News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Intensely Bizarre

Previous topic - Next topic

knightlight

Last night I decided to just relax before bed and do a bit of mental projection.  I didnt get very far and passed out.  I had a series of very very very intense and real lucid dreams, but one sticks out and makes me wonder just why this life is so solid compared to all the things I have experienced while phased, and why I dont have one of those lives as my main life.

I awoke.  I reached for the light switch, it flipped up and down but didnt work.  I rolled over and looked around.  I was laying on a mattress in a living room of a house I have never seen.  I looked to my right and a very short woman who I knew was named Belle was laying next to me.  She moved slightly and looked over at me, wondering why I had awoken so suddenly.  I told her I was having this strange dream about living in the house I do now and having the job I do now and how strange it all had been.  She nodded and put her head back down and I put my arm over her and said "Belle... you complete me." and lowered myself completely back to the mattress.  I contemplated the 'dream' I had had, how it seemed to last for so many years and it all seemed so strange.  I was convinced I had finally woke up in the life I had been living for all this time and hadnt realized it.  The thought of my life now being more than a dream wasnt anywhere in my mind.

Thats the part that scares me the most.  It wasnt that I was convinced it was real, it WAS.  Its like when you are dreaming and wake up, how you feel then, you KNOW you are awake and that you are in the main life you focus on and everything is solid and normal.  What life was this?  Have I finally lost it?  Am I reaching into the parts of the consciousness continuum that Monroe did when he would live another life in "Journeys out of the body"?  I am glad the memory of this is fading because its something I want to forget, something that is so haunting, so surreal, that I would rather not experience it again.
Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.

AndrewTheSinger

Man, that's really cool, specially because you said it yourself 'You complete me.'. The lives you have in your dreams complete the life you have when you are awake, it couldn't be any other way, it's what our existence is about.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Arn de Gothia

Ye, weird, maybe our souls occupies more then one physical body... now that's a theory, like we are living multiple lives at the same time

knightlight

To be honest I dont know what to think but thats just how it goes. ;)

Hope I can get back to that place, explore more of it.  It just seemed so right.  I just hope I dont get stuck there forever!  I would be left without all of you and who knows what else.  Makes me glad to live the life I do now!  Seems rather appropriate as I have been rather disappointed with my life as of late for, as it seems, no real reason after this experience.  The thought of losing what I have now seems so devastating!  I am guessing that was the main reason for all of this.

Tombo

Very fascinating Knightlight! I have posted a link to an article:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22195

Where the author talks about a experience called RPE (Reality Projection Experience) That might be interesting for you (see for example bottom of Page 13 in the mentioned article)

regards Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Stookie

I had a similar experience, where I entered some other timeless reality where at the time I KNEW I really existed and I was dreaming this life from there. (However, it wasn't anything that resembled physical reality). The whole experience left me depressed for about 2 weeks. I still can't make heads or tails of it, but my perception of reality has been different ever since.

SpeaK

Whoa, that is really interesting!

Selski

Hi knightlight

This is a very interesting experience.  I know others have had this kind of thing happen.  Robert Peterson mentions "waking up" from this reality and thinking it was a long and strange dream.

Quote from: knightlightHope I can get back to that place, explore more of it.  It just seemed so right.  I just hope I dont get stuck there forever!  I would be left without all of you and who knows what else.  Makes me glad to live the life I do now!  Seems rather appropriate as I have been rather disappointed with my life as of late for, as it seems, no real reason after this experience.  The thought of losing what I have now seems so devastating!  I am guessing that was the main reason for all of this.

In your first post you seemed to want to forget the whole thing, but now you want to go back - that's good!  :smile:

It's great that you've looked at the experience from a 'lateral' angle to see if it was telling you something.  Seems it was.  Nice one.  :drive:

If you get back there and have the opportunity to explore - let us know what happens!

Thanks for sharing.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

CFTraveler

When I was 12 (a period in my life filled with strange occurrences) I had about 4 or 5 of those 'alternate life experience' dreams.  Each of the dreams lasted for more than one day, so it seemed that I lived months in my dreams in the space of a few weeks.  It was hard to tell which way was up, and then it stopped.  It was a very difficult time in my life, many things were happening that were life altering for me (not to mention the onset of puberty.)  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that kind of stuff happened to!

knightlight

Quote from: StookieI had a similar experience, where I entered some other timeless reality where at the time I KNEW I really existed and I was dreaming this life from there.

I remember reading about that and this was WAY different.  I LONG for such an experience as you had, as depressing as I am sure it would be.  My experience was simply trading one doldrum meaningless drivel of a life for another and losing what I have strived for now.  Returning to the origin of whatever spawns this life is one of my main goals, something you have seemingly achieved well before me.

Quote from: SarahIn your first post you seemed to want to forget the whole thing, but now you want to go back - that's good!  

It's great that you've looked at the experience from a 'lateral' angle to see if it was telling you something. Seems it was.

Yes... well.. as soon as that feeling.. that horrid disturbing sense of wholeness I experienced during the phasing went away a layer peeled away and revealed a meaning to it all.  I just cant seem to put down on paper just how raw and scary this was for me.  It was reality shattering.  I honestly think anyone I know IRL, if experiencing this, would instantly commit themselves for life and be reduced to a shuttering blob of quivering insanity forever.  The first hour or so upon awakening were spent testing reality and convincing myself I wasnt going to wake up again, consumed by the thought of that world, that reality.  I dont want to come acrossed as a drama king here, and anyone who knows me will understand, but honestly people, it seemed to be the end.  I seemed to exist nowhere.  It had come to this, realizing this reality wasnt anymore solid than the next and any moment from now until the end of time could switch me to a reality so vastly different than the one I am in now that I would lose it forever, and who could say where I would go from there.  In all the years of my experience I atleast had this life to return to.  No matter how long I was gone for, no matter what I had seen or felt, I knew I was going to return... That disappeared in a flash last night.  Just thinking of it makes me feel.. I dont know.  Strange I guess.  Not scared, not excited, just odd and uneasy.

