List your RTZ experiences here!!

Previous topic - Next topic

LotusLegs

Members,

Please list your RTZ experiences, or any other experiences, that you feel are proof of Astral Projection.

Many of us are doubtful that Astral Projection is simply Lucid Dreaming where the spirit does not exit the body.

I always leave a little room for doubt, but I'd love to hear about more RTZ projections.
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka

Redmond

I've had lucid dreams since I was about eighteen years old.  Although I started having nightmares at about fifteen involving malicious 'zombie like' entities that I now understand where related to my lucid dreams and subsequent out of body experiences.    I've never really studied the phenomena nor do use any type of meditation techniques to achieve lucidity in my dreams (which will often lead to an obe).  It is just something that happens to me.  Well I thought I'd start by sharing my first true out of body experience with you...

The year was 1992 and I was 22 at the time.  Although I'd been having lucid dreams for several years, I didn't know the term and wasn't aware that other people had them as well.  I certainly didn't know what an out of body experience was.  I went to sleep one night and started having a normal dream.  In my dream I was taking a correspondence course in meteorology.  I was in my bedroom lying in bed with a textbook open and was following a videotape that came with the course.  In the video Michel J. Fox was demonstrating how to present a weather forecast using a 'blue screen' style weather map.  There was a major cold front approaching the eastern seaboard of the United States.  Michel was saying ... "this cold front is gonna' swoooop through" he paused and continued with the lesson "now you have to make a gesture showing the movement of the storm – it's gonna' swoooop through...." As he made the swooping gesture the second time I fell asleep (in my dream).

At this point I found myself in a lush forest someplace far away (Asia perhaps) floating above the right shoulder of a man.  The man was in a torrential downpour and was wearing dark green rain garments such as the type police or military personnel use.  He was very high in a tree stand near a tall but narrow dam made of bamboo that crossed a deep ravine.  The dam was overflowing with water and about to break.  There was a simple flood gate mechanism – a wooden lever in the tree stand was attached to a length of twine threaded through a series of pulleys leading to the gate in the center of the dam.  The twine however, was broken.  The man was futilely attempting to reach out to the floodgate using a long bamboo pole to get it open.  I got the distinct impression that if he didn't succeed, his village downstream would be washed away if and when the dam finally gave way.  Feeling the mans desperation I decided to take action.  I leapt into his body and took over.  As him, I jumped off the platform and swung the bamboo pole toward the flood gate.  Once inside the man's body however, the laws of physics took over.  I missed completely and man fell to his death.

I woke up and began thinking about the unusual dream I just had.  As I sat up in bed I moved my (still open) textbook off my lap and in doing so realized that I was still dreaming.  The meteorology text book was part of my original dream.  Once realizing that I had just woken up inside a dream I was excited –  eager to go fly around my neighborhood or perhaps fly into space and take a couple laps around the Earth.   But just as I got ready to shoot up through my ceiling I fell back into bed.  I was completely paralyzed.  I tried moving for a while, but couldn't.  I finally gave up trying, closed my eyes, and soon woke up once again.  I immediately sat up and looked around for the book.  It wasn't there.  I was just about to get up and go downstairs when I realized that my blinds where open (I never sleep with my blinds open).  Again I fell back in bed paralyzed.  When I woke up again (now for the third time) the book was gone and the blinds were closed, but the stereo was on (I never sleep with the stereo on).  Once again I fell back into bed paralyzed.  At this point I was getting very frustrated – this time I was going to get up.

I thrust myself upward with all my strength and willpower.  I was shocked to realize that I had just ripped my arms out of my body.  I was aware somehow that my physical arms where still at my sides, but my spirit arms (for lack of a better word) where bent at the elbow and pointing strait up toward the ceiling.  At the point where my spirit arms and my physical arms met (at the elbow) there was a powerful energy similar to electricity.  It was very painful.  My chest to was lifted from my body and was also surrounded by the painful energy.  As I began to float upward I could make out the contours of my body because I could feel myself passing through my own body heat.  My head was the last to separate.  It is nearly impossible to describe the sensation except to say that it was a disgusting feeling when my head finally jerked out of my skull.  I was being buffeted violently by the energy field that I was now on top of.  I was still rising, and soon could no longer feel the energy field below me.  This is when I began to get scared – very, very scared.  I didn't know if my body was still alive and I didn't know who I might be about to meet.  This is when I decided I'd had quite enough.  I clinched my fists and willed myself back into my body for all I was worth.

