Last Night's OBE/Dream hybrid ... recurring themes

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Do you think my wife is REALLY THERE in my experience, or am I projecting her from myself (like dream people)?

This happens to me a lot with family members, where I see them and interact with them, even though I know that they're not physically there at the time of my OBE.  I just addressed this issue yesterday in the following thread, in case you would like to read my thoughts on why this happens:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2629

quote:

Could I be interacting with her Astral Self or Dreaming body?

Yes to both.  As I explained in the previous thread, I believe that we're all multidimensional beings.  There are many aspects and facets to each of us.  There is a high probability that you were interacting with your wife, just on a different level which won't make sense to your logical thinking mind.

quote:

What are you thoughts about the various recurring theme(s)?

My thoughts are numerous on this topic.  One of my recurring themes is that I find myself in my childhood home.  I think this (and other recurring themes) are due to a lack of INTENT when we project.

For example, many of my projections occur spontaneously, after I have been asleep for awhile.  Usually at this point, you don't expect to astral project, but you find yourself doing it, as if you were on autopilot.  Usually, when that happens, you haven't had sufficient time to instill a proper intent to go somewhere, so you just naturally gravitate to what is meaningful to you.  In my case, I always seem to retreat back to my childhood home, since that's where all my fond & innocent memories were from being a kid and playing with all my toys.

So you see, without a strong intent, your astral body will naturally gravitate towards environments and situations that it's more interested in.

Another thing to consider....sometimes we are faced with recurring events as TESTS.  For example, you may have a recurring them of always interacting with a stranger in a park who seems lost.  After a while, you may realize that your goal is not to show off to him about how you can jump higher than a tree, but instead, you might be there to help him find his way.  After you complete that task, you may find that this recurring theme is no longer an issue!

For the longest time, one of my recurring themes was to project, find my mom in the house, and then interact with her to see if she could tell that I was projecting or not.  You see, my mom is a very strict born again Christian, and she thinks these are of the devil.  So subconsciously, my intent was preprogrammed to find her and interact in case I didn't give myself another INTENT to go on.  

Think of it like a pilot.  When he is in control, he can choose to fly to Mexico, Spain, or France.  But when he releases control, the plane goes on autopilot and flies where it was preprogrammed to go.  One of your preprograms is to talk to your wife and get her to talk to you about your projection.  If you take control and give yourself another INTENT, then you'll find yourself doing something different.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

ralphm

Great, more dream/obe hybrids! I don't think there is much to said objectively about them!

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Tisha

Hi!  I think that once we accept that reality is subjective - - - that there is no such thing as objective reality except for what one or two or more people agree on at any given time - - - - then we are free to TOTALLY give up our worries about "is it real/dream/OBE?"  I  think we're dreaming all the time.  Many might disagree with my approach to consciousness, but I tell ya!  It has sure brought me a lot of peace.

Amcturbo, one thing I have to say about interacting with your wife while she's dreaming/OBEing - - - should at any time she actually become lucid, she might freak out in a MAJOR way.    You might want to do it, just to shake up her sense of reality, but if she or her senses are very delicate you/she might be better off to just leave it alone.

ANYWAY!  Great experience.  I dream about my childhood home all the time.  Most of the time, I am rehabbing it in some way, rebuilding walls, landscaping, putting in a pool, and often buying it back.  Since I had a sad childhood, I consider most of my recent home-dreams to be healing in nature.

I think a "recurring dreams post" would be cool - - - perhaps in the lucid dreaming section on this website. We could all talk about our "childhood home,"  "college exams" and "buck naked" dreams.  Hoo haa!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

amcturbo

Jeff,
Yes, I reviewed your other thread ideas on *being* multi-dimensional.  Interesting and from experiences I've had so far, I have to agree.  I've interacted with my wife and our neighbor in the Astral, multiple times, with *clues* that the experiences ARE more REAL than dreams.  It just dawned on me that those experiences tell me a whole lot more about my wife's and my neighbor's inner selves, than they show on the outside (especially the neighbor).

I also agree with you on the INTENT factor.

