News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Phasing is easy!

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Alexander

Hey guys, I figured I'd post my latest discoveries here, maybe some other beginner can find hints for his journey.

I've been practicing phasing for about a month now. I've yet to fully phase, but I'm making progress just about every day. Only yesterday did I realize, however, how truly easy and painless this process is! I've been having what I call "micro-phases" for the past few days now, and I didn't even recognize them for what they were. I would be in my bed, relaxing, then suddenly and without any symptoms I would be in some different scenario! I'm at roughly my sixth this morning, they only last for an instant, really, they're over before I even know what happened. When I get "snapped back" to the physical, my heart tends to race for a few seconds (only after the experience, not during). I guess it's what Frank was calling the "protective awareness", which needs some time to get used to these things. I used to focus on these physical symptoms before, thinking "uhh, interesting sensations, I think something's happening" -- which would only make my pulse quicken, to ruin my relaxation. All the while, not knowing I had actually phased for an instant, and I was looking in the wrong direction! Again, I think the most important thing I wanted to share with all the other struggling beginners is: when phasing, there are no symptoms! I can't overstate this enough, because even after reading Frank's pdf, where he hammers this over and over, I was still looking for a sort of consciousness shift, or some sort of warning, or physical message saying "you're there". There are none! You'll be relaxing in your bed, wondering if you'll succeed tonight, and then you'll simply be there. No vibrations, no sinking feeling, no thunder sounds in your head, none of the traditional stuff that I've experienced before (which is pretty uncomfortable, btw).

For example, yesterday, as I was relaxing, I was letting my mind drift here and there, and then, with no break in consciousness, my right hand was turning some kind of switch. At the time, I remember perfectly, there was nothing suspicious about it. I was just operating a switch, naturally and fluently, like I always do, from the comfort of my bed... hey, wait a second! I think I just phased!  :-D It's just like how in dreams the scenario changes a lot, but for you, the character, it seems perfectly natural, you don't wonder about it.

Another thing, the rundown. I've had very little success with rundowns, because of a combination of factors: I can't find an interesting enough rundown, that I can also visualise well, or if I do, chances are it won't be that interesting the next day. So what I do instead, is I try to slow down the "falling asleep" process to the extent where I can identify the threshold and just hover there. For this, I use a mental countdown from 300 backwards, pretty quickly, about 2 numbers per second. If I reach 0, I start over. The countdown keeps me awake while my body is falling asleep. When I get to 200, my heart is already slowing down. When I'm at 0 the first time, I'm well underway. By the time I'm at 0 the second time, my body is asleep. I've never actually felt the traditional F10 state, where I can't move my body, can't hear with my ears, etc. My body is always there, I can always move it, if I want to. But it's totally numb (especially my hands), my mouth is dry like when you're sleeping, my breath is short and sudden, and if I move a bit I feel that pleasant morning laziness which indicates lack of muscle tone. So, for beginners like me, if you think you can't get to Monroe's F10, but you have the above symptoms, you're already there!

After the second countdown, I can generate hypnogogics at will, sometimes they invade my mind without me asking. I also find it much easier to imagine any scenario I might want, but generally I just kind of let my mind go here and there, imagining various things, while always maintaining that thread of awareness in the back of my mind. If I feel it slipping, I start counting again. And it's at this stage that the various interesting things happen. As I'm imagining these random scenarios, I'll get something unexpected happening in one of them! A person that I didn't think of, or, like yesterday, I start interacting with the image. Exactly like what others have described. Currently, it takes me about 30 minutes to get to this stage, and I usually have one or at most two micro-phases per session. After that, I get too excited and antsy, and I give up for a few hours. I see every one of these occurrences as a success, a reason for celebration! :) (which is why I get excited). Mornings and evenings tend to be a bit easier for me, but mid-day works well too.

It's all in us, and it's so simple and natural! You don't need any methods, any techniques, basically, if you can fall asleep, you can phase!  :lol:

EscapeVelocity

Hi Dan,
I think you are making great and rapid progress! I'll expand on a few points that I think may help.

First, you are exactly right about Frank's "protective awareness". There is a subtle alteration going on in your psyche behind the scenes, as it were. Kind of a seeking and granting of permission to do this. And it takes it's own sweet time, so don't allow it to frustrate you if your progress isn't quite up to your expectations.

Second, for me at least, an important component to a Rundown is bodily movement in the visualization. This seems to me why Selski's Trampoline Rundown is so good. I think it does the most of any of the five senses to stimulate energy body sensations whether you are looking for a RTZ exit or a phase shift. So try a Rundown that involves movement such as snow skiing or water skiing, riding a horse, skateboarding, snowboarding, kite surfing, motocross riding, ballet, gymnastics, etc. You get the idea. Like the hypnagogics, if you can maintain it or follow it, it eventually takes on a life of its own and the phase shift just happens.

Third, I could rarely get to the hypnagogic stage, so if you can consistently get there, then use that for awhile. You then have to work on maintaining your composure and not getting too excited and just letting the visuals unfold, eventually slowing down and stabilizing into a scene that literally pulls you into it. Determining the exact moment to step in is trial and error, you will get bounced back some times. The key is keeping your emotions and focus under control: a kind of curious detachment.

Hope that gives some ideas. Great job!

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lionheart

Sooner or later you will see that Phasing is indeed a simple "shift" of focus. You just need to remove the physical equation from it.

But, many people do still experience the various signposts even with Phasing. The reason for this is they still have that hold to the physical and wish to see what's happening to their body, instead of ALLOWING their physical body to become an afterthought.

Once again, this is something that constant practice rectifies.

A great practice to overcome this is to get really good at visualization. Example: I am walking through a park. I close my eyes and reach my etheric hand out to tough the leaves, even though the tree is 20 feet away. I try to feel the crispness of the leave. I use my sense of smell to see if there is any certain aromas.

You can do this with anything. While you are at the computer, close your eyes and using your visualization, walk to your bedroom. Look inside it, see what you see or hear, smell, etc. Try these little "mind games" often throughout the day and you will find that you start to open yourself to a totally new awareness. Practicing visualization is excellent towards becoming an efficient Phaser/APer.

After a while you notice that you don't rely on your senses as much anymore, because now you are just a point of view. No body needed. This is when the fun really begins!  :wink:

phaseshiftR1111

Quote from: Lionheart on November 08, 2013, 00:10:42
Sooner or later you will see that Phasing is indeed a simple "shift" of focus. You just need to remove the physical equation from it.

But, many people do still experience the various signposts even with Phasing. The reason for this is they still have that hold to the physical and wish to see what's happening to their body, instead of ALLOWING their physical body to become an afterthought.

Once again, this is something that constant practice rectifies.

A great practice to overcome this is to get really good at visualization. Example: I am walking through a park. I close my eyes and reach my etheric hand out to tough the leaves, even though the tree is 20 feet away. I try to feel the crispness of the leave. I use my sense of smell to see if there is any certain aromas.

You can do this with anything. While you are at the computer, close your eyes and using your visualization, walk to your bedroom. Look inside it, see what you see or hear, smell, etc. Try these little "mind games" often throughout the day and you will find that you start to open yourself to a totally new awareness. Practicing visualization is excellent towards becoming an efficient Phaser/APer.

After a while you notice that you don't rely on your senses as much anymore, because now you are just a point of view. No body needed. This is when the fun really begins!  :wink:

Lionheart can you shift consciousness at will? Just curious!

Lionheart

Quote from: phaseshiftR1111 on November 08, 2013, 00:20:17
Lionheart can you shift consciousness at will? Just curious!
Not all the time. I noticed it comes in waves. But the more I practice the easier it gets.

Sometimes my focus is great, other times I find I am distracted by small things. But we all know that even small distractions can be VERY annoying when attempting to focus or should I say lose focus.

I find that I have LDs every night. So many I had to stop writing about all of them in my Journals, lol. Now I only log the really unique ones, the ones that really stand out amongst the others.

Dan Alexander

Thank you for the advice, EV, and Lionheart, interesting idea. Certainly opens all kinds of possibilities. Will put all this advice into practice!

rainbowcity

Pardon my ignorance but what is "phasing"?

Lionheart

Quote from: rainbowcity on November 10, 2013, 11:50:59
Pardon my ignorance but what is "phasing"?
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq/what_is_phasing_and_how_can_i_do_it-t17413.0.html

You will find many other helpful topics in the Welcome to the Astral FAQ as well. 

Here is Xanth's Phasing Primer, which is quite good as well. It has everything you need to know to know and is a great Tutorial as well!   :-)

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

rainbowcity

Thank you! I will give that a read.

Xanth

Quote from: rainbowcity on November 11, 2013, 11:55:46
Thank you! I will give that a read.
Let me know if you have any questions.  :)