Someone seems to always be present in my dreams..

Previous topic - Next topic

Machine1k

.. I have been writing my dreams down for the past four weeks now, with the intent to write down my AP experiences when I start having them.  I have been reading through them and I have started to see a constant in a lot of my dreams.  Most dreams there will be someone with me, close by on either side just out of my field of view, but I know he/she is there and in some dreams they are telling me something pertaining to the dream.  I don't directly interact with them and I suppose this is why I haven't look at their face.

Anyways, I read somewhere on this forum that we should look for patterns in our dreams for clues to let us know we are dreaming; I assume this qualifies?

As I don't read others dream journals I am wondering if everyone has this experience or is it just me, I'd be curious to know?

Tanks!

Szaxx

You should try to communicate, if the sense of someone being there persists there's a good chance its a helper. You need to accept them as a good friend. The communications made will be very helpful for you. Ask a simple question to become aquainted.
It may even be a guide. That would be real bonus in gaining success.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Stillwater

It could really be anything. It might well be someone with a lasting existence who is there to help you as Szaxx pointed out; it may also be a representation of a psychological trait you have. If the person also seems to be studying you it may be a fear of being scrutinized by others. If they are always giving helpful or kind advice it may be that you are looking for someone to "show you the way" in your life, and you manifest that need in your dreams by having someone actually fill that role.

But again it very well could be an actual entity there to help you, or someone "assigned" to see you through a particular task. Speaking with them does seem like the best approach.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Machine1k

This is great info!  I'm not afraid of the presence, actually I would have not remembered it was there if it weren't for me writing in my dream journal.

I'm going to use this presence as my reality check though for now on.  Next time I am aware of someone I will do my reality check, at least get my lucid dreaming going.  I will also make it a point to talk directly to the presence and see where that goes.

This presence does have me intrigued though and I defiantly want to know more and hopefully it may even help guide me into AP.. or not.. I am patient and willing to put in the hard work!

Tanks!

Lionheart

I find that "Repeater" Dreams are there either to help us to become Consciously Aware in them or that they have a valued lesson to be taught. Once the lesson is learned the Dream is no longer needed.

Many people use daytime "reality checks" to aid them in becoming consciously aware in a Dream. You have a great reality check right here. Every time you sense this other person/entity, you will know you are Dreaming!  :wink: