News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Instant projection

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Hi Frank. Do you think it would have been possible for you to go about every day activities, e.g. go and make yourself a sandwich, whilst continuing this state of conciousness ?

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Frank

That was the freaky thing about it. Yes, I had full control over my physical body.

Yours,
Frank

clandestino

You see, I've had this theory for a while, bear with me :
I reckon that as a person gets more and more skilled at projection (in that they can project nearly every time they attempt it), they are gradually wearing down an inbuilt resistance to projecting.

Having completely worn down any resistance to projection in the relaxed/ mind awake - body asleep/ focus 10 state, further practise would begin to wear down a different resistance, that of the mind awake / body awake - in otherwords our normal conciousness.

Frank, are you going to try and go for a repeat performance ? It sounds to me that if you can repeat and practice being aware of the astral and physical simultaneously, then you could develop this to the point that you could flick between the astral and physical worlds just as easily as we flick between applications on our computers.

Mark

Frank

quote:

You see, I've had this theory for a while, bear with me :
I reckon that as a person gets more and more skilled at projection (in that they can project nearly every time they attempt it), they are gradually wearing down an inbuilt resistance to projecting.

Yes, you are quite correct. There develops an expectation of an end result, if a particular series of mental actions is followed. As I am following that process, at the same time I am imagining the end result. That is what stumps beginners. They cannot imagine the end result as they are going through the process. Problem is, words are only so much use when describing the whole thing.

quote:

Having completely worn down any resistance to projection in the relaxed/ mind awake - body asleep/ focus 10 state, further practise would begin to wear down a different resistance, that of the mind awake / body awake - in otherwords our normal conciousness.

Yes, after this morning I would tend to agree. :)

quote:

Frank, are you going to try and go for a repeat performance ? It sounds to me that if you can repeat and practice being aware of the astral and physical simultaneously, then you could develop this to the point that you could flick between the astral and physical worlds just as easily as we flick between applications on our computers.

I would like to but have no idea why the process was triggered. It came upon me quite by surprise. The feeling of having the the two energy-systems switched-on, at once, was *very* freaky indeed. It felt like I was sitting in the middle of a tremendous flow of energy that I could direct and control.

I think maybe this experience will open a doorway to something but I don't know what. I've been asking for guidance throughout the day but nothing has come through as yet. I'll project later and see if I can find anyone who knows what happened.

Yours,
Frank

jilola

Hmm this opens up a neat possibility.
If, like you described, you were able to project while remaining completely aware of the physical it would be natural to think that all this projevcting never really happens.
Is it possible that we exists on both planes (or why not several) all the time and the projecting bit is just a trick to move the preception to the body on another level. And besides it's not likely that we create a body every time we hop to the astral, that would probably require too much energy. It makes more sense if the asltra body is there all the time (higher self?) and we just switch between our physical body's perception and astral body's perception.

This is consistent with Frank's finding that the astral is really much closer to the physical than we think.

2cents

jouni

Tisha

Hey !  That's neat.  

I just finished Casteneda's last book (whew!) but my question to you, Frank, comes from the book before (the Art of Dreaming).  In Carlos' experience, he was able to connect with the Astral and hear (without fail) completely honest and accurate answers to EVERY question he though of.  It was so disconcerting he had to teach himself to shut out this "Truthteller" so that he could go about his other business.

I wonder if the skill of the clairvoyant (French for clear-seeing) comes from connecting to the Astral and hearing this Truthteller voice.  I'd be interested in hearing any experiences you might have in the future with this voice . . . where you think it might come from (assorted guides? a guide with a job title? a Voice without a soul? something else?)

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

clandestino

jilola - i agree with everything you state above...

Tisha - the castaneda books are on my reading list. Re. the "truthteller" voice, does he describe it in the book as one voice ? assorted guides ?

WalkerInTheWoods

I tried replying to this yesterday but something got screwed up, so let me try again.

jilola, there are many that believe that we exist at the same time on all planes. We are just not fully aware of it. I have believed this since I started learning about astral projection and other planes. When we project we are moving our consciousness or awareness from one "body" to another. I am not sure if body is a good word to use but it is the best I can think of right now. If you do energy work, when you are working with your energy you are becoming aware of it and working with it with your consciousness of it. But if you are not aware of it at the time it is still there reguardless.

I have had similar experience, though not like yours. I have had two occurances where I became aware of both my physical and astral bodies. Interesting experiences. One happened when I was trying to project and another while I was meditating. Sometimes during the day I will become aware of my astral body, but not to the extent that you did. Could be interesting to explore, but it could get confusing depending on the situation.

clandestino, I agree with you. Though I think it is more like you become more skilled at projecting so it becomes easier for you to "slip out". After it comes natural to you, you can do it without thinking about it. Maybe your subconscious feels like you should project so it just does it, like a habit. Since it was around the time that Frank usually projects this seems to make sense.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha:
Hey !  That's neat.  

I just finished Casteneda's last book (whew!) but my question to you, Frank, comes from the book before (the Art of Dreaming).  In Carlos' experience, he was able to connect with the Astral and hear (without fail) completely honest and accurate answers to EVERY question he though of.  It was so disconcerting he had to teach himself to shut out this "Truthteller" so that he could go about his other business.

I wonder if the skill of the clairvoyant (French for clear-seeing) comes from connecting to the Astral and hearing this Truthteller voice.  I'd be interested in hearing any experiences you might have in the future with this voice . . . where you think it might come from (assorted guides? a guide with a job title? a Voice without a soul? something else?)

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"

Why on earth would anyone want to shut that out?

Will Desert Lord win the 2.25 at Chester today? Nope.
Okay, will East Flares win? Nope. Jay Gee's Choice? Yes.

Right, next race..................

Seriously, though, I'm not sure where these voices come from. I think of them as verbal guides. Someone talked about "channelling" on this BBS a couple of months ago. I did some digging and thought I'd give it a go. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I feel I might make some more progress with it.

Yours,
Frank

fredhedd

once when i was doing some drugs i had a similair exp. i was moving around in the physical and there was this huge tunnel right in front of me and it was kinda how you described it above.

i'm wondering about this truthteller... i'm going to read carlos' book but does he say in there or has nayone known it to be possible for questions to be answered about the future. i wouldnt see how this was possible. i mean if it was then everything would be writtin out already and all of this would be kinda fake.

necronomikron

Now, what's strange that sort of relates to this, is at times, say I'm standing still looking in one direction, I suddenly feel like I'm looking the other direction and I'm almost aware of it... feels like my mind and body are being ripped in two, then it suddenly stops.

Frank

This morning I had the first projection since my antics with Harath that I wrote about on another post, and it was the weirdest I have had to date. Not weird in the normal sense of seeing something crazy on the Astral. No, it was weird in the way the process was initiated.

I awoke as per usual at around 4am and felt the need to use the bathroom. As I came back to bed, I felt a pressure build-up at the top of my head. It almost felt like it hurt like a dull, throbbing headache. But there was no pain, as such, just a feeling of pressure.

I'm confused, because it felt like I had some kind of hangover. Yet all I'd had the previous evening was a glass of wine. Then, next moment there was a zub, zub, zub, throbbing sensation. And I realised, hang on a minute, this 'aint a headache, these are pre-projection symptoms! But, at the same time, there's another side of me saying, "It can't be, you're standing alongside your bed, in the Physical." So I switched on the bedside light for a moment, just to absolutely check I wasn't projecting in the RT zone without realising it. But, no, I'm definitely in the Physical.

I lay down in bed and the low frequency zub, zub, zub, turned into a feint buzz. Which felt very familiar as it was my (now) normal projection process. The big difference was, I was *entirely* aware of my physical body. I could move my limbs, hands, feet, everything. At the same time, I can see the Astral as clear as day in my mind.

Lately, I have been wondering if Clairvoyance was having the ability to make full contact with the Astral, as well as having full contact with the Physical. The direction I have been going has also led me to conclude that, by pushing the right mental buttons, it may be possible to contact the Astral without necessarily losing all contact with the Physical.

Well, this morning I got a definite answer. Yes, it is possible. Don't ask me how, or why it happened. All I know right now is that it did happen, and the feeling is totally mind-blowing.

It is very difficult to put into words, but it's like either side of you are two huge energy systems; and you are a kind of tunnel that connects the two. There is a sensation of a raw energy flow that you feel like you can just command and control. Your hands, for example, feel electric as if they were glowing. To the extent where if you touched someone, for example, they would instantly heat up to the point where they'd begin to roast.

Anyhow, it all started to get more than a little freaky so I let go of the Physical and projected.

Yours,
Frank