Is it "normal" to have serious PAIN inflicted on you?!?

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyRabbit

OK, so this one has thrown me for a loop, and disturbed me so much I feel like I need to start a separate thread to ask about it.

My last proper AP, my supposed helper suddenly created a lot of physical pain for me. Up until this time, I had felt some discomfort, strain, or soreness in my astral limbs and body, but nothing that bad. But this HURT. And I really, quite literally, felt all of it. It felt like I was being electrocuted and was horrifying. A bit re-traumatizing, actually.

I haven't yet come across anyone here posting about having this sort of experience. If someone has, I've just missed it. So, I'm wondering if this is common, rare, etc? It also makes me wonder to what extent we can trust that the entities we come into contact with are always "good". Would a "good" spirit do that? Also, and this is a whole other topic, but as soon as I was back in my body I thought to myself, This is why people thing they've been abducted by aliens. They're having an out of body experience and, for whatever reason, being restrained and caused pain in such a way that it feels like they're being experimented on.

I want to add: I was not afraid at ALL going into this. I was happy, joyful, and totally trusting. So I don't think we can say that I "manifested" this torturous experience due to my own subconscious fears and expectations of something negative happening to me. Further, if we can surmise that the people who think they're being tortured by aliens are having an out of body experience something similar to what just happened to me, then we can ask again: How do we know that those entities are GOOD? Why would they do that if they're good? The people who think they're being abducted....they don't know what's going on. They have no idea, they don't welcome the experience, they're not gaining anything from it, this is not furthering their spiritual evolution. So why would "good" entities keep traumatizing them like that, over and over?

Anyway, I'm copying what happened here below. Would really appreciate knowing if this has happened to anyone, or if anyone has any insight into it. It was pretty upsetting for me, TBH.

14 July 2020

Out of body experience - astral projection

Phased/spun out this morning. Felt like bed started moving again, but I was floating while still laying down. Moved out through my apartment hallway, out the front door. Woman behind me, felt her hands on my shoulders, and I put my hands over hers. I was happy and excited, I thought we were going to fly over the city! Began to float up a bit. On the right appeared a take out window, like of a fast food restaurant. The woman, still behind me and who I couldn't see, ordered french fries for herself. I wanted to order some, too. I looked to my right, and saw a long line of people had shown up behind us, waiting to place their orders. I remember wondering if they were inherently spirits or if they were dead people, that they must eat here a lot, and how lucky we were that we beat the rush! Eventually I was handed a french fry to taste/try. I took it, and as I put it in my mouth, the woman behind me put something against my right cheek/side of face. The device, which seemed like a thin oval tube approximately 3 inches long, solid dark color, I felt tremendous pain in my body, especially my ankles. It was like I was electrocuted or tased. I got a fleeting sense of the flavor of the french fry, but not too much, as the pain was overwhelming everything else. It really, really, really hurt. Next thing I know, I'm being wheeled into a large, indoor space, like an airplane hanger. I'm still reeling from the shocking pain inflicted on me. There was a man who had a device in his hands. It wasn't the same device, it was large and round. He was going to use it on me, he was pointing it at my feet. Somehow, I felt restrained and held down on the floor. I was kicking and struggling, yelling for the woman to come back and explain to me what was happening, what they were trying to do. As I struggled and kicked on the ground, another, much shorter man came up and was trying to convince me to let the taller man do whatever he was going to do with the device. Again, I was yelling for them to stop, for someone to explain to me what they were going to do, if it was going to hurt. The smaller guy was saying something to the effect of, We know what's best for you! Or something like that. I kept struggling and asking for the woman to come back, for any sort of helper or spirit guide to show up and help me. No one came to my aid. At that point, I WANTED to be back in my body, because the whole experience was so re-traumatizing. So I phased back in.

I haven't really had a proper AP since then. Two days later, on the 16th, I think I had a bizarre lucid dream. It was too weird and disjointed to be a proper AP, tho. It seemed like they (whoever) wanted to do some kind of a procedure or event to "regress" me back to being a baby. Like Benjamin Button style, literally becoming younger and younger, to the moment of birth. My body and mind would become a baby again. Then these people (whoever) would bring me back up to the present. I asked if in this process I would lose any of my memories, and they seemed not able to guarantee that. So I was like "um excuse me." There seemed to be some sort of conversation happening about this issue, then I woke up. But totally unrelated to the painful experience, and I have not had any other experiences since.

