I had an astral projection after doing this

Previous topic - Next topic

superman

I didn't remember any of my dream in few weeks and yesterday I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW9FPVmZK3I

I had a projection and very weird dreams :D
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

baro-san

Seth's concept of "True Dreams from the Gates of Horn,"

excerpts of Seth ESP Classes

There is something that I would like you to do. During the week, before you sleep, tell yourself, if you want to, that you will have a true dream that will come from the Gates of Horn. Now that is an ancient suggestion given by the Egyptians. The Gates of Horn.

I do not want to tell you what it means yet, simply to ask you to give yourselves the suggestion – those of you who want to – a true dream that will help harmonize the portions of your being. Now that is part of the suggestion. Ask for a true dream that comes from the Gates of Horn, that will help harmonize the portions of your being.

Now such dreams will help you recognize some of your beliefs and will charge your being with energy. The class is quickening. I am giving you assignments. Some of you will follow them, and some will not. But the means will be here for those of you to follow who want to badly enough – I should say, goodly enough – but those of you who are willing to take the time and the energy, those assignments that you have not as yet discussed in class are important.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

EscapeVelocity

I vaguely remember this reference. I read through much of the Seth Material some 40 years ago; very good but very heady, difficult, intellectual stuff.

Did either of you guys find anything of value in declaring this "intention"? And what may have resulted?

I will admit that I suffer the same weakness as many do, and a desire for a quick answer, a bit of a short-cut to the truth, wherever it may be found.

The simple truth is that it requires work...and a lot of that. That is what I have found.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

superman

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 02, 2018, 10:57:37
I vaguely remember this reference. I read through much of the Seth Material some 40 years ago; very good but very heady, difficult, intellectual stuff.

Did either of you guys find anything of value in declaring this "intention"? And what may have resulted?

I will admit that I suffer the same weakness as many do, and a desire for a quick answer, a bit of a short-cut to the truth, wherever it may be found.

The simple truth is that it requires work...and a lot of that. That is what I have found.

I just said the affirmation to myself maybe 2-3 times before sleep and thats all. I didn't really believed it nor disbelieved... I said it with the I dont care attitude. And it just happenned. But Seth is someone I read for years so he has great power of influence over me :D Its someone I trust very much.
You are in physical dimension to learn and understand that your thoughts and emotions causes all experience.

Sammie

I said those words this morning, and heard a beep like a machine started inside my head... very weird...

Nameless

I've keep coming across references to Seth but so far haven't really taken an in depth look at any of the material. However I am interested in where this goes so will try it.

Sammie, nice to hear someone else mention machine noises inside their head. This is not something I've experienced often but a time or two I've heard such beeps or 'noises'.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

baro-san

Quote from: Nameless on June 05, 2018, 00:40:51
I've keep coming across references to Seth but so far haven't really taken an in depth look at any of the material. However I am interested in where this goes so will try it.

Sammie, nice to hear someone else mention machine noises inside their head. This is not something I've experienced often but a time or two I've heard such beeps or 'noises'.

This is a free pdf version of Jane Roberts' "Seth - Quotes and exercises". It is 249 pages, and includes quotes from all /most Seth books.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

octave

Quote from: Nameless on June 05, 2018, 00:40:51
I've keep coming across references to Seth but so far haven't really taken an in depth look at any of the material.

All the Seth books are great but The Nature of Personal Reality is the one I'd pick if I had to choose one to recommend.

If you're interested, the current of the Seth teachings have been continued and expanded by another channel. I know, I know... channelers are a dime a dozen and many of them are suspect for various reasons but ask anyone who has studied the Seth material for a long time where to find the best contemporary material and they will point you here:

http://www.eliasweb.org

Plus there's some handy digests here:

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests.html

All the material is free.

Nameless

Thanks for the links yall. I'll check those out.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Windwalker.

Quote from: octave on June 05, 2018, 05:13:07
All the Seth books are great but The Nature of Personal Reality is the one I'd pick if I had to choose one to recommend.

If you're interested, the current of the Seth teachings have been continued and expanded by another channel. I know, I know... channelers are a dime a dozen and many of them are suspect for various reasons but ask anyone who has studied the Seth material for a long time where to find the best contemporary material and they will point you here:

http://www.eliasweb.org

Plus there's some handy digests here:

http://www.eliasforum.org/digests.html

All the material is free.

I would recommend the seth material over elias any day. Theres enough material for years of studying without bringing another channel in. Just my opinion.

octave

Quote from: WindwalkerI would recommend the seth material over elias any day. Theres enough material for years of studying without bringing another channel in. Just my opinion.

I agree with you in some ways. Seth is so much more accessible than Elias, his words are felt deeply and are often very poetic. He creates resonances which have great effect on the reader and change them fundamentally.

Elias is, by contrast, somewhat cold and mechanical. His wording is so maddeningly precise it's initially painful to read. The benefit of this, however, is that he communicates with the minimum of distortion. While Seth can often paint in broad strokes ("You get what you concentrate upon"), Elias breaks down what this actually means (concentration is not thought; concentration is attention and is based in our beliefs). It's possible to study Seth for years and hold many misinterpretations - that is why Elias is so valuable to me.

Nameless

baro-san I asked for a true dream from the Gates of Horn. I can't even begin to describe what I saw but now that I have I also know I have had others before without knowing. Phenomenal exp that is going to take a while to process.

BranStark

Any possible reason to be worried or concerned about doing this? Gates of Horn? Sounds like an oddly specific formulation. Probably a construct of someone, right? What was that person's intent? Good or bad? If there are indeed such great results, could there be any "adverse" effects?

Could it also be that the phrase doesn't matter at all and things happen only because you expect them to after you use the phrase?

Volgerle

Quote from: BranStark on August 22, 2018, 09:21:54
Any possible reason to be worried or concerned about doing this? Gates of Horn? Sounds like an oddly specific formulation. Probably a construct of someone, right? What was that person's intent? Good or bad? If there are indeed such great results, could there be any "adverse" effects?

Could it also be that the phrase doesn't matter at all and things happen only because you expect them to after you use the phrase?
It's based on Greek mythology (Odysee). Dreams of the Gates of Horn are 'true' dreams and of Ivory are not true it says.

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on August 22, 2018, 17:27:20
It's based on Greek mythology (Odysee). Dreams of the Gates of Horn are 'true' dreams and of Ivory are not true it says.
"True" and "not true" dreams?  What do they define as the difference? 
Sounds like a worse argument than the OBE community has over the different projection labels (obe, ld, ap, etc...).  LoL

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on August 23, 2018, 15:55:09
"True" and "not true" dreams?  What do they define as the difference? 
Sounds like a worse argument than the OBE community has over the different projection labels (obe, ld, ap, etc...).  LoL
Don't know exactly what it meant in detail because I had just read it superficially.

I am not a fan of Wiki but this description seems fitting anyway, so I quote it here:

"The gates of horn and ivory are a literary image used to distinguish true dreams (corresponding to factual occurrences) from false. The phrase originated in the Greek language, in which the word for "horn" is similar to that for "fulfil" and the word for "ivory" is similar to that for "deceive". On the basis of that play on words, true dreams are spoken of as coming through the gates of horn, false dreams as coming through those of ivory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gates_of_horn_and_ivory

8-)

Xanth

HAHA!  That's awesome.  Thanks!  :)

For some stupid reason, I didn't even think of doing the Google!  LOL