Kids say the darndest things

Previous topic - Next topic

Psilibus

Couple days ago the youngest of my three, eleven brilliant years old, told me she had just awoke from a "scary dream". I asked if she remembered it. She told me she dreamed that she got out of her bed and went to her bedroom door. She said the door was slightly open and when she reached to open it further it suddenly slammed shut. She said this scared her and she looked back to her bed and saw the covers moving and someone was in her bed that "looked like her". She said it scared her so much she "woke up".

I told her it sounded like she had an out of body experience. She said she didn't want to do it again :-(

Anyone else with children or know of kids who have related similar tales? 

Xanth

Doesn't really surprise me much.
Until society gets their hands on our children... our kids are really gifted metaphysically.

However, at 11... that "societal conditioning" should have already been firmly in place.
You should provide her with some literature... let her read up on this stuff at her own pace and just be 100% sure to mention that if she has any questions that she comes to you and only you.  :)

~Ryan

Psilibus

No Xanth I didn't mean this was a surprise to me. Not really, I WAS happy to hear it though. For parents who are not experienced in matters such as AP, etc. this would have fallen on deaf ears I'm sure.

All of my children have been forced to grow up around a metaphysically bound father who insists on conditioning them with art and literature. They all read, do their own art, appreciate their own music choices and are free to express their feelings and imagination. Of course, I had all of this planned before the first was born. I do not believe in enforcing my beliefs on them but I certainly guide them when the opportunity shows itself. This was one such opportunity.

This was just one example of many such experiences my children have had. My oldest is 19 and the stories I can tell about him!
Just curious if there are any other parents/aunts/uncles/sibs around young ones who have heard such tales  :-)

Xanth

Quote from: Psilibus on May 12, 2010, 09:57:25
No Xanth I didn't mean this was a surprise to me. Not really, I WAS happy to hear it though. For parents who are not experienced in matters such as AP, etc. this would have fallen on deaf ears I'm sure.
To be fair, I said it didn't surprise "ME" much.  :)

QuoteAll of my children have been forced to grow up around a metaphysically bound father who insists on conditioning them with art and literature. They all read, do their own art, appreciate their own music choices and are free to express their feelings and imagination. Of course, I had all of this planned before the first was born. I do not believe in enforcing my beliefs on them but I certainly guide them when the opportunity shows itself. This was one such opportunity.

This was just one example of many such experiences my children have had. My oldest is 19 and the stories I can tell about him!
Just curious if there are any other parents/aunts/uncles/sibs around young ones who have heard such tales  :-)
It's great to see this stuff spontaneously happening to kids.
It does kind of suck that the experience frightened her though.
This is where Daddy-Psi swoops down and saves the day!

I envy your task ahead.  ;)

~Ryan

Psilibus

I'm sure it didn't surprise you!  :wink:

Yes I did swoop down. What is interesting is that my children know of my experiences and also have been attentive to my recent interest in this website. I believe in teaching gently. This was a prime "opportunity".

As an aside - when my son was three he explained he had been a "different boy". Quite out of the blue he told me he was a ten year old boy who "got shot in the stomach and died". Then he said he was "happy" he was a "new boy". At the time I wondered if he had seen some type of violence on TV or something but it just couldn't have been the case. I was raised with the belief in reincarnation and of course considered this. He doesn't remember this now, 16 years later.

Xanth

Yeah, that definitely sounds like remembering some kind of alternate Focus 1 experience.

CFTraveler

Yep, my 13 year old has been projecting since he was around eightish.

Psilibus

CFTraveler

That link was to four years ago! Yeah, I am amazed at seeing the discussions that have taken place here. Things I would have loved to participate in.

I have never TAUGHT my children to project per se. I have told them about it to determine the level of interest and give them an understanding. My son is the only one so far who really thinks it is a worthy task to employ. My younger ones just think Dad is kinda crazy. Oh well, at least they are right about that!

In this post I was hoping to here of first time stories as I wrote. Hoping...

Naykid

Kids are awesome!!  I think that's great that you told her that it might have been an OBE.  My kids now, are 9, 16, and 18 and all of them have had some kind of experiences over their life. 

Interesting enough, several years ago my daughter had a experience that involved a little purple blob eating on her foot and I emailed Robert Bruce about it.  Nothing serious. whewww.  Just astral life. 

Now my oldest is starting to get into dreams, meditation, etc.  We started talking about some old dreams the other day and we swear we've had some of the same dreams. My youngest started seeing some man about..geez around six years ago.  That used to creep me out a bit.  I have a dressing area in my bedroom and one night he came into our room, was startled and looked towards the dressing room and said...."oh, it's just you".  He stopped talking about this guy around five years ago, so it didn't last long.  I never saw nor felt any presence when he did.  He doesn't remember a thing about it now.   

It really brings you closer to your kids, well, at least for me it did!  I'm blessed to have the kids I have.  They pretty much rock!

Psilibus

Naykid-

I wonder if there is some genetic propensity for projection. I talk with many people who not only never experienced anything like projection but don't even remember their dreams.