Nameless

I'm sorry you had to go through this and sad to say I don't really no how to even talk about events like this myself. I personally don't think it is 'normal' at least not in the way I think you mean. Events like this do feel like abductions and who's to say they aren't. My thinking the first time I recall such an event followed the same lines as yours.

All I know for sure is that there are lot of things out there we don't understand. Much of it I think does utilize our many levels of consciousness. My big question though is along the lines of just because it's painful does that mean it is nefarious? I don't know but this is down the rabbit hole.

I know we receive lots of help along the way and have no doubt that sometimes we are used to further someone else's agenda. That is not meant to cause you or anyone reading fear. For all I know this is part of the plan we agreed to. I mean, dentist cause lots of pain too but most of us agree to the pain for the final results, so...

But yes, in simple terms I have been exactly where you were and am still processing. For us though knowing what we do I think we have a better chance of sorting it out and combating our fear. Like you observed above it's easy to see why people who suddenly find themselves in a painful 'abduction' type scenario would totally freak out and come to more physical conclusions. Although I do not personally rule that out.

It's likely whatever your went through and the purpose of that will take time to sink in before you AP again. You may or may not want to but you need to let it sink in. Give your mind and body a little breathing room.

I hope that helps a little and at least comforts you knowing you are not alone. Perhaps our other friends here will have something else to add.

Hugs
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

2 decades of reading different AP accounts, books, discussions with people on different forums, this is a rare occurrence. But remember the saying "No pain, no gain". Challenges exist not only in physical realities, but in many non-physical as well. Myself and a few others here have posted a number of soul retrievals during APs, where lost/stuck souls need help and we guide them out of their situations. So, not everything is flowers and rainbows outside of the dense realities, the journeys continue, so are the lessons. I still think that everything happens for a reason and that reason is us, something we must become aware, something is seeking our attention to trigger needed change in our actions, beliefs, state of mind, etc. Regardless of the cause of pain and challenges. It may be a situation, but it may be a person, an entity that will cause something negative, but at a higher lever that is arranged precisely and our higher self has agreed to experience it. The pother personalities involved in our "misfortunes" are tools that help for the situation to form and at the end of is for our benefit of learning. I know that this is almost impossible to be grasped by limited personalities like us, but this is just my conclusion from experiences. Otherwise existence will make no sense.
If we accept that challenges are beneficial for our expansion then we can look at pain straight in the eyes without resistance, but with understanding. Then we can more clearly see the reason behind every occurrence and if we are able to admit that yes we need to improve certain aspects of ourselves, then we can recognize what is it that we need to change. Once we initiate that change, then the need for the lesson will end and so will the challenge dissolve and never repeat again. But we MUST leave our ego aside and admit that there is much we have to learn and that we do make mistakes. We have to admit what we do wrong and stop justifying our behavior.
The above is not directly pointed at you, GrumpyRabbit, but just something that I have concluded a long time ago and have used that technique to look deep into every negative experience that comes my way. I ask and ask and ask what is it that I need to change. and I always come to a realization of what do I need to improve. At times that was my diet, at times that was to stop judging others, at times there was the necessity to forgive without repentance, to love those who hurt me, etc.

So to summaries my blabbing, there is a reason for everything, we have to find the reasons ourselves, we have to apply the changes necessary in order to extract the knowledge and dissolve the issue, never to blame others for our pain, they are tools that help the situation to get our attention. Journeys continue in many levels of the multiverse.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

shineling

I personally have a inherent mistrust of "other". Ok... maybe I trust my parents. But even then you can't be 100%.

I do trust my helper guide but mine is not an "other". He's part of me... my higher self. I think as luminous beings we are equipped with everything we need to live and traverse the Universe.

We don't need an "other".

But that's just my personal opinion.  :-)
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: Nameless on July 18, 2020, 00:32:49

All I know for sure is that there are lot of things out there we don't understand. Much of it I think does utilize our many levels of consciousness. My big question though is along the lines of just because it's painful does that mean it is nefarious? I don't know but this is down the rabbit hole.

I'm sorry you have had to deal with something similar....but I do appreciate the commiseration =) I think for me it's the issue is trust. Thus far, I have been totally trusting that whatever entities I come into contact with, that they're good, there to help me, and have my best interest at heart. Being electrocuted suddenly makes me question that. If it's possible that some bad entities out there might mess with me, then it means I can't automatically trust whoever/whatever I come in contact with. I've been assuming that they're all there to teach me, guide me. Especially the one that electrocuted me - she was the one helping me/directing me as we floated down my hallway and out of my apartment. I would think she's a supportive entity. So what purpose did the pain serve? I don't know.

