I was able to leave my body today

Previous topic - Next topic

calm

I read these forums and saw that there was a lot of discussion about leaving your body. I figured next time I had sleep paralysis I'd try it. I'd done it once before accidentally; I'd rolled out of bed trying to wake myself up, but I'd never considered trying to walk around. So I was taking a nap this afternoon, when I fell back asleep I was starting to get auditory hallucinations and knew I was going into paralysis. I had a list of things I wanted to try but I only remembered a couple of them at the time.
I was able to roll myself out of bed, the first thing I wanted to do was stand up and observe myself sleeping. It seemed to take some effort but I stood up and looked at my bed(I wasn't in it). Then I decided to walk out of my bedroom. Walking was a bit difficult but I walked all the way to my front door and stood there wondering if I should go outside. I didn't want to because I wasn't sure if it was real or not, and I didn't want to do something stupid like walk into the street and get hit by a car. Then I started to wake up.

One thing that I found interesting was my time perception seemed to be accurate. The last thing I heard right before slipping away was my phone vibrate from a text. At the time I wasn't sure the vibration sound was real. But as soon as I woke up my phone gave me a reminder vibration(which it does after 5 minutes) and the experience seemed to be about 5 minutes long as well.

Anyway, that was my experience. There were a lot more weird details but I wanted to keep it short. I'm glad there's a forum like this. I have a lot of cool stories as well as some really scary ones if you want to hear them. I also have some tips on getting yourself into paralysis. Let me know if you'd like to hear.

Summerlander

astraladdict

Feel free to share it all.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

NoY

Congratz on the OBE and welcome to the Pulse   8-)

:NoY:

Greytraveller

Greetings calm
Confusion and disorientation are common problems during an OBE. Even experienced projectors get confused from time to time. But inexperienced projectors are more prone to suffer from confusion. So this is really nothing to worry about. The confusion is usually nearly gone after several OBEs. It appears that there is a learning curve of sorts about getting used to being out of body. And after a few OBEs/APs the weirdness tails off. Odd happenings and weird things occurring could also be a result of distorted perceptions which, not surprisingly, mostly affect inexperienced OBEers.

Regards  8-)
Grey

bluremi

What are your tips for getting into paralysis?

Szaxx

Hi and welcome
Tell us all, I've never felt it ever.
Thamks
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

mels8780

bluremi

Guys he can't respond he's paralyzed.

angel_o_demonio

:-D  I DID IT!!  After 3 years of trying to control my OBEs I finally did it... I controlled it!  I wish I could tell everyone what an indescribable feeling I have right now... I kept going in and coming back out but instead of them scaring me all the time I said not anymore... I guess everyone chooses to (what can i say in here?)  climax when they have control lol.. that was hawt... not to mention the vision of the love of my life burned into my memory where he will stay until i find him :)  so much to say... i need time to chill and relax and stop crying and laughing every other minute!  whats the word i wanna use....?  its so much to take in and absorb at once.  I havent read anything here yet but no one in my life understands how important this is to me and i had to tell people who did.  thank you all for reading

Love Always
Heather
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? - Alice

Lionheart

Congratulations Heather, and many happy journey's to you. Once you overcome the fear then you get to experience the pleasure!

astraladdict

My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

angel_o_demonio

Thank you guys so much!  I hope your journeys are as wonderful as mine was... I hope to get better at it with time  :-)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? - Alice

grzazek

Szaxx

Well Done,
I guess getting back felt like a downer.
You did it and REMEMBERED, that's worth celebrating.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

angel_o_demonio

My sleep paralyses are much more intense when i wake up, but yeah i did remember quite a bit when i woke up from projecting.  i read that you should have a digital clock or watch next to you and to check it to see if the numbers change... i reached for my cell phone, i leave it next to my pillow, to check the time, but it wasnt there.  i kept moving my hand.. and then i heard it and looked up, not physically, but saw it on my desk and thought crap i cant reach it, but i know thats not true and that in the future i will someday be able to.  i saw my grandmother die in my "dream", she was in the fetal position.  i screamed.. i knew when i woke up that she doesnt have much time left, but during the dream sleep i went through all the stages of grief except for acceptance, because im still skeptical about me, just a regular girl, being able to predict something like that.... but at least it prepared me for the news.  thanks again for reading!  i dont wanna write it all at once lol

Love,
Angel o demonio..?  :wink:

calm

Thanks for the welcome, I never thought so many people would care to read about my(probably meaningless) dreams.

Btw, way to go Heather! A while back my older cousin told me he has sleep paralysis also. He told me to stop fearing it because I could turn it into a really great experience if I wanted to. I'm glad you were able to see the better side of it. Sleep paralysis can be a gift. Not everyone gets to experience it, let alone take advantage of it as you have.

Sleep paralysis can be scary. The first time I had it I thought I heard someone ransacking my home as I laid staring at the ceiling. Another time I heard someone losing control of their car. They drove through my wall, my wall collapsed and fell on top of me, pinning me to the mattress. I started to suffocate. I knew it was experiencing the final minutes of my life but I couldn't wake up and move. I was trying my hardest not to panic. One time I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like two hours. Another time it was someone knocking on my door screaming for help. Lots of negative stuff.

So my cousin told me to make the best of it. The next time paralysis was kicking in I remembered to lose the fear, I was starting to slip away, I was like "yea I got this under control" then all of the sudden BANG!!! Sounded like a gunshot went off in my bedroom. Scared the hell out of me. It showed me that hallucinations can be quite unpredictable no matter how confident in yourself you may be.

As for decent experiences, I was once paralyzed, looking to the side, I saw this blonde girl standing in my doorway looking at me. She was dressed in really bright white clothes. She looked like an angel. Even though she was inside my home, her clothes were waving like she was standing in a strong wind. I wanted to tell her to go away but I couldn't. I eventually accepted that she wouldn't leave, and I knew she wouldn't cause too much harm. I kinda wish she said something but she said nothing.

Anyway, here's how I usually go into paralysis: Wake yourself when you're very tired and probably need only an hour or so more of sleep. Go back to sleep face down, hugging your pillow(usually works for me, I can't say the same for everyone). I'm sure there are better techniques out there but that's my two cents.

If you need to wake yourself up: Shake your head left and right and you should wake up(again, works for me and my cousin though not sure if its universal).

angel_o_demonio

Hey Calm how are you?  I'm glad you replied  :) Yeah I have some sleep paralyses that are very negative but haven't had one in awhile.  Astral projections seem to take a lot of energy out of me so I haven't tried to have one since my last one.  I remember having an oobe 4 years ago.  I remember all of it.  I laid down for just a second, just to relax, and then i "wake up" but i'm not really awake.. I know I could walk around and drink something.  But I remember this "voice" was created in my head.  It had a name, and I relived that experience every day for a year and he finally went away.  He would tell me bad things (no I wasn't or am schizophrenic lol) but this voice was very real.  It's taken me 4 years to realize it was an oobe but I'm glad I can finally put a name to it :)

Heather

calm

I'm beginning to think this might be the explanation for many angel sightings I've heard/read about. Usually many sightings you hear about take place in the bedroom while the witness is half asleep...
Anyways, I had a "dream" my body inflated and exploded, not very fun, and very real and horrible. Usually paralysis comes after I fall asleep, this time it came as I was waking up. It was coupled with an inability to breathe. These dreams have shown me what its like to legitimately feel the thoughts and emotions that happen in the(seemingly) final moments of my life.
Anyways, as far as other dreams go, you should check out dreammoods.com, it can be fun if nothing more.