The opportunity for our children to have that expanded awareness is awesome with possibilities. I like to hope that mankind will see through its foibles and become more enlightened through the ages. Our children are the nest step toward that goal for sure.

Great to hear from you. You must have a very nice family.

Naykid

My husband rarely, and I mean rarely remembers dreams, but the ones he does recall are well worth it.  We both had the same dream of being in a storm once. We woke up that morning and I starting telling my dream and he stopped me and continued it.  He also had a dream of his deceased Great Grandmother, and in the dream she hugged me.  I later had a dream of being at a house and described it to him and he swears that was his Grandmother's home.  I've done the same thing with my mother when I was around 12yrs., with one dream.

I've not consciously projected for over three years now.. well, except I tried  last week, and promptly fell asleep.  :lol:  I stopped looking for it, because it seemed I was having just as good experiences after going to sleep and really didn't need any big questions answered. 

I do have a great family, I'm really lucky to have kids that aren't all about i-pods and shoes.  Don't get me wrong, they're still kids, just a little more grounded I think.  I also have to thank my dysfunctional childhood, for helping learn how I did not want to be towards my children.  Wonderfully Zen my friends like to say. lol

Selea

I've read what you told me to, Psilibus, but yet you don't grasp what I'm saying.

We are talking here about children that while having "experiences" they are not trained in them. While a child can make wonderwul things, s/he must still be directed some way if you want to have clear results. Take for example chess, or music, or whatever form. Naturally every children can have a predisposition, but if this last is not nortured it will not come to any fruit.

Problem with AP or OBEs is that adults commonly don't know anything about them nor care about them, and in the majority of cases on the contrary if the child begins to experience something they will just give him/her psychiatric treatment (or better discard it fully as fantasy).

My "objective truth" in regard to the previous post was addressed instead to a child that has been trained a little in the field. In fact you quoted the term objective on the dictionary but yet you didn't look to well at a definition it seems, namely:

"b. Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal."

I wrote:
"Still this is an OBJECTVIE truth that anyone can ascertain for themselves." (talking about how a child - trained - APPROACHES this experience).

So, you see, an objective truth. Naturally this objective truth could be too difficult for you to ascertain because you maybe don't have the means to do so, however it stil exists, either if you don't believe me. In fact I usually prefer people not believing me. However, as I said, this does't change a thing.

Psilibus

Selea -

I'm glad you followed me here. This was a thread started by me about children and their supposed projections. You are responding to me here from another thread and I am glad of that. I had hoped for someone to post something here that was topical though.

My children ARE nurtured to have higher insight. I DO encourage them to proceed beyond the veil. "Training" is not necessary and is probably the worst thing you could do. You are not a parent, apparently, or you would know that. Children grow into their own. No amount of AP training will get them there. It is of their own accord. I was simply stating here that I was helping them keep the door open. Giving them ideas to build on.

You say I don't "grasp" what you are saying. That may be because you are obviously not a native English speaker or your argument would make sense. Either use spell check and think about what you are saying first or don't say anything at all. If you are not a native English speaker then will try to decode your tangential approach. I will not waste my time anymore though.

If a child is projecting, you cannot observe this. Period. It is not "observable phenomena". If they tell you something which sounds like they did, that is SUBJECTIVE. They cannot present it "factually" because there is no evidence other than their report, which is "subjective". Doesn't count, that is not "objective". I will not argue about this linguistic dilemma because you obviously don't understand. Study philosophy or go to college and take a class or two.

There is ONLY objective truth. The rest is subjective. As for as the rest, I don't require any "belief" of what YOU say. And, you are right it "doesn't change a thing".

I apologize for not understanding what you are saying. You make no sense logically and I can't even form a realistic argument against what you are saying because it does not hold to rational debate.

Thanks for reading my post. Would have been nice to see an appropriate response though.  :-)

personalreality

my 6 year old tells me about projections all the time.

...lol
be awesome.

ZHaDuM

LoL, I think most children go though a phase where they are in a very good mental position to begin learning and exploring higher levels of consciousness, It is a shame so many parents fail them at this critical time by not encouraging or explaining to them rationally what is going on either due to ignorance or inability. 

Have more faith in our children and try to be mature enough to not make personal attacks against everyone who disagrees with you. 

astralization

Quote from: Xanth on May 12, 2010, 09:17:14
Doesn't really surprise me much.
Until society gets their hands on our children... our kids are really gifted metaphysically.

However, at 11... that "societal conditioning" should have already been firmly in place.
You should provide her with some literature... let her read up on this stuff at her own pace and just be 100% sure to mention that if she has any questions that she comes to you and only you.  :)

~Ryan

That's true, I'm 16 and I've slowly been taken away of my metaphysical abilities. Had I found out about this when I was really young it would of never happened. Now I have to rebuild this giant "card tower" that society has blew away from me. It's fragile.

personalreality

Even if you knew it then it wouldn't have made much sense.  What you understand now is based in logic and reason.

It takes your parental figures to get a kid going right.  They have to instill the perception of reality that includes the non-physical from birth.  You couldn't have done anything about it.
be awesome.