Images don't last - help

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaki

Hi everyone.

When I meditate and try to project, once I get into a very relaxed state and my body goes numb and I get the hypnagogic imagery, I will start seeing images, extremely clear, vivid, detailed images either of a scene or a face or an animal's face. They're at least as clear as my vision in normal everyday life, but they only last a tiny fraction of a second. I'll see a beautiful scene of a mountain with all the colors and everything, but I can't hang onto it. As soon as it registers, it's gone. I suspect maybe I'm moving my eyes to try to focus on it, which is partly why it disappears.

Any tips/tricks for really holding onto those images so I can "enter" the scene? Or maybe I'm just not deep enough to enter the scene so I only get flashes of it. Thanks!

Lionheart

Well you answered your own question there, you are moving your eyes.

You must "passively observe" the scene with an air of curiosity. The scene will develop more and more each time when you ALLOW it to.

I think you are jumping the gun. You are so excited at this point that you are the one hindering further development.

Lately I have been asking to "return to Source", which means by my intent, where my consciousness really is. This has led to many unique scenarios.

Trust in yourself, have no expectations.

Just do what you are doing and ALLOW the shift to occur. When you do this, it will and you will be rewarded for all your efforts.

Astralsuzy

That is right, images do not last.  It is very short.  That is why you  have to get out of your body when you see the images.  If you do not, you will miss the opportunity to ap.

roman67

Lionheart has already given the answer of your question. So, better luck next time. Try your best.

Chaki

Quote from: Lionheart on May 30, 2013, 13:12:22
Well you answered your own question there, you are moving your eyes.

You must "passively observe" the scene with an air of curiosity. The scene will develop more and more each time when you ALLOW it to.

I think you are jumping the gun. You are so excited at this point that you are the one hindering further development.

Lately I have been asking to "return to Source", which means by my intent, where my consciousness really is. This has led to many unique scenarios.

Trust in yourself, have no expectations.

Just do what you are doing and ALLOW the shift to occur. When you do this, it will and you will be rewarded for all your efforts.

The eye movement is involuntary, which is the frustrating part. I guess that probably is why I can't stick with the images. It's like I get these alluring little flashes into awesome scenarios...then they're pulled away from me. Like watching a great movie trailer and not being able to watch the movie lol.

"Return to source" - I like it, thanks. You've helped me a lot already lionheart. In a way I wish I only listened to your advice instead of flooding my brain with so much information and so many different ideas from all across the internet.

Time to keep it simpler :)

Astralsuzy

There are different ways in which ap can work.  It does not have to be only one way.  I have ap using my method.  I suggest you experiment and see what works best for you.

Xanth

astralnaut1

Quote from: Chaki on May 30, 2013, 08:45:42
Hi everyone.

When I meditate and try to project, once I get into a very relaxed state and my body goes numb and I get the hypnagogic imagery, I will start seeing images, extremely clear, vivid, detailed images either of a scene or a face or an animal's face. They're at least as clear as my vision in normal everyday life, but they only last a tiny fraction of a second. I'll see a beautiful scene of a mountain with all the colors and everything, but I can't hang onto it. As soon as it registers, it's gone. I suspect maybe I'm moving my eyes to try to focus on it, which is partly why it disappears.

Any tips/tricks for really holding onto those images so I can "enter" the scene? Or maybe I'm just not deep enough to enter the scene so I only get flashes of it. Thanks!

i believe its possible to fix this.... first of all we all have minds that more or less work differently. I spent a lot of time changing my mind parameters like memory, mood and so on. Here is what you could do... ask yourself can you maintain the image and right after you asked that you might feel something like the feeling of doubt. if youre not sure if you felt something ask yourself if you can move your arm and compare that feeling with previous feeling when you asked if you can maintain the image. did you felt the difference? if you did, then make sure that when you asked yourself if you can maintain the images you will feel the same as you did when you asked if you can move your arm :D You most likely will encounter doubts and you can remove them at will, but you might encounter layer of doubts .... its a one of those annoying protection factors that doesnt let you to achieve things quickly and many believe that this protection can be overpassed by entering  altered states of consciousness. If you wont give up you should be able to maintain the images for unlimited time :D

i have much info on how to program the mind and here is few my achievements:
1. made my memory work 2 times better just in few seconds, but it got back after 5 mins
2. i dont drink coffee because i can "kill" sleepiness
3. made my visual imagination more vivid
4. elimination of depression

mental layer by layer combat sux

Krishanna

you have to let go, let go of wanting & just let it happen. Anytime you try to control it by holding on or focusing, you will lose it.

astralnaut1

Quote from: Krishanna on June 01, 2013, 17:14:36
you have to let go, let go of wanting & just let it happen. Anytime you try to control it by holding on or focusing, you will lose it.

Ahhh i had that problem with some things, but i fixed it and i was able to do things directly again
mental layer by layer combat sux

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Chaki on June 04, 2013, 09:48:12
awesome, thanks!

Lol if you read that whole article, you have way more patience than me. :p

roman67