Just a few questions about an experience I had!

Previous topic - Next topic

mikel105

Well before I go In-Depth on this, Just a little bit about me. I'm 16, I've been into astral projection since I was 12, I've had many run ins with Sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming, i've also had many attempts at Astral Projection. I think some have been successful. I've done many Psychedelics when going down a bad road, including Dmt, Lsd, Lsa, Dimenhydramine...e.t.c), So usually when in Sleep Paralysis, disturbing hallucinations don't really bother me. Well, back on topic, So last night I had been researching Astral projection like usual, reading experiences and what not, when I began to get really tired. It's about 1:25 am and I'n thinking " Oh, you can't really project when you're really tired. Nights not the best. ", So I put my laptop away, and lay down to sleep. Now what I'd been doing lately is holding my girlfriends notes to my heart when I sleep. But what usually happens is I almost fall alseep but keep thinking about her ...e.t.c). Well, as i'm drifting to sleep I'm watching my hypnagogic images behind my eyelids, When all of a sudden a blob of color turns into a rather nasty face. So I start to think to myself on this verge of Half wakefulness, how funny the face was and that I'd must be getting hypnagogic Hallucinations. I also remembered that if I'd watch them then eventually Sleep paralysis would kick in with the vibrations and that Hypnagogia was the first step. Instead, I decided just to watch them and then drifted off to sleep for about a minute before slightly regaining awareness by remembering the note. So then all of a sudden, I got this extremely odd feeling of falling into myself. So I just went along with it hoping for separation, Except the falling kept going, then stopped, then went a little, and stopped all together. So as it was done, I thought I would try to move my arms, Well, I moved them but in a different feeling, as my normal arms remained still. I assumed they were my astral arms, But I don't remember what happened next as I was then in an amazingly long lucid dream ( I think, Or was it projection? This I need help on.. ) . Now I remember it entirely, I controlled what I did, I sort of felt some things. But the weirdest part was, in this dream I suddenly thought of something ( I forget ) And immediately woke up. So I'm lying in bed thinking " What a nice lucid dream, it's 6 am time for school. ". Because usually after long lucid dreams it's close to being time to wake up. Well, it hit me when I looked at my alarm and it was 2:31 am. I got really confused and checked my phone and thought " There's no way that was only an hour.. " . Still confused I layed back down to go back to sleep when all of a sudden some sort of " Jolt " hit me. It's hard to describe, It was like a loud second long buzzing sound ( Like a buzzer ) And I saw all grey for that second in my  hypnagogic field. That confused me again, but I shrugged it off and passed back out.

So with that good ole' sump of information, Here's my questions to anyone, And if anyone themselves has questions to ask me, don't be afraid.  :wink:

1. What was this Falling sensation? Anyone else had similar experiences? Is it a part of vibrations?

2. Was that a Lucid Dream, Or Projection?

3. How did it seem like it had been hours, and the entire dream go on for so long ( I remember all of it in detail ), but it only have been an hour?

4. What was up with that sound and flash in my hypnagogic? Anyone else experience things like this?

5. Any advice or tips on this?

That's all for now, Thanks again to anyone who can help me out.

- John ' Pinback ' Cletus

Astralzombie

QuoteSo with that good ole' sump of information, Here's my questions to anyone, And if anyone themselves has questions to ask me, don't be afraid.  wink

1. What was this Falling sensation? Anyone else had similar experiences? Is it a part of vibrations?

3. How did it seem like it had been hours, and the entire dream go on for so long ( I remember all of it in detail ), but it only have been an hour?

4. What was up with that sound and flash in my hypnagogic? Anyone else experience things like this?

Thank you for the encouragement. Many of us here are currently trying to overcome our fear of posting. It is uncanny how you sensed that.

A couple of things.

First, I am impressed that a young man such as yourself, actually knows proper grammar. Of course we all make mistakes but who wants to go back and fix everyone? This is unfortunately a rare thing these days. Kudos to you and your teachers.

Secondly, far be it for me to preach to you, but why in the heck are you messing around with all these hallucinogens at your young age? There's plenty of time for that exploration later if you choose to.

1. The falling sensation is just one of many that are associated with having an OOBE.Most of us feel it but not all the time.

2. You didn't give us a whole lot to go on to make a decision. That aside, there is little difference between a LD and a projection. We must all decide for ourselves what these differences are and what they mean.

3. For some reason, time usually passes for me the same as it does in this physical reality. The times that I have bothered to check were always with a quarter hour or so of what I assumed. I guess time passes differently for all of us but this has a lot to do with how engrossed we are in the experience.

4. When we wake up from a good sleep, we can fall into SP very quickly and be caught off guard. This sound and jolt that you felt were most likely attributed to SP.

5. Keep an open mind and the rest will follow.

Good luck. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

soarin12

Your really lucky that the hallucinations don't bother you!  From my experience there is just no end to the weird things that happen during SP. As for the auditory hallucinations, these are the ones I've heard that I can remember.  Buzzing, roaring, vibrating, an alarm clock, voices, screaming, footsteps, crashing like dishes breaking, a loud bang, and my bedroom door opening.  Of all of these, the only ones that really caused me to fear were the loud bang and my room door opening.  The reason these two were different were because they were the only ones that originated at a point in the house outside of my own head. (or so I perceived)   Made me feel like the place was haunted or there was an intruder. The other sounds all originated from inside my head and that seemed more normal and easy to tolerate.  There seems to be no end to the possibilities and the weirdness!! 

Lionheart

Quote from: mikel105 on March 14, 2013, 01:15:28

Hello and Welcome to the Astral Pulse John!  :-)

1. It's just part of the many things that can occur with Non physical experiences. It's what we call "sign posts" of the NPR and we have many helpful stickies here that you can read that will help you identify with what is happening.
A good place to start is here: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html
From there we have great Stickies on everything related to Sleep Paralysis and I mean everything. Bedeekin and Szaxx have covered that topic thoroughly.

2. It was Non Physical Reality Experience. Don't be quick to judge or question yet. Just wait until you have more of them under your belt to decide what it is.

3. Time has no relevance in the NPR. I have had a Lucid Dreams where I lived what seemed like a lifetime. Time is a known in this physical reality. Outside of that it doesn't exist, well at least the way it does here.

4. Hypnogogic Imagery is just another one of the many "sign posts". Just observe it with an air of curiosity and stay the course!

5. Read all you can can here on this site. Then develop what works for you. There are many great techniques to be found here, but you need to find a technique that is comfortable or resonates well with you.
Besides that, you are doing fine. Don't rush it. Try not to question it right now. Just experience it for now and keep a good Journal on your progress.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Szaxx

Welcome to the Pulse.
In a way you're riding your bicycle for the first time. It's not the time to think where you can go. It's the time to stay on it as long as you can. This way you'll learn the basics and travelling becomes a pleasure not a chore.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

ChopstickFox

Welcome! There's plenty of information on here to feed your curiosity, but more likely just help start making sense of what you are currently experiencing.

As Lion said,  It was Non Physical Reality Experience. Don't be quick to judge or question yet. Just wait until you have more of them under your belt to decide what it is.

It doesn't matter so much HOW you got to the nonphysical. You were there. So awesome. :)

Don't forget to have fun!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

enlightnd

Quote from: Lionheart on March 14, 2013, 02:51:16
I have had Lucid Dreams in on night where I lived a lifetime.

Thats incredible ! I would love to no more about this sometime.

Lionheart

Quote from: enlightnd on March 14, 2013, 07:56:36
Thats incredible ! I would love to no more about this sometime.
Ask and you shall recieve, that's the way it works around here!  :wink:

Here is an excerpt from a previous post of mine where I felt I lived a lifetime in one night. I saw myself aging in this scenario as well over a long period of time. Other people around me were as well.
"Last night I lived almost a lifetime in Thailand. I awoke 4 different times for real, just to be thrust back into my dream again. I thought it was a retrieval, because it started in an area of immense floods, but through it all I saw changes in myself. In my weight, my health, my overall persona. Normally upon awakening with dream recall I immediately grab my book and write down everything. But I awoke 3 different times during this dream, I decided I was too lazy and would do it later. This is usually a fatal mistake with dream recall, for that would normally kill any memories of the event that I had. But this time when I awoke again and again, I would just jump right back into the scene. It was incredibly vivid and I looked like I was aging at the end of it, so I must have lived this scene there for a considerable time span."
This was a scene where I was in Thailand with Mary Jo, there was immense flooding everywhere. We stayed to help for a while, but then Mary Jo had to go back home to the USA. I decided to stay and help the Thailand community with their clean up. I moved out of my motel into the home of a young Thai woman. I would go out to clean up and help during the day, then return back to her home at night, where she would feed me fantastic meals and I would attempt to learn the Thai language. She would also give me soothing massages every night. There were a couple of younger guys in the small town that didn't like the fact that I was living with her, because I wasn't Thai and because they were jealous. So there were a couple of confrontations through the time I was there. We cleaned up the damage from the  floods and then for some reason I stayed there. Years had passed now and I was growing old like the rest of people around me. But, now I was respected as part of the community. It was really weird watching the years pass by, I think that time changed everytime I had one of my brief real awakenings. I would return back to the same town, same people, same scene, but we would all be older. It was surreal. But also very healing. I felt excellent when I had finally awoken the next morning.

enlightnd

Love it, That's Awesome Lionheart ! You have such great stories to tell from your experiences, And very nice of you to help them out after the floods :wink:  Do you think you could actually learn a language in the NP like you were and be able to recite it in the physical ? I just wonder if it was real indonesian you were being taught, Either way its all very cool.
It would have been Very strange watching the years go by and seeing yourself older haha.

Thanks for sharing.  :-)

Lionheart

It was somewhere in Northern Thailand and the language was Thai.

At first I was stumbling around trying to "mime" what I wished to say.

But after years of being there I learned the language. That's when I was earned their respect and was welcomed into the village.

Everyone helped me along the way though, they could see that I was trying to learn and communicate.

mikel105

@It's_All_Bad  You'd be surprised.The sad part is, no teacher has really helped with my grammar. Hell, I'm failing English xD. But the main way I learned good grammar, was back when I was 12, on Astral Viewers. Everyone had such nice grammar, and my young self was at the rate of " hi i ned to lern ". But I taught myself. At first I capitalized every letter, Like This. Then I just learned. I see a few familiar faces from Astral Viewers actually, glad to see you guys :D. On the Hallucinogens, it was after an extreme depression I believe, I started heavily smoking weed. Then Spiraled into the hallucinatory drugs among others. But I completely agree, And I've had my fair share of exploration for good now.  My girlfriend is all the happiness I need. But thanks for the advice! Cheers!   :wink:

@Soarin12 Haha, well it's all about your mindset really. If you're in a very peaceful and observant mood, they won't really disturb you as much. I usually get a surge of happiness when I see or experience them actually, because it makes me feel like iv'e progressed, and usually I make humor out of the situation or ignore them completely. Just keep your focus on your goal of achievement and they won't really get to you as much. Another reason they don't get to me though, is probably due to life experience. For example, Iv'e hallucinated seeing the girl from the grudge crawling at me, A man with a pig mask staring at me from the woods, little children, snakes and skeletons alike. I never really had any bad trips, because I just laughed it off, knowing it was fake and just staying calm. Hell I've had a close friend who was really tripping point a gun at me, then himself. The main goal is, remain calm and just let it pass, even find relaxation out of it. Good luck! :D

@Lionheart Thanks a ton man! Those " Sign posts " Are really intriguing, very well written guide! I've been exploring the site a bit, and once I have time I'll fully dedicate myself to expanding that road. Rather interesting experience by the way.

Well thanks for your advice guys! I had one more question though, if that's okay xD. The falling sensation, any more on this? For example, it'll happen sometimes after the hypnagogic step, or like recently, I'll be in a lucid dream and all of a sudden get really confused. Like I was in a bar, just lounging with friends, and all of a sudden I noticed not that I was dreaming, but that I was in a bar. And it became lucid in the fact of the matter that I thought it was real. So then I started questioning it and thought, " Maybe I'll test if this is real by falling backwards, if I hit my head, it's real. " So I just let myself fall backwards then right away got a very big falling sensation and woke up. Thanks again for your help!

Lionheart

Quote from: mikel105 on March 19, 2013, 22:38:21
Well thanks for your advice guys! I had one more question though, if that's okay xD. The falling sensation, any more on this? For example, it'll happen sometimes after the hypnagogic step, or like recently, I'll be in a lucid dream and all of a sudden get really confused. Like I was in a bar, just lounging with friends, and all of a sudden I noticed not that I was dreaming, but that I was in a bar. And it became lucid in the fact of the matter that I thought it was real. So then I started questioning it and thought, " Maybe I'll test if this is real by falling backwards, if I hit my head, it's real. " So I just let myself fall backwards then right away got a very big falling sensation and woke up. Thanks again for your help!

Hello again John!  :-)

The "falling sensation" has been reported by many and used as an actual OBE attempt. I just take it as one of the many "sign posts" of the NPR. Yesterday in a Phase Session, I had the feeling of shrinking/contracting. I felt my whole body turning inward, that gave new meaning to the term "focus within", lol.

When I first began Phasing consciously aware. I would mess around with the visual of climbing down a flight of stairs. I also used the Elevator technique quite a bit, whereas you start on a high floor, let's say the 20th. Then you would watch as the elevator decent decreased number by number. You would even stop at every 5th floor to let people out and get new passengers. Once you hit the 1st floor, everyone would get out but you. You would then descend to the Basement Level where you would get out as well.

By the time you did this whole procedure, you were normally seeing that 3D/depth zone/darkness, whatever people want to call it.

You could also equate it with the terms "falling asleep" or "falling into a dream". But not falling out of bed, lol, unfortunately that one really happens here!  :-D

Who knows we might have to fall too when we are shifting back.