Looking for advice and input if anyone is willing

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepysean123

it seems that something is trying to communicate with you. or it may just be something of an effect that happens when OBEing. there are many strange motion effects that happen while have in an OBE. the one thing i can think of is that if it is something helping you out, that it would be your spiritual guide. it would be much easier to communicate with a spiritual guide in the astral plane if you have not met or even tried telepathically communicating with your guide. i have heard many people at school tell me that they felt pulling followed by strange voices. i hope that helped,
with much blahness,
Sean

Tenacious

Sleepy is right, many odd things happen.  The thing is, the effects are different for everyone I have ever seen post here.  The best advice I can tell you (since I have not AP'ed yet) is that I tell my self that nothing can harm me.  If you reassure yourself that you are completly safe, you will be relaxed.  Just ignore the "tugging" and go on about your business.  If someone is trying to communicate with you and they are trying to pull you out, once you're out, you can communicate with them freely.  However, it won't help you to ponder why it is happening to you, it's just best to accept that this will happen to you and to let go of it until you are free.  Good luck with your journeys and keep us updated!
-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

coral1

Hi Ransom

Welcome to the forum.I think what you experienced is simply your astal body wanting to separate from the physical.When you`re concious while this is taking place it can feel like something is tugging on you.This can be frightening but in my experience it`s a natural effect of the separation process.Next time it happens I suggest you relax into the vibrations and let yourself go.After you get a few concious exits under your belt any apprehension should disapear.

Happy Trails
coral1

Person

A few nights ago the same thing happened to me.  I was in a lucid dream enjoying myself, observing a vivid flower I crossed by (went to a hobby store earlier in the week...) and touched it to see how real the texture would feel.  It was then that I was floating, still pinching the flower, with my feet stretched out behind me.  I felt a gentle tug and hands at my ankles, realized what it was and let go, the dream vanished and I was in blackness, about to OBE, then I got a big jolt of fear from the thought of it and woke up.  The fear was completely unrelated to the hands.  
It's been a while, but sometimes in the past my guides would tug at my feet as a signal that they're ready to take me somewhere.  It's never threatening but it can catch you off guard the first time.
It wouldn't make sense for a neg to try to pull you out, since you're much stronger and aware in that state.
-Person

pj

Similar experience for me... I've had quite a few successful projections with a varying array of experiences, followed by a dry spell where I wasn't able to achieve OBE for a while.  During a recent meditation when I clicked back to conciousness, I felt my astral body levitating over my physical body and "someone's" hands were firmly grasping around my ankles turning the direction of my astral body directly crosswise of my physical body.  I freaked due to the grasp of the hands, where in past experiences I was able to retain the "interested observer" demeanor!   I was mad at myself for getting so startled.  In hindsight, I would have asked "who are you and why are you turning me?"  I, too, believe it to be a Guide of some sort and now I meditate facing North instead of East, which is what I believe was the purpose of the whole episode.

Just as a side note with a bit of humor (at least to me!).  My meditations often lead to OBE and have become much more interesting since I began meditating exclusively facing the North.  One point of interest is that I often go into such a deep trance that I lose conscious awareness, that is until I begin to softly snore just a bit, which is when my mind usually wakes up and my body remains asleep.  It is the funniest feeling to hear oneself snoring and being totally aware of it happening.  It's like watching a sleeping baby and trying not to make any move that might awaken it.  My snoring has brought my conscious awareness back on numerous occasions, before, during and after separation.  It's too weird (especially since my husband never told me I snore!)

My advice to you is to become The Observer and leave your emotions behind. Keep a log of your experiences and your dreams and go back and read them from time to time.  Re-reading my experiences have often triggered another OBE.  

pj

ColdHeart

I think it could be dream or a sign that will do it some time soon. Like when i was first studying psionics i had dreams about it all the time, then one day it happened the same as the dreams [?]

m0d0

To me it definately seems like theres an external force maybe your guide (Like sleepy said) trying to help you out.

I'd try going with the flow next time, especially because you said it didnt seem negative.

Good luck, and let us know what happens [:D]

Rans0m

Last night I had a strange expirience, strange to me at least. I've been interested in Astral/Etheric Projection for a very long time. Never have I been able to project at will. Rather I usually become concious while my astral self is outside of my body.

Last night I became concious before I had exited which happens sometimes. However I have never actually expirienced an exit before. During this breif moment of dream-like conciousness, I felt something tugging on me. It was like something was pulling on my limp arms to get me to shake loose of my body. It also felt like something was infusing me with some kind of energy to promote conciousness and to help expedite the exiting process, to help someone that was not used to the exiting process.

I am about 85% sure that If I had felt comfortible with exiting I could have done it, but something didnt feel right. So I observed this force pulling on what felt like my astral arms. It kept moving around as if it were trying to pull me free from my physical self. It was rather frightening at first, waking up to this kind of force pulling my arms around, at first I didnt realize it wasnt pulling on my physical arms, so it was startling. Then I realized I was in a posittion where I could astrally project, because I was vibrating intensly.

I guess what I am wondering is, what was this? Does anyone have anything they could share with me that would give me some insight on this. I've never had anything try and help me project before, and as I said I've never been able to project at will...infact its mostly been scattered lucid dreams that melt into partial astral expiriences.

Does anyone have any words of advice on helping me be comfortible with something like this happening again? Is it ok to relax and exit my body when something like this is trying to help me? It didnt feel like it was dark...just that it wasn't very...graceful in how it was helping me exit. Kind of like yanking my arms around in an attempt to free me from myself. Any information anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading my post.