And, if something happened to you like this and you're still processing, that makes me think that maybe you haven't figured out why that was done to you, either. If it's so impossible to figure out why these rare negative things happened to us, that makes me wonder if maybe there's no big reason. Like if there's a big reason why they happened to use, surely we'd figure it out at some point, right?

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: LightBeam on July 18, 2020, 03:10:52
2 decades of reading different AP accounts, books, discussions with people on different forums, this is a rare occurrence.

This is part of what worries me! If inflicting pain is for a good purpose, why is it so rare? In the few accounts you have read about the sort of thing that happened to me, was there any conclusion or consensus about why that happens, for what purpose, etc? Does ANYONE have any idea, at all, what it could me, why it happens sometimes?

Nameless

Maybe because sometimes what we convince ourselves is an astral or conscious experience is really just a cover for an actual physical event. (??)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

LightBeam

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on July 19, 2020, 21:11:39
This is part of what worries me! If inflicting pain is for a good purpose, why is it so rare? In the few accounts you have read about the sort of thing that happened to me, was there any conclusion or consensus about why that happens, for what purpose, etc? Does ANYONE have any idea, at all, what it could me, why it happens sometimes?

From my recollection they were one timer events. I don't know if the people figured out why. It definitive has something to do with eac individual, perhaps some subconscious fears or beliefs. You have to analyse the event itself and look into your life, habits, believes, to see if there is a hint of something you need to change about yourself. How you view life, how you react to challenges, etc.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

Quote from: GrumpyRabbit on July 19, 2020, 21:11:39
I know this answer is going to be hard for you to understand right now, but once you get the "gist" of the way things work "there", you will understand it a bit more. I say bit, because I don't think we are supposed to know everything. My answer to what it happening to you is simple, because it is directed at "YOU". Meaning the higher self knows how to "trigger" you and it looks like it worked. It could be as simple as getting "YOUR" attention!

i have never been a fan of Dream websites that tell you what your Dream meant. Case in point. I see a bee or bees in my Dream. A Dream Doctor, let's call them for now, could tell me it means "this". Whatever this was. They don't know though whether the sight of a bee is a good thing or bad thing for me, whether it creates a positive or a negative mental response in me. I could been stung by one recently or metaphorically, I could have been swindled recently in one way or another OR I could have recently went to my Garden and was fascinated how the bees were taking their pollen from the beautiful flowers there. Do you see what i mean? The answer is "personal" not only to you in general, but is based on your own experiences, not the Dream Doctors.

This whole practice here is based on "personal progression". Yes we are all one at some level, but here in the physical it is our experiences and the way we perceive things that makes us "different" to one another. Those perceptions could be created by a number of factors, culture/race, age, sex, etc.

So yes it's nice to hear other's opinions, but in the end YOU are the one that needs to come to a conclusion based on how YOU feel about it.

EV mentioned the many tests and did accurately list them in order as well, from what I saw true. Kudos for that EV!  :-)

That link that EV gave you for Kurt's website will really be helpful to you. There is a treasure trove of info to be found there. Once you do read it, you can kind check off things as they occur. Don't expect them to occur though. Just allow them to and be aware of them when they do occur. A lesson leads to a lesson and another lesson and so on. Why? It seems we are being taught so we can move into our next "realty" there.

The NPR and this physical reality here share the same thing, they all contain lessons. Where they differ though is that in the NPR, there doesn't seem to be any "time constraints". We don't have all of the "life" between lessons that we have here in  the physical. In this physical realm here you have many teachings. Some of them can come days, months or years apart. In between that time, you live. In the NPR it's instant. You don't get the "downtime". You don't live between experiences. When one is given to you, it happens now. You become consciously aware at the teaching part of that lesson. Here is this physical, barring sleep, you are always consciously aware. In the NPR you only become consciously aware when you are supposed to. It's a enormous difference. But the more you see that for yourself, the more apt you are to continue those NPR consciously aware experiences.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

GrumpyRabbit

Thank you everyone! UPDATE:

I decided that on my next venture out, I would ask to be taken directly to my Higher Self for some clarity about the whole being electrocuted thing. I didn't get any direct answers (surprised?) but I think the overall message of the experience was that everything is happening the way it should, I'm at where I need to be, boxes are being ticked off, and "They" are always watching. So I'm still in the dark, but being in the dark feels a little more safe, now <3   :-)

Here's the full story of my encounter with my Higher Self (supposedly, or maybe I was taken to someone else, who knows) in case you're curious: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/projection_journal_looking_for_help_analyzingunderstanding_them-t47927.0.html;msg374207#msg374207

Thank you again so much for all your help and insights!

EscapeVelocity

Of the options open to you, that was a good choice to visit your Higher Self and seek an answer. You received a response although it might have been a bit short of the more complete answer you wanted.

The value of the answers we receive is very dependent on our ability to interpret the environments, the energy structures, the data that we receive. It can be quite frustrating at times but that also seems to increase the quality of the learning.

Your questions are excellent and well considered, such that I take a fair amount of time to decide a response and even then the Universe steps in now and again to dismantle my attempts at a post. So I will try to abbreviate my 3 hour response that got wiped last night...some ideas apparently are discouraged until a later time

1- I agree with the others that ultimately these are YOUR experiences to figure out. Certain metaphorical themes are pretty straightforward but the nuances are delicacies particular to you. We all get them.

2- Communication- We can ask for a Guide, we can ask the environment itself for an answer. Sometimes we get a response. Sometimes it is straightforward and coherent, many times not. It can be cryptic, riddled or even gibberish.  This can be for us to realize it is a dream character or maybe we haven't framed the question properly. Just because we have arrived in the NP in a fairly lucid state is no promise that the answers will now be freely given to us. It requires effort and work.

3-Agreement- Somewhere along the line we apparently agreed to this form of teaching and just because we don't remember the fact doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It may have been a discussion with our Higher Self and at a vibration or frequency that we cannot bring into this PR awareness. Much to my own disappointment, I have seen this with others as well as myself. Your recent partial HS experience may be an example of this.

4- Interpretation- If everything is energy vibrating at various speeds, and as we move higher within frequency it moves from the slower, dense PR to the faster, less dense higher frequencies in the NP, then our perception in these areas becomes increasingly challenged and interpretive and prone to error or mis-interpretation. Like ten people witnessing a car accident...what happened and why? Multiply that with witnessing an astral event and it magnifies ten-fold, if not more. For example, look at your drive-thru window experience or the self-driving car experience. Both were your interpretations of the energetic quality of the experience but neither was entirely accurate. The message is still hidden within, but you have buried it to some degree within your singular interpretive context. Someone else may have constructed an entirely different narrative but with an equivalent message. Neat, huh?

Enough for the moment, let's see if this gets through.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

EscapeVelocity

Okay, that stuck so let's try for some more.

5- Pain- Like LightBeam said, most of us don't see it much. Me...maybe four or five times in my 50+ year life with regard to the Non-Physical. But pain is a relative concept, right? Especially in the NP. Like Lumaza said, it might just be a loud alarm to get your attention. I think that is entirely possible.

In my own experience, NP pain began at age 5 with Sleep Paralysis and a few discomforting experiences. At age 12, I tried to achieve the "Vibrations" and I found them twice and they hurt and scared the hell out of me. Felt like every molecule in my body was disintegrating...painful, yet more so frightening. Forty years later, the idea of frequency adjustment makes very rational sense. Maybe my sense of pain was my lack of ability at the time to adjust to the higher frequency requirements. And through the succeeding years there were other mostly NP but uncomfortable and sometimes downright slightly painful experiences.

And having NP Non-Physical experiences does not inoculate one from pain. In fact, it invites some new types of discomfort and possibly pain. I'm not happy to report that but that's the truth. We learn from pain; we learn from discomfort, resistance and friction. It forces us into action; it forces us to move.

Nameless made a very significant point- sometimes we invite the pain. As with a dentist, a doctor...etc. Pulling a tooth, setting a broken bone...

So why would this not be true, as well on the Non-Physical Planes? We ask for and receive NP healing but we don't consciously understand it or accept it. I have seen this for myself as well as for others. It has involved experiences while I am still in my bed, and also experiences where I am taken to other locations. Most of the time I am pretty much unaware...other times I do have some greater awareness...and quite honestly, some of these times it has been difficult.

GR, your experience with the larger guy pinning you to the floor and the resulting electrocution was, in my opinion, a healing experience for you. You may have made an incorrect interpretation of the event which is quite understandable. I have apparently done the same thing more than once. I will give one example-

Several years ago, I was working on Lucid Dreams and my awareness. One night I dreamed of being lured into a hospital setting where a 2'x2' rectangular transparent tube was lowered over me and I saw at the top a criss-cross set of silver blades was going to descend and slice and dice me. I decided this was a nightmare and fought it as best I could, ultimately waking from the nightmare before it struck. I was SO proud of my ability to have become lucid and exited from a nightmare! A few years later, I was attending a weeklong course at The Monroe Institute (consciousness research) and I had the same experience during one of the sessions. I had AP'ed to the Afterlife region and what they described as a Healing Area. They took me into a healing room and this 2'x2' transparent tube descended upon me. I couldn't believe it! But I trusted the experience and it sliced and diced me three times into like 96 pieces of awareness that lay on the floor (very weird!! And slightly painful) before I reconstructed...a half hour later I was having lunch with one of the Trainers. I asked her about it and she said, "Oh yes, that's a fairly normal experience of balancing your energies." Blew me away...

