I think I had an OBE or Astral projection, I nolonger Questi

Previous topic - Next topic

General-Army

I always believed in astral projection and OBEs, but I always thought there was a possibility that they were just Lucid Dreams, not any more after today. When I first came here I generaly used the General Metaphysics forum because I never thought i would expierience any of what everyone else was talking about in the OBE and AP forums, although i did read through alot of topics. After todays expierience, I have a new outlook on all of this.

This morning when I got home from my first class in college i laid down on the couch to get maybe an hour nap, i was feeling very tired because i was alittle sick. I fell asleep almost right away. I woke up because the cat was running around the house, but then i noticed that i couldnt feel a thing on my body. It was hard to open my eyes and i heard children all over the house. I lifted my arm a bit because i thought about moving my astral arms. I think i heard my sister or some group of kids laughing and running all over, but i didnt really care. I thought that i just slept on my arms wrong because it felt like when your arm goes numb from sleeping on it when you cant feel it or move it. Both of my arms were like that and i just thought that i slept on them wrong...  Shortly after that i relized it was hard to open my eyes. The first thing i though was Sleep paralisis. Then as soon as i thought that i remembered thinking back to this website, when someone made that chart of how close you are to an obe and i remembered Sleep paralisis as being the final step. So i thought of one of the methods of pulling myself out, i pictured the ceiling at first and i created the feelings of floating up out of my body, as i was doing this i felt a huge amount of energy in my stomach, i felt myself float up a tiny bit, but then i heard some guy say "Come on" and i also heard what i think was a Raven or a Crow, i stopped doing that, but i was still paralyzed and still heard all these people around the house, people laughing, but it was the laughter of fun. Then i thought i think of the kitchen to try to pull myself out since it was to the side of me, it worked twice, the first time i kept on flying into the stove and found myself back in my body, but still relaxed and paralyzed. The second time it happened i was floating into the stove but yelled at myself "GAIN CONTROL" and i was still, i stopped flying and i looked down at arms saying, "whats the point of this if it lasts only 2 seconds?" and found myself back in my body. I turned around to check the time and my paralsis was gone, i tried to get it back but it was gone and that was the end. What did i hear when i heard all of the people in my house, after that i thought, my house must be a play ground or something. How do i get back the paralysis so i can maybe work on my obe and ap more now that i expierienced it once.

cube

You can enter paralysis by waking up early in the morning and falling asleep again. The best way I've found to lengthen a projection is to use deep breathing.

You can make a projection last pretty much forever as long as you continually deep breathe during it.

The method I use to get into paralysis and project is here:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=rhythm-napping

Once you get good at it you can enter paralysis without using timers to hover on the edge of sleep and have a projection every morning.

For anyone who's wondering, the chart he mentions was at:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14213

But the images didn't survive astral pulse's database upgrade but you can see them at:

http://www.saltcube.com/how-close
OBE Guide: www.saltcube.com/obe-guide/
Find APers near you: www.saltcube.com/nearMe
Bimonthly OBE Newsletter: www.saltcube.com/?t=newsletter

coral1

Hi General

Congratulations on your OBE! I`m glad to hear that all the time you spent on this site finally paid off.

Now that you know that it is possible it shouldn`t be too hard to do it again.I`d recommend trying to recreate the state that led to the original projection.  The first one is always the hardest, and it gets easier with practice. Have fun with it!

Happy Trails
coral1

LotusLegs

Good For you!  Keep it up; you're way ahead of me.  I haven't had an OBE yet.

ME NEXT ME NEXT!!!
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka