My First Out of Body Experience - Any Insight?

Previous topic - Next topic

snowwhitequeen

A couple of nights ago I was having trouble sleeping.  I woke up at 2:30am and tried to go back to sleep.  I laid in my bed for a while and then all of a sudden I started to hear and feel a buzzing sound and vibration and I found myself awake yet paralyzed.  The next thing I knew, I was floating out of my body.  I was so scared, I honestly thought I was dying or something.  I floated up to the ceiling and then the next thing I knew I was at my parents' house.  First I saw one of my cats (they live with my parents) and she saw me and ran.  My other cat saw me and I reached down to pet him but I couldn't because I didn't have any arms.  He just looked at me.  I also saw my parents asleep in their bed.  I then floated into my bedroom at my parents' house.  Afterwards, I ended up in some other bedroom in an unfamiliar place.  It was dark but I could see a white headboard.  I was so scared since I didn't know where I was so I left.  Then I was back in my bedroom and returned to my body.  It was the strangest thing ever.  All I know is I could feel everything and I could really feel myself floating out of my body.  It felt so real.  I'm not the psychic or paranormal type but this experience both freaked me out and intrigued me all at the same time.  Why did I do this?  What was the purpose?  How can I do it again?  Where can I learn more?  Thanks in advance for your insight. I still can't believe what happened. 

Mr.PumperNickle

Hey snowwhitequeen, welcome to the Astral Pulse!
Why did I do this: You most likely had a spontaneous OOBE. I'm guessing your mind was extremely passive and clear prior to your exit out the body. 
What was the purpose:No clue.
How can I do it again? Well, you can search the forum for the "how to's" and "why can't I" topics. Here are some links to give a jumpstart in projection.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_the_astral_faq/how_do_get_a_guideastral_helper_to_help_me-t25289.0.html
Where can I learn more? Read the stickies all over this forum and post questions regarding your interests or concerns in AP'ng.
Also sending personal messages to experienced "travellers" on this forum can be very helpful if you don't really want to start a new thread.
So close but so far to projecting. It'll come one day, i'll just have to wait.

Lionheart

Why did I do this : You were ready to handle a new reality it in your life now.
What was the purpose: To awaken you to this wondrous gift.. The deeper purpose is for you to figure out.
How can you do it again, This site is filled with a ton of info to help you. You did it once, so now you know it's possible.
Here is a good introductory video that should help you understand a bit more on this subject.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3Og_nqgNg
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Greytraveller

Hallo snowwhitequeen
It's a good thing that you have already found this site and are getting feedback from experienced projectors. Many people have that first OBE and have nobody to discuss it with. And many of these people go Years convinced that it was a horrible experience where they nearly died. When in fact the first OBE is a Positive life changing experience.
The fear is actually quite normal especially when the OBE is spontaneous and unexpected. Hopefully the next OBE will be easier to control without so much fear. Thanx for sharing it.

Regards  8-)
Grey

snowwhitequeen

Thanks for all of the information and insight.  I will definitely check out the links and read more about it.  If I have any more OBEs I will be sure to share them on here.