So I realized that Years before I had not developed a new awareness of avoiding a nightmare; I had mistakenly avoided a healing experience. Again a very poignant example of how context is everything.

Hope these ideas help.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

omcasey

I like what everyone is sharing here and I hesitate, due to this - to jump in . . But, just to say, I have experience ( lots of experience ) with all of these concepts, GR.. The extra-terrestrial reality is amongst the first of what I discovered when first awakening. And, pain, the sensation of "electrocution" perhaps in particular, not often discussed on AP boards but goes to what the ancients referred to as Kundalini. All of this is highly common to my own unique set of experience. We may be the rarity, but those of us who experience these things do tend to experience them both deeply, and a lot. I will leave a couple links, some things I have written of my own experience and if you want to talk further I am always around. You may process the concepts uniquely to the way I have but there will be decided crossover. The torque is always ever so helpful.

The Extra-Terrestrial Reality
Activated to Awaken : A Kundalini Top-Down Awakening

Casey

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on July 22, 2020, 04:47:29
So I will try to abbreviate my 3 hour response that got wiped last night...some ideas apparently are discouraged until a later time

Oh no, again?! It's my curse. Other people's technologies routinely hate me.

For example, look at your drive-thru window experience or the self-driving car experience. Both were your interpretations of the energetic quality of the experience but neither was entirely accurate. The message is still hidden within, but you have buried it to some degree within your singular interpretive context. Someone else may have constructed an entirely different narrative but with an equivalent message. Neat, huh?

This is a good point! All I have to go on is how things appear or manifest to me. Now that you put it like that, the first thing that spring to mind is that at the drive-thru window, waiting for the delicious french fries, I saw a long line of people form behind us. While out of body, all I thought was it must be really good food! But now, perhaps is conveying the message that whatever the pain was about, and I still don't know, it's a thing that people want.

I asked her about it and she said, "Oh yes, that's a fairly normal experience of balancing your energies." Blew me away...

So I realized that Years before I had not developed a new awareness of avoiding a nightmare; I had mistakenly avoided a healing experience. Again a very poignant example of how context is everything.

Very good to know - very shamanic, actually. In my own (rather long) shamanic initiation, I was dismembered, burned alive, pushed off a cliff, cannibalized, a participant in cannibalism, surgically operated on (with something new inserted), shapeshifted into various things, and had to cut out my own heart and eat it. Warm and fuzzy shamanism is not. Of course, all those experiences were visual, and perhaps mentally/emotionally gripping or unnerving, but no physical pain associated. I was never electrocuted, tho! Maybe if I had been, I would have been a little more cool about that happening while out of body!

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: omcasey on July 23, 2020, 03:30:44
And, pain, the sensation of "electrocution" perhaps in particular, not often discussed on AP boards but goes to what the ancients referred to as Kundalini. All of this is highly common to my own unique set of experience. We may be the rarity, but those of us who experience these things do tend to experience them both deeply, and a lot.

Very interesting, thank you! So, what you feel was kundalini for you, you experienced that as the sensation of electrocution while out of body? I think that's the gist of it that I got from reading your blog posts.

While I'm not totally sure what my experience was about, I do feel a lot more comfortable about it and confident that it was not "evil", and if it happens again, I'm going to have a stiff upper lip and let it happen.

omcasey

QuoteVery interesting, thank you! So, what you feel was kundalini for you, you experienced that as the sensation of electrocution while out of body?
I think that's the gist of it that I got from reading your blog posts.

The K can certainly be experienced directly from within any of the fields - yes . .

I have been more apt, when experiencing it from within to interpret it in kinder ways, as I am not quite as 'physical' in there as out here - where I experienced it quite consciously, and quite painfully for years. I would liken it to the somewhat muffled sensation of having segments of myself broken and re-set. Each in agonizing slow motion over the course of months. But I was more fascinated at it all than bothered. Each night after a few hours, near every night for years I would then go into the fields, - the out of body states. It was something I was willing to go through to get to what I have. I am pleased to hear you are settling into your own interpretations.