There was no mistaking the fact that I was really awake in real life this time.  My body weighed a ton and I could barely even breathe.  A few weeks later I was telling a friend about my experiences and he lent me one of his Time-Life books on the subject.  It had an essay written by Monroe.  Monroe's experiences seemed to match mine nearly exactly and I then knew what had happened to me.  Since then I've had many lucid dreams and out of body experiences, but never quite as painful or scary.  Recently I've decided to start training myself in some of the techniques available as, although they happen often, I usually wake up after only a minute or so.  If anyone has any suggestions on how I should proceed in training I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have.  

Thank you for your time...........Red.

kmD

Quote from: RedmondI was aware somehow that my physical arms where still at my sides, but my spirit arms (for lack of a better word) where bent at the elbow and pointing strait up toward the ceiling.

HAhahahah that is great stuff. I cant tell you how freaked out I was when I felt my conscious body separating from my physical in the same way.

If Im on my back, it starts with arms, in the same method.

If Im on my stomach, I tend to slip out through the bottoms of feet. Like i was syrup slipping out of a bottle that had tipped over.

LotusLegs

That's an awsome experience there.  The few lucid dreams I've had don't match up to that.

It seems very scary that you woke up time and time again in a dream.  That' freaks me out.  I can only hope that if I ever get into that kind of situation that I will keep my head on straight (not literally), and calmly try to go with the flow...

spooky

-Willy Wonka

Michael_E

I had just watched the Exorcist with some friends, i was completely freaked out, the movie ends like a tragedy, not really one with closure. My friends didnt really help much they were even more freaked out than me. I walked by the bedroom door where they were sleeping to hear them let out a terrible shreek, they thought i was a ghost. Needless to say i started rolling on the floor with laughter, the one who was screaming the loudest is a die hard sceptic when it come to ghosts and paranormal, and i think we are supposed to be men by now, it was pretty funny to hear guys in the early twenties full of testosterone shout out so because i walked by thier door on the way to the bathroom.I started falling asleep in my firends living room but was still a bit uneasy because of the movie. Quite often i have projections when i go to sleep feeling uneasy, and expected to have a projection last night.

so, as i lay on the couch, my eyes darting left and right at the slightest movement of a shadow i started dozing off. because of the uneasiness i was able to be well aware of myself dozing off and eventually felt the deep projection like trance kick in. I feel very little projection symptoms other than the trance and a very heavy sluggish movement of my rtz body. I am now only slightly oob and was reaching out towards things in my surroundings in anattempt to get out fully. Everything i tried didnt work i was very sluggish and in a drunken stooper. As i looked around for something to grab a hold of so i could pull myself out i was approached by a heavy set woman who sat down by my side and put the weight of herself on top of me making it even more difficult. I told her i didnt appreciate what she was doing, not so nicely though, and she didnt budge she just sat there and stared blankly at me. nothing i was doing was working to get her off so i resorted to ' in the name of jesus christ leave me, get behind me and never come back" she was gone immediately. i still felt like there was something weird in my surrounding so i repeated something like that agiain this time focusing intent on clearing the room. For some reason i cant remember  what it was that i exactally said but i got immediately more lucid and was able to pull myself out very easily by imagining a rope coming down from the ceiling and pulling my way up it(a la RB).

Once out there was some candy on the table that i picked up and ate, it tasted very good, the flavour was tasted in my whole body. I slid around the living room playing with momentum, smacking through walls and trying my best to refine it so there is not so much momentum. I flet a tug and very slightly woke up to the sensation of me moving my thumb, something i do when i am in sleep paralysis to wake myself up.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

LotusLegs

Wow Michael!  That's a pretty cool projection there.

I was most interested in what you said about having your OOBEs when you are "uneasy."  I'd like to hear more about that.  What kinds of uneasiness have you had OOBEs with?

Maybe I'll read the exorcist and try the same thing you did?

By the way, do you usually have OOBEs when you get to sleep late, or when you get to sleep earlier and getting a good night's sleep?

-Willy Wonka

Michael_E

Quote from: LotusLegsI was most interested in what you said about having your OOBEs when you are "uneasy."  I'd like to hear more about that.  What kinds of uneasiness have you had OOBEs with?

what i meant by feeling uneasy was basically just feeling a little spooked. The kind of feeling you get when reading a creepy book or watching a creepy movie right before going to sleep. I think it keeps the waking part of my mind awake a little more than usual which is why i can get the projections to happen.

QuoteMaybe I'll read the exorcist and try the same thing you did?

sure if you dont mind being spooked :P

QuoteBy the way, do you usually have OOBEs when you get to sleep late, or when you get to sleep earlier and getting a good night's sleep?

i project more often when im not tired, but there have been times when i was exhuasted when i was able to project. I project more often when well rested, at the onset of sleep and when tired, closer to around the times i normally wake up. The projections that occur when i am tired also tend to be more smooth and feel effortless, probably has to do with how physically relaxed i get when tired.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl