My astral hands?

Previous topic - Next topic

stellina757

Hello amazing people :) I consistently read these forums even if I don't post as I have been trying to astral project for a while now with no real success. I have had amazing experiences during meditation though that really can't be explained.  For a while now, once I have gotten into a deep meditative state and started to notice all of the stuff happening my hands always felt like they were raising up. For a long time I assumed it was just something I was literally physically doing somehow subconsciously and oddly thought not too much of it. Yesterday again this happened, I was envisioning hugging the universe and my hand (always my right hand first) had that feeling again where it was raised up like all my fingers felt like they were in the air. This time for some reason I decided to end meditation when I opened my eyes abruptly I could clearly see my hands were flat as can be and for a second longer it felt like it was raised from the flat surface. Could I have been feeling my astral hands this entire time? If so do I just need to keep doing what I'm doing for a longer period of time? Any suggestions or advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
"My deepest feer is not that i'm inadequate it's that I'm powerful beyond belief"
http://www.paradiseconfidence.com

Lionheart

Hello Stellina757 that is another one of the many "sign posts" that we talk about on the road to the Astral. This one could fall under the title of the "phantom limbs". The feeling of total body expansion is normally felt with this as well. Congratulations, you are almost there!  :-) Just passively notice this and allow yourself to float. This is a great time to start your Astral intent as well.

stellina757

Thanks a bunch Lionheart!! I can't believe for so long I thought it was physically happening. This definitely let's me know I'm on the right track. How exciting :)
"My deepest feer is not that i'm inadequate it's that I'm powerful beyond belief"
http://www.paradiseconfidence.com

linemile

I think I go through the same commonly, but rather it feels like my hands are upside-down from the position they're in when it happens. Like my wrists turned a 180, hehe. It may be the same symptom, perhaps I'll focus on it more the next time it happens.  8-)

Jdeadevil

This really helps because it introduces an impossible feeling to the subconscious. The impossible feeling that, it's either impossible or extremely difficult/painful to turn your hands 180 degrees. In my experience the feeling is instantaneous, once I start to focus on the vortex of darkness I see with my eyes closed, I'll turn my minds eye back to my arms and hands and they'll be drifting. It's a shame I can't do the same with my feet though.

Szaxx

Hi,
You're still tied to the physical too much.. Believe anything's possible and convince yourself of it then the rest is relatively easy. In the astral you are really no more than a tiny point of existence with 360 degree vision too. It takes some getting used to knowing this, experienceing it really throws the petrol in the fire..
If you manage to get to the really high levels you'll find nothing physically related at all, its light and love and really strange to take in. Think nothing will stop your progress and believe it. Nothing will but the limitations of your own mind.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

pacman

A few nights ago I was doing chi breathing though the dan tien (navel area) and for the first time in a long time, I found my self in my dream.

I was flying a helicopter around the streets dodging cars and power poles, then I left the copter and stood on a concrete pad and gently lifted off the sidewalk without any supports, and flew up into the sky, maybe 50 feet. I don't like heights so was happy to come back down then glided for ages around the dream scape.

Its been a while, this was a welcome experience, flying is so much fun, I was able to be both conscious and aware on and off through it. Will be doing the breathing technique again tonight, wish me luck :)
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The marriage of the ancient arts of astrology, taoism, tantra and the modern science of psychology."