QuoteIf you get back there and have the opportunity to explore - let us know what happens!

Believe me, I will.

Quote from: CFTEach of the dreams lasted for more than one day, so it seemed that I lived months in my dreams in the space of a few weeks. It was hard to tell which way was up

I hear ya!

QuoteI'm glad to know I'm not the only one that kind of stuff happened to!

Indeed!  Right back at ya.  Feels a bit different when you are 22 instead of 12, but its very nice to know I am not alone.

I will keep you all posted,

Knightlight

Leilah

I was trying to imagine what it was like for you today. That must have been eerie.

I guess I sympathize but at the same time, I completely agree with MajorTom. Cool Experience!!

QuoteThe first hour or so upon awakening were spent testing reality and convincing myself I wasn't going to wake up again, consumed by the thought of that world, that reality.

Friday night started off with my first "true" phasing experience. From there, I had a lucid dream/s and a "lucid false awakening". By the time I woke up, I was so... used to the constant shifting of reality, that I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming again. I think for the first hour, I felt really strange. I can't describe it other than, just weird. Maybe this is the feeling your talking about...
Leaning over
Crawling up
Stumbling all around
Losing my place
Only to find I've come full circle.

Ben K

That just sounds extraordinary!

I cant imagine how you must have felt afterwords.

If i were to venture a guess, it would be that you stepped in to one of your seperate focuses living his own life in a different physical reality. did it seem that way to you or does it seem like something else entirely?
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE

knightlight

QuoteI can't describe it other than, just weird. Maybe this is the feeling your talking about...

Indeed, I am sure it was the same feeling.  I cant explain it, I dont think anyone can really.  Its something so far out there it just makes you stop and think...  stop and really gauge your reality, try to piece it all together, and of course without any success.  Its almost as if it was planned from the beginning but who knows.

QuoteIf i were to venture a guess, it would be that you stepped in to one of your separate focuses living his own life in a different physical reality. did it seem that way to you or does it seem like something else entirely?

Honestly, it felt as if my reality now was just a dream.  I truly felt as if the reality I briefly experienced was the REAL reality, if there is such a thing.  Again, as I stated before, it felt exactly like when you are having a horrific dream and awake suddenly and feel that reassurance, that knowing that you have returned to your safe place, to what is solid and right.  I was where I had was meant to be the whole time.  But of course I could go on from there and feel the same thing somewhere else, and the pattern continues into infinity.  Therein lies the problem for me, that infinite questioning I had hoped would never manifest itself in my lifetime has reared its ugly head in full force.  Now I am left with this empty hole.  This black void of realization.

I thank everyone who has participated in this discussion so far, it has been very productive and worth while.  I hope to shed some light on this issue and maybe work towards an end for myself and all others who have experienced this.  It is really... well.. erasing.  It has erased my sense of purpose, my sense of self.  It is what I have always wanted but of course what most people want is what most people really DONT want.  Heres to future experiences!  Thanks for the input and hopefully we can all get through such troubling times with such great help and support that this forum offers.  Thanks alot folks.

CFTraveler

QuoteIndeed! Right back at ya. Feels a bit different when you are 22 instead of 12, but its very nice to know I am not alone.
LOL.  I am now 48 and the weird stuff has never stopped, just changed quality.  :lol:

m3th

Quote from: knightlightLast night I decided to just relax before bed and do a bit of mental projection.  I didn't get very far and passed out.  I had a series of very very very intense and real lucid dreams, but one sticks out and makes me wonder just why this life is so solid compared to all the things I have experienced while phased, and why I don't have one of those lives as my main life.

I awoke.  I reached for the light switch, it flipped up and down but didn't work.  I rolled over and looked around.  I was laying on a mattress in a living room of a house I have never seen.  I looked to my right and a very short woman who I knew was named Belle was laying next to me.  She moved slightly and looked over at me, wondering why I had awoken so suddenly.  I told her I was having this strange dream about living in the house I do now and having the job I do now and how strange it all had been.  She nodded and put her head back down and I put my arm over her and said "Belle... you complete me." and lowered myself completely back to the mattress.  I contemplated the 'dream' I had had, how it seemed to last for so many years and it all seemed so strange.  I was convinced I had finally woke up in the life I had been living for all this time and hadn't realized it.  The thought of my life now being more than a dream wasn't anywhere in my mind.

That's the part that scares me the most.  It wasn't that I was convinced it was real, it WAS.  Its like when you are dreaming and wake up, how you feel then, you KNOW you are awake and that you are in the main life you focus on and everything is solid and normal.  What life was this?  Have I finally lost it?  Am I reaching into the parts of the consciousness continuum that Monroe did when he would live another life in "Journeys out of the body"?  I am glad the memory of this is fading because its something I want to forget, something that is so haunting, so surreal, that I would rather not experience it again.

That's very interesting. After reading the Monroe series, particularly the second book. I became a strong believer that so much goes on at night when we dream that we don't remember in the morning... And probably never will. I'm talking years an years of stuff.

And it's strange because sometimes I wake up and get this very strange feeling. It's almost like when you realize your lucid, you stop for a second and think "Wow... this has been a dream this whole time". But pertaining to life... Very hard to explain.

I don't think as humans we will ever have the answers.