I am separate and that somewhere "back there", my body is laying down, then I'm having an OBE/AP, regardless of how strange and backwards the environment seems.

You also have to keep in mind that you aren't SEEING so much as you are PERCEIVING.  You may percieve the energy of a being and your mind will translate that being into looking a certain way.

This is true for many things.  You may project into the RTZ and see a pile of garbage on the floor, only to return to your body and find the garbage is actually a jacket.  Why did you see garbage then?  Simply because at the time, you picked up on the energy and perceived it to be a pile of garbage, because your mind automatically associated it with garbage.

This is why I usually suggest people don't use drugs to get OBE, because it affects your body which affects your mind which you bring with you on your astral journey.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Ceriel N

Astral, if I've understood it correctly, is the emotional body. Me centering my counciousness in that might have left my physical and mental behind...
Hehe.
I'm going to try to repeat the experiment to gain further insight. Right now I'm only going to claim that I had a conversation with myself without speculating on how that was possible, as all I can do is guess.

Thank you for the additional perspectives. It really does help me a great deal. =)

It really is strange how this experience has woken up old memories of what I have assumed were dreams. It certainly will be interesting to see what other things I can unveil. [:)]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

jc84corvette

JustLikeThePill

i think you were your astral body, and your physical body you were talking to was just your subconcious.

Ceriel N

Now that I come to think of that talking with my physical self would mean I did a real-time AP, I have to agree with you.

Wonder if I can re-create the situation another time...?
- Henry James

vgchesskid

Since astral projection and lucid reams are still debated whether or not they are the same thing, I'd say you were talking to an improvised character of your subconscious, and weren't even looking at the physical world at all.Things similar to that occur often in my dreams.

Ceriel N

How exhilarating,
I can't tell if it was a lucid dream or what, but it certainly was an experience. =)
My parents get up early to go work and I'm on Fall leave from Collage, and naturally they make enough noise to wake me up. Consciousness returning just enough for me, I decided to try and AP, and with details that I'm quickly forgetting (Need to work on that.) I sat up, with many the symptoms I've read about, and did. =D
I found myself in the middle of my dark room, wondering if I really had done it. To make sure, I checked my bed to see if I was still lying there. It was too dark for me to see, so got closer (Big mistake.) and got sucked right back in. I have a memory of touching the top of my head and feel it pulsating. Fighting spirit, I did it again, with ease, and looked back... This is when the odd stuff started. I'm not sure if it really was an AP or lucid dream.
I knelt down next to the foot of my bed and could see a reflection of myself in it. It was as if I was glowing red from inside. IIRC my eyes were yellow, glowing. (They're brown I 'R' L.) I thought "weird" but "cool". Then I stood up and went to check on myself, and hurrah! There I was! Face down against the bed! Tempting fate and risking getting sucked back in I touch my physical hand with my astral one. And what do you know, my physical body pushes itself off from the bed, looks at me, and says "Please turn the other way." O.o
I did turn the other way... Taking a few steps away from myself. (Noting that I looked normal.)

While trying to fly I notice that my physical body is tossing about on my bed and I have a conversation with "me", referring to me as "you", which was a strange experience in itself. The details of the conversation I have forgotten (Writing this as quickly as I could get the machine to boot.), but I think it was mostly small-talk. My physical self giving sarcastic comments about my failures at flying.

Finally, I think of an eagle, flapping my arms like any other fool, and what do you know! I'm flying! "Told you so." I tell my physical body and fly out the window.
Outside I see no sun, but the sky is clear. I doubt myself and stall in the air. Thinking of the eagle again I make it to the rooftop. But I'm tired, and wake up in my physical body. "Was it real?" going through my mind.

What do you think? Conversation with my physical self was more than a bit odd, or...?

The night/evening before I had spent a very long time 'charging up', and managed to get to a point where I was completely paralysed, felt a tingling all over my body and the shakes began.
- Henry James