News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

LSD AP

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Cloud

The active compound in psilocybin shrooms is _VERY_ near to our own neurotransmitter (5-HT) Serotonin [xx(]

The shrooms seems to be somekind of intelligent species anyway [:D]
If we compare us to infinitely small,
that will make us infinitely big,
but if we compare
ourselves to infinitely
big, it will make us infinitely small.
What is our size again?

Transplutonian

"Few plants of the gods have ever been held in greater reverence than the sacred mushrooms of Mexico. So hallowed were these fungi that the Aztecs called them Teonancatl ("divine flesh") and used them only in the most holy of their ceremonies. Even though, as fungi, mushrooms do not blossom, the Aztecs referred to them as "flowers," and the Indians who still use them in religious rituals have endearing terms for them, such as "little flowers."

When the Spaniards conquered Mexico, they were aghast to find the natives worshipping their deities with the help of inebriating plants: Peyotl, Ololiuqui, Teonanacatl. The mushrooms were especially offensive to the European ecclesiastical authorities, and they set out to eradicate their use in religious practices."
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_spirit.shtml

"Psilocybe mushrooms or hallucinogenic mushrooms have probably existed longer than humanity. Throughout history, ancient pictures of mushroom-like humans have been prevalently reported. In Central and Southern America, use of psilocybian mushrooms was a common religious practice until the arrival of Spaniards who spread the Catholic faith with sword and fire and forbade the use. For Indians the mushroom is known as a sacred mushroom and historically, it is considered a religious path to the spirit world (Wasson 1980).

Mushroom art and sculptures that depicted motifs under the cap of a mushroom were found even from an earlier era of 1000-500 BC. The purpose of these sculptures and artifacts was not certain, but it is speculated that the stones had religious meaning (Allegro 1970). The Codex Vienna Mixtec manuscript that dated back to thirteen century depicted the ritual use of the sacred mushrooms by the Mixtec Gods. The God known as Seven Flowers was the Mixtec God for hallucinatory plants, especially the secret mushroom, and he was depicted carrying a pair of mushrooms in his hands (Wasson 1898). In addition, the Aztecs believed that they were capable of moving back and forth between the earthly and supernatural realms (Schwartz 1988). This travel between realms was often associated with hallucinatory trances guided by their god for the entheogens-the Prince of Flowers. The Aztecs called this ritual "the flowery dream;" this was induced by sacred mushrooms (WWW 1).

The appeal of mushrooms in the "modern world" originated when Gordon Wasson came to the Mazatec village of Huatla de Jimenez, and experienced a session of "velada" held by curandera Maria Sabina. Velada included a religious ritual under a heavy influence of Psilocybe mushrooms (Wasson 1898)."
http://sulcus.berkeley.edu/mcb/165_001/papers/manuscripts/_471.html

If one finds the Sacred Substances topic interesting, see also:

Kykeon (Purported by some to be an aqueous extract of ergot used in the Eleusinian Mystery of Ancient Greece. Plato apparently participated in it.
http://www.sexmagick.com/aisha/writers/ergot.htm)

(Mystic Cloud, McKenna said that the mushroom was spreading itself through the galaxy by imparting knowledge of stardrives to species it encounters...An interesting idea, regardless of the accuracy of it)

(Nay, thanks for the suggestion- I should have posted it here to begin with. It was confusing.)

Transplutonian

I have taken LSD a few times.

Twice I have taken it in combination with an extract of Peganum harmala seed.

On one occasion, I experienced what may have been an OOBE.

In the midst of the closed eyes visuals and vibrating tones, I began to perceive what seemed like a sensation of moving; almost as if I moved up and through a doorway or window.

My mind clarified and the tones subsided and there was a scene as if I was in a hallway of a spaceport or space station.
I walked(?) through the hall and through a door into a large open space. There were 6-7 humanoid or human appearing beings in white jumpsuits which were moving barrel-like objects about. I watched for a few seconds and then what I perceived as a female of the group said "Were finished. You can go now." I then returned to the trip state.

Take it for what it's worth...[;)]