News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

~* Ketamine*~

Previous topic - Next topic

Greytraveller

Ketamine Can cause OBEs. I have read several reports about spontaneous (and unplanned) projections while on K at the www.erowid.org website.
There was one report in particular that I vaguely remember. The title was something like 'K works on Kids" (by a someone named Brian). He was given ketamine as an anaethestic (sp) during a visit to the dentists. While still awake in the dentists chair he simultaneously was floating up near the ceiling. He saw his physical body and the dentist working on him.
Note. Erowid is an excellant source of information (safe doses, dangerous combos, etc). There are other OBE-psychedelic 'trip'  reports at erowid (not only on ketamine but also LSD, datura, DXM and DMT)

Allanon

Wow!!!! That is amazing, I have had that same EXACT experience man. But this was using a fungal friend of mine, not Ketamine. I would look at myself in the mirror and I would see like another entity superimposed over my body. It has a strange milky look to it, almost reptilian in some ways. I would just stare at the center of my head for like five minutes and I could actually see this entity moving around and changing its shpae on my face!!! It will scare the living hell out of you but I have had this expereince many times and I am still not sure what to make out of it. One thing I can say is that the enitity does not seemt to be too freindly. Almost evil. Like it isangry that it cannot just jump across the physical boundry and be inside you for good. Very sobering experience to say the least!!!

hunnismurf

OK I feel kind of silly posting this but it happened a while ago and I haven't had any insight from anyone experienced with the topic of OBEs....

My best friend and I were doing Ketamine one night over last summer and I went into his bathroom , closed the door,and looked at myself in the mirror and started talking to myself and it was like I was talking to the person INSIDE of me.....and I couldn't tear myself away from it...it was actually kinda scary.  So then he knocks on the door and I pulled him into the bathroom with me and stood there gripping his hands and we're both convinced I pulled him out of his body.   We both felt this wind type pull and it was SOOOO strong...we were surrounded by white light , very fuzzy bright white light....I kept saying weird things over and over to him.....like  "do you feel that??  that's our energy....do you feel how much power that is".....and he says he felt completely paralyzed and taken over by me and the pull was so strong.......It was like I was holding onto him so strong because there was this crazy winded pull...I am a firm believer in the power of energy but I'd never really done any rituals or anything leading up to something of this magnitude.

I'm not crazy....I'm not a drug addict and the truth is we didn't even do that much.  But this was a completely shared experience and after it happened we were both so scared and blown away by what had happened...I was crying and everytime we'd come near each other it was like electric and I kept telling him over and over to NEVERRRR forget what had happened...."you were there too, you remember right? don't forget, don't ever forget..."    

I mean , we've had connections with each other but this was just sooooooo incredibly powerful.....Our bodies were in that bathroom but we were someplace very very different.  

I've heard that Ketamine can cause experiences...but I'm not really sure about any of this.......but I do know that what happened really happened.....we were there....Prior to this he didn't believe nor had ever thought about anything paranormal......but I drilled it in over and over DONT FORGET that place, don't ever forget this happened....

Someone PLEASE OH PLEASE give me some insight !!!  Any information about my experience and how I can maybe attain further experiences would be great.......after this we've had a couple of occasions where we've connected really strongly......I'm ready to explore the possibility of maybe making this happen again....Up until now I was honestly terrified......it was powerful.

anoceanofjoy

I had exactly the same thing happen to me on ketaminee, even down to those exact words...saying to my friend

"Don't forget, you were there too, never ever forget."  Most people who go into a k-hole experience the exact same thing.  It was like we were twisting around in a time loop and we'd fallen through the fabric of this reality to the machinary that underpins this plane.  Some describe it was being in like a robotic cartooniverse.  It's a very uncomfortable feeling like you're being twisted and thrown about on some kind of massive conveyor belt.  Does that sound like what happened to you?

Do you remember much, I know you posted that message a long time ago.

personalreality

be awesome.

Eyyoshi

Shortcut to projecting?

I heard drugs make you lose control in the astral.

personalreality

i would say that the difference is that in natural AP you are doing it.  with artificially induced obes it's happening to you.
be awesome.

missym

I'm sure it can happen, but the way it sounds is you are encouraging people to take this drug to help induce an OBE.
IMO the reason you can have OBE's and you can 'sense' things that you cannot while in a natural state of being, is because drugs temporarily/permanently poison your physical body, giving you a 'looser' grasp on this reality and therefore allowing you to slip into the Astral or RTZ easier, and being able to see into them aswell.

Plus, drugs can cause you to hallucinate and they affect your state of mind, how could you even know for sure if you're Astral projecting or if you're just tripping out ? (Obv not in this case, but in most)
I'm sorry if I sound like an a-hole, I just don't want young readers who are struggling trying to AP with no luck to think they can take this drug and it'll help them.
Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.

Yin

nah, it'll only destroy them.

personalreality

just because the medical field calls it a hallucination doesn't mean that's what it is. 

they call the visions we have in the hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.  i think we are seeing into the astral in those experiences.

so why can't drug induced "hallucinations" be visions of the astral?

i don't mean to condone drug use.  just saying.
be awesome.

