First time Astral Projector

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemibub

Over the past week I've been meditating atleast once a day to build myself up to Astral Travel. But, being new to this I don't know exactly what I experienced.

I was deep into meditation when suddenly in my mind I was a glowing triangle with nothing up deep space inside it. After that I felt a numbness/and/heaviness of my body. I feel as if I would have gone into the triangle if something in my room hadn't fallen and awoken me.

Is this part of astral travel?

Chris J.

It sounds you were experiencing hypnagogia. In hypnagogia, you should expect to see and hear weird things like that. Some people also hear loud bangs, like what you heard, while in hypnagogia.

QuoteIs this part of astral travel?

That is the very beginning of it. From there, to have an OBE, do a rundown/exit technique, observe what is going on, or do whatever it is you were doing.

Jemibub

The loud noise was actually something in my room falling. I WISH it had been part of the process but something always falls when the air conditioning kicks on.

Thanks for the response. It was really eating at my curiosity.

Xanth

Quote from: Jemibub on September 01, 2010, 00:03:14
Over the past week I've been meditating atleast once a day to build myself up to Astral Travel. But, being new to this I don't know exactly what I experienced.

I was deep into meditation when suddenly in my mind I was a glowing triangle with nothing up deep space inside it. After that I felt a numbness/and/heaviness of my body. I feel as if I would have gone into the triangle if something in my room hadn't fallen and awoken me.

Is this part of astral travel?
I think you were starting to hit upon Focus 10 (also called Mind Awake/Body Asleep and the Trance state).

Quote from: Jemibub on September 01, 2010, 08:28:35
The loud noise was actually something in my room falling. I WISH it had been part of the process but something always falls when the air conditioning kicks on.

Thanks for the response. It was really eating at my curiosity.
Did you actually SEE something fall?  Do you know exactly what it was that fell?
If you couldn't find anything that fell, then that was a hypnogogic sound.
I've heard, what can only be described as gunshots in the room I'm practicing in... scare the crap outta me. 

Jemibub

I have a painter's mannequin/doll/figure in the direct line of the air vent. I'm not saying the sound WASN'T hypnagogia. It's just that something happened in the physical realm that could out rule it.

Also ... I think, a few days ago, I was astral projecting right before I woke up from sleep. I had forgotten to take off my necklace with an amethyst stone on it before I went to bed. I don't remember much of my "dream" but what I do remember is being over the earth as a ball of light and a light source in the distance. The light source was like a black hole except blinding white light. I wondered what it'd be like to travel to and through the light. But, as I thought that the crystal started to vibrate, pulse, and hum. Sending me back to the waking world.