Saw myself in mirror during OBE!

Previous topic - Next topic

amcturbo

Hi Douglas,
I've seen my reflection in the mirror a couple of times.  The first time, I had difficulty focusing my image to "clear".  Also, my eyes were different ... I believe they had black pupils or something.  At that point, I WALKED INTO THE MIRROR with intent to go visit F27 ... not sure if I made it or not, but I was zipping along at ludicrous speeds.

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

solstice

I often look at my own reflection, during my OBE's.  It's interesting how I look almost child-like.
I like to walk into the mirrors of my house, as a means of teleportation - anyone who's had an etherial OBE can vouch for how difficult getting around can be (I guess you people say "real time zone").  What's interesting, is the feeling of "static" all around me, as I fly through my reflection, which does'nt happen, when just walking-through walls.

"people can fly..."
http://psychicbody.cjb.net">Psychic Body and Astral Society

Nate

I once had what was probably an obe where I looked into a mirror. I saw myself, but my eyes were different too. They were black pupils like amcturbo's with sort of a dark green at the edges. I found that odd as my eyes are blue. Was that what your's looked like? taa!!

-Nate

Do you have any idea how BORING immortality can get?! -Defalco

amcturbo

Hi Nate,
My eyes looked similar to yours ... BLACK iris's ... perhaps fully black eyeballs.  I had difficulty focusing on them clearly, so I couldn't tell completely ... only that there was BLACK ... not my natural blue color.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

Gandalf

During a recent OBE in the RT zone, I found myself in my room somewhere (my vision was not entirely clear..)
as I moved towards the opposite wall I started to see what looked like an image of myself, it moved around in alignment with my movements... I thought, what is going on here.. I backed off slightly so I could see where I was, it was then that I realised that I was in front of the mirror in my bedroom!

Is it possible to see a reflection of my double in a mirror?

I know that one explanation is that because I saw a mirror I automatically created the image of myself to fit in with the expectation (as you think so it becomes routine), but I'm not so sure about that because in this instance because i was not aware that I was in front of the mirror until after I saw myself.
Perhaps subconcoiusly I knew I was at the mirror and it filled in the reflection for me....
any ideas..
perhaps of course mirrors can reflect more subtle images than we think?

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.