Greytraveller

Greetings everybody

A quick word about my personal feelings about mind altering substances. Like may people I tend to divide mind alterants into two categories. One is recreational substances (including weed, cocaine, heroin and almost all prescription medications). The other type is shamanic substances and this includes ayahuasca, mushrooms and peyote. Of course the set and setting are Always Very important and shamanic substances can be used recreationally and vice versa.
Regarding Ketamine. I consider K to be a recreation drug that is basically not suited for shamanic usage. The OBEs that have been reported by people using K were accidents, unplanned and unexpected. So I recommend that a person NOT use ketamine to try to achieve an OBE. It is unlikely to work in that regard and using drugs in general is most likely to obstruct or slow one's spiritual advancement.

Regards  8-)
Grey

anoceanofjoy

I agree completely with Ayyoshi.
QuoteShortcut to projecting? I heard drugs make you lose control in the astral

And with regards to Ketamine it should definitely not be used to induce an OBE - take it from someone who did do it by accident, you absolutely lose control in the Astral realm, and in a very very big way.  My experience really scarred me deeply until I began researching and trying to make sense of it.  I'm glad I've stumbled upon this site, I find it quite addictive reading about experiences with our divine source, it's nice to know there are natural ways I can deepen my understanding of the astral realm.  I plan to put a lot of what I've read into practice

Also to add onto what Grey Traveller was saying I also think the use of shamanic plants to access the astral realms is a very interesting point of discussion - although I would be pretty scared to try them myself.  With regards to hallucinations, I have been having a very interesting discussion on Lycaeum Forums about Datura - a very toxic weed that produces hallucinations that are so real, users are literally unable to tell the difference between the hallucination and reality

QuoteJust because the medical field calls it a hallucination doesn't mean that's what it is.  they call the visions we have in the hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.  i think we are seeing into the astral in those experiences
For example, people on Datura experience exactly the same types of hallucinations - right down to the most incredible detail.  I have read about 100 different accounts, and nearly all of them include hallucinatory experiences that simply could not be coincidences.  For example most users at some point imagine that they're smoking fake cigarettes which they keep dropping and losing.  This occurs even if the person using the Datura doesn't actually smoke in real life.  I can't believe scientists don't investigate this.  Imagine if we all woke up one morning only to discover that we had all had exactly the same dream the night before!! This is a huge discovery, but the use of the Datura plant is so underground that it hasn't been investigated by experts yet.  Some people believe that the spirit of Datura is an evil spirit which was trapped in a plant and that the spirit's power is that it forges multiple realities, meaning that people who ingest the plant seamlessly move from one reality to another - like changing channels on a television (only you don't have the remote).  It certainly brings into question the idea that hallucinations should just be dismissed as irrelevant disturbances of the mind.  Mankind knows nothing about where they come from, how the brain forms them, and how the narratives are constructed.

I should just say now Datura is an extremely noxious plant, and should NEVER be ingested for any reason.  Almost all the people who try it express a sincere regret for doing so.  Especially because many of them end up in the ER.

That said...here's my post on the Lycaeum Forum which is being discussed at the moment. A word of warning, it is not for the faint hearted. Also sorry to offend anybody who feels uncomfortable talking about entheogens, but I think they have a legitimate place when discussing hallucinations and the astral.

http://forums.lycaeum.org/index.php/topic,29788.0.html

mon9999

If only there is an OBE drug exclusive only and has no side effects!  :-D

personalreality

there is, it's called DMT and your brain makes it.
be awesome.

anoceanofjoy

It would be good to have a forum devoted to entheogens so they could be discussed in an astral context. 

personalreality

I was barking up that tree in my moon landing thread. 

I proposed a conspiracy board (as I do believe there are conspiracy elements relevant to the astral).

Stookie set me straight though.  If they make a conspiracy board, they'll have to make a drug board and a UFO board, etc etc etc.

And while I think there are some very real parallels between entheogenic exploration and astral exploration, it's just not the primary subject matter of the forum and adding that board would just cause this place to spiral out of control.  We would start to attract a lot of people that aren't the slightest bit interested in AP, but just wanna come here and troll about UFOs. 

Plus, the few active mods are already having to deal with the whole of AP by themselves, making it that much bigger and attracting "those" kind of people could just be tooo much.
be awesome.

willowthewisp

Yeah Ketamine, i also had a very weird experience while on K. It was 7 or 8 years ago, and at the time i knew nothing about AP and all that. I was at a friend's place and it was the first (and only) time i tried it out. The effect was quick but didn't last a lot about 20-30min. I didn't see my body from an external point of view nor did i separate, i was still looking through my eyes, but i had no control over my body, i mean none whatsoever! It wasn't paralysis either, cause i remember my body walking around the place while i was a mere spectator. My body wandered for a couple of minutes then sat back. It was so weird cause i was aware of everything while it was happening, my physical body was drugged but my mind didn't seem to be affected. I was even able to speak to my friend while my body was walking, and i could see the surroundings very clearly. It was like nothing i experienced before, or since...