I Might Have Had My First OBE!

Previous topic - Next topic

APGuy

After doing some reading I would have to say that the hypnagogic imagery was more like an astral screen, my first experience with this effect.  Next time I'll try going into screen and then perhaps I'll have an astral projection!  However I would probably prefer to be OOB in my house for awhile before I go to the astral, does trying to go into the screen make you go into the astral counterpart of the screen or would you be able to just OBE into your house through it?  If not then was what I was doing the right way to go into a an OBE through it?  Also please give any comments on my experience.[:D]

SeventhVirgo

Congrats, you're getting there! [:D] I'm happy for you... because I haven't AP'ed myself... but gotten pretty close...

APGuy

Thank you!  To give you some advice, make sure your eyes are relaxed and not darting around randomly.  I believe that somebody mentioned putting a hot cloth on your eyes to help them relax.  Also you don't really have to do it from an awake state, you can catch yourself as your waking up and start relaxing again (the mind and body has an easier time relaxing when it has just been relaxed shortly before) or you could induce an OBE through a lucid dream... (note to self: remember to induce OBE in next lucid dream![xx(])

dkj400

quote:
note to self: remember to induce OBE in next lucid dream!

Yeah, you just completely forget about everything. It doesn't help much when your surrounded be Anime babes [;)]

APGuy

quote:
Originally posted by dkj400

quote:
note to self: remember to induce OBE in next lucid dream!

Yeah, you just completely forget about everything. It doesn't help much when your surrounded be Anime babes [;)]

[:P]Actually I don't do that sort of thing in my lucid dreams, however every guy I know who has them does.  I probably couldn't even if I wanted to, I've had seven lucid dreams since I've started trying(even though I've only been trying since the ending of January or the beginning of this month) and just last night had my first vivid one (which was interupted by my dad) and still my control is really low.  I tried to get a samurai sword and instead got a dagger with a one inch long blade (you heard me) and several demons to fight with it.  I tried again and I got an ice pick, which I tried to manually mutate into a samurai sword and by the time I woke up it was still a blunt double-edged sword.

APGuy

This happened last night.  After doing some jogging I took a rest and went to bed.  After about three and a half hours I woke up (this was about 4:23 now.)  I did a reality check to be sure that this wasn't a false awakening and then decided to try and OBE.  I relaxed and believe it went something like this: Firstly I counted my deep breaths up to one hundred.  Secondly I started visualizing going down flights of stairs.  Thirdly I then started to get this hypnagogic imagery but instead of passively observing it I focused on it and my third eye.  Then I got the "highest pitch" of vibrations I've ever experienced!  After that I emptied my mind of thoughts and just focused on the vibes.  Finally it seemed I was out but I almost think that I was in fact just dreaming.  I was suddenly sitting up in bed and at the end of the bed was a dark figure that reminded me of a character in a video game I was playing that night at a cousin's house.  I then believe I tried to go back into my body so I could go tell my dad.  I got up and my dad was in the kitchen.  I told him about the figure and when I went back to my bedroom it was there again but looked like a samurai from that game now.  I'm almost sure that I did a reality check (in case I was dreaming) then and I thought that it was the afternoon because the clock said 4-something but now it was light out.
So I think that most of this was a dream how about you?  It didn't seem very "awake."  I think that the first part may have been OOB but when I tried to go back into my body, after that point I'm pretty sure it was a dream.  At the very least I'm closer to OBEing because up to and including the part with the vibrations I'm pretty much sure I was awake.  So any comments?  Oh and just F.Y.I. I jogged for about fourty-four minutes then took a break for about five minutes because a nut came loose on the machine and then jogged for another sixteen minutes.  I then rested for about 2 hours before going to bed.  As far as the imagery goes it seemed to be of some odd ritual but I wouldn't know anything about that kind of stuff.  I focused on the one person in there to lock on the image.  Oh and once I had an odd experience with what seemed to be a neg pulling me OOB from the end of my bed (it stopped before any actual OBE and happened during meditation where I heard howls and kind of taunted it saying, "I bet you're not powerful enough to pull me out of my body![:P]) but my bed has been moved since then.