Merits of approaches

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampson

Just before you read my answers, I'll add that all of projections to date have been into the RTZ (Real Time Zone).

a) I make the conscious intention to project by setting a trigger memory to remind me when I am asleep, I will incubate this intention for the days leading up to an attempt and strengthen it with affirmations and reality checks.

b) Equally as Lucid if not more so than in the awakened physical state, and definitely more sensitive to the environment around me.

c) At the moment for what feels like between 10 and 20 seconds, it may not sound very long but I savour every moment!

d) Movement is the greatest obstacle for me at the moment, when I exit the body I don't possess the bodily dimensions that I have here in the physical world, I feel I am about the size of a tennis ball, when I try to move I tend to swerve or 'slide' in one direction as if I were sliding on ice.
I'd like to discover and travel further a field but at the moment I'm still getting used to my Astral legs .... or the lack of them!!
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

Frank

"I feel I am about the size of a tennis ball, when I try to move I tend to swerve or 'slide' in one direction as if I were sliding on ice. I'd like to discover and travel further a field but at the moment I'm still getting used to my Astral legs .... or the lack of them!!"

Gosh, that didn't half make me chuckle. I just so reminded me of my early attempts!

All the best,
Frank

astralpwka

quote:
Originally posted by astralspinner

So, the questions:

a) Which method do you use to get Out?

b) How lucid are you whilst Out?

c) How long do you usually manage to stay out?

d) How controlled are your experiences while Out? (i.e. Can you go where you want, do things that interest you, etc, or are you only a passive observer of whatever happens?)

a) ANY method. I don't care. I just want out. :) I use a method you didn't mention, which is lucid dreaming, but I'm moving toward the alarm clock method right now, but this does not mean there is any less development through desire, will, and setting goals.

b) Highly lucid, but intoxicated. [:D]

c) Only minutes.

d) I still suffer from many mentally imposed limitations, and ability comes more often with each successful attempt. But otherwise, I have as much control as walking through my house (I haven't made it further than my house yet...).

astralspinner

There seem to be two different approaches to inducing an OOBE on this forum lately. I'm just curious as to the merits of the two.

On the one hand, you've got the 'textbook' approach where somebody decides "I'm going to AP now!", sits down, enters a state of total relaxation, performs their favoured mental exercise, and OUT of their body they go.

On the other, you've got the approach of trying to make OOBEs spontaneously occur, or doing things like setting your alarm clock to partially wake you early in the morning, and then hoping this results in you being in the right state to be able to induce an exit.

1 appears harder but more reliable long-term, while 2 seems easier but perhaps less skilled.

So, the questions:

a) Which method do you use to get Out?

b) How lucid are you whilst Out?

c) How long do you usually manage to stay out?

d) How controlled are your experiences while Out? (i.e. Can you go where you want, do things that interest you, etc, or are you only a passive observer of whatever happens?)