i don't know how to name this topic...

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewof1989

I'm at home, thinking about the McDonalds down the street.
Am I at home or am I at the Mcdonalds down the street?
Is it that simple?

Xanth

You're physically at home... and mentally focused upon the McDonalds down the street.
It's THAT simple.  :)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking this for though. LoL

matthewof1989

i guess it does sound a bit silly, i'm just trying to figure all this out. i have a hard time figuring out what's my imagination. i read all these experiences of other people and the way they describe it, it seems so real to them and they have no doubts. to me its all cloudy and even though i'm seeing things that seem strange, i feel it could be things ive seen before in a movie or something and forgot about you know? i wish i could put my thoughts and questions in to words, i FEEL the questions i want to ask but cant articulate them properly. it's really very fustrating.

matthewof1989

dotster

Everything is ultimately made up of the same thing, whether you look at macro-physics or micro-physics makes no difference, the signs all seem to point to singularity. The reason you view this reality as sold is because your eyes do not have the capability to see on a subatomic level without equipment, the same way we cannot see infrared and x-rays without equipment. Also in this classical world everything around you is made up of atoms and if you remember from high school chemistry the outermost part of an atom is the electron cloud. Electrons are negatively charged particles and like charges repel each other so when you are typing on your computer, you never really touch it, it's just the electrons in your fingers repelling against the electrons of the keys, and this gives us a sense of duality, or separation. That's our sense of touch in a nutshell. If you were to scale a proton up to the size of a basketball, the nearest orbiting electron would be about 20 miles away, everything in between is space. So in answer to your question you are in both places because really you are in all places, you are just observing from one place. I feel like it is much easier to phase when you keep this in mind. You are not leaving your body, you are just expanding your awareness to the rest of you, which is everything.

(Just in case it helps someone else ;) )
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.