Ralphm,
So, you too have dream/obe hybrids!

Tisha,
I would really love for my wife to become Lucid during one of these experiences, or get her Consciously REMEMBER the experience when she wakes up!  In order for me to *really do that* I need to gain better control and awareness during my projections ... on a consistent basis.

A recurring dream posting would be fun!

Take care, all!

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

Windameir

My two cents,
Just remember ...As you think so shall it be... so if you think your wife is gonna be there she will, or at least a "representation" of her will. Since she has no recall of the episode maybe you are influencing your surroundings by your wishes.

Happy Travels
Windameir

Meg

And congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Meg

"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson
"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson

http://journeytothecentre.blogspot.com

amcturbo

quote:
Originally posted by Windameir:
My two cents,
Just remember ...As you think so shall it be... so if you think your wife is gonna be there she will, or at least a "representation" of her will. Since she has no recall of the episode maybe you are influencing your surroundings by your wishes.

Happy Travels
Windameir

So true, Windamier, so true!  I haven't made it a priority to *contact* my wife while Projecting, and with the *responses* I get from *her* in the Astral, I am about 75% sure that I'm not *wishing* a *facsimilie* of her to appear.  Mostly, my INTENT in projecting is the contact a best friend, who knows that I project.  Other times, I'm INTENT on visiting Focus 27.

I'm sure as I progress along this "Road less travelled" and gain higher mental awareness and controlled emotional output, as well as focused Intent while OBE, I'll be able to make much better *contact* with my wife, as well as with others ... of course, then there are those whom I would prefer to avoid *contact* with in the Astral.

Cheers!

Donna

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha:

I think a "recurring dreams post" would be cool - - - perhaps in the lucid dreaming section on this website. We could all talk about our "childhood home,"  "college exams" and "buck naked" dreams.  Hoo haa!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"

Hi Tisha,
Really cool idea. I have had so many recurring lucid dreams over the years. When I began phasing, I found that these places and people where really there, and I could visit during travels. Often as soon as I pass the "null" point of phasing I will "find" myself "there" with new and different situations abounding.
Donna

amcturbo

I haven't had any really good projections for about 3-weeks, due to the birth of our newborn daughter ... until last night.  Here's the OBE/Dream hybrid, with questions to follow.  Keep in mind this experience had no conscious awareness ... just conscious recall of the experience, this AM.

My wife gets up out of bed (astrally) and walks to the kitchen, so I immediately think to OBE and follow her.  I OBE by sitting up and onto the side of the bed, then exiting the room and walking down the hallway to meet her in the kitchen.  By this time, our house has changed to be my parents house I grew up in (recurring theme).  My wife is doing something at the sink, so I *attempt* verbal communication and she can hear me in the astral (recurring theme).  I then decide to increase my light radiation, illuminating my body with a white glow that originates from within ... and she can see me (recurring theme).  The glowing part is great ... 1st time I'd tried that!  My wife is nervous/anxious/semi-frightened about her seeing/hearing me astrally (recurring theme) and she won't describe what I look like OBE, even when I repeatedly ask her "What do you see?!  What do I look like?!"

I have had multiple OBE/Dream hybrids where I have interacted with my wife, or an aspect of her *self*.  Most times, she can see/hear/feel me.  Sometimes, she is *scared* or *unnerved* by the experience.  Upon waking, I have discussed some of these experiences with my wife ... and she can not recall anything of them ... if she is indeed ACTUALLY involved in them.  In waking consciousness, my wife is uncomfortable with me OBEing, due to lack of knowledge/experience of the OBE event and the possibility of encounters with demons in the spiritual realms.  Being a logical/analytical person, she's also unconvinced YET that I am having more than a "dream", yet open to the possibility.

So, now for some questions.

Do you think my wife is REALLY THERE in my experience, or am I projecting her from myself (like dream people)?

Could I be interacting with her Astral Self or Dreaming body?

What are you thoughts about the various recurring theme(s)?

What observations do you have about these experiences that would give me an objective OUTSIDERS point-of-view ... possible dream/obe interpretation?

Thank you for your responses!

Cheers!