Do Conscious sleeping can help getting OBE? *give this a read*

Previous topic - Next topic

Subu

I am doing meditation for almost two years (Breathing meditation) and now I wanted to escalate my awareness into astral planes as well, and hence I joined this community.

For now, the experience that I wanted to achieve is OBE/Astral Projection. Now if someone can steer me in the necessary direction for the preliminary steps that I have to take to achieve the OBE/Astral Projection, I will highly appreciate that! I believe I can stay conscious while going to sleep at night. I tried it a couple of times and stayed wide awake without getting any sleep for half an hour (I believe since I practiced meditation for quite some time, I can hold my awareness quite well). But at the end, this thought arises, whether I am doing it right, or just wasting my time? So, I gave up and went to sleep. If I get clear instructions, I will continue my work and share my experiences with you all :)

You guys are the best!
With Gratitude,
Subu

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Pulse Subu!

Here are some threads to get you started. Like fowlskins suggested, much of what you are asking can be answered simply by checking the dark blue 'stickies" at the top of each board. Or type in a search topic. Many wonderful hours of reading await you!

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_permanent_astral_topics/focus_10_mind_awakebody_asleep-t24783.0.html

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_i_got_out_for_the_first_time-t30942.0.html

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

Enjoy!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Astralsuzy

You are not wasting your time.   Keep practicing and you will get there.   I meditate and keep awake.   I persevered with it and got out of my body.   It works.   

Subu

dpk38

Chill. This is how I basically do it everytime.
Thee issue with this method is that it requires a lot of time and practice. Since I hear you have been practising meditation for a while, you can probably get the hang of this quite easily.
I have not had great experiences till date. By great, I mean successful. This is especially because i occupy myself greatly only during the night and hence i sleep late - something you must not do in order to meet success. But I only follow this method becuade this is the easiest and most simple to practice.
It takes a minimum of 1.5 to 2 hours the first few weeks. So you have to be patient. Just try observe yourself fall asleep. Don't worry about disturbances around because they won't actually disturb your sleep if you make sure to stay still. I have realised this with experience.
There is so much noise around most of the time I practice this, but I get to the vibration stage even then. (The only issue I have is to exitibg successfully)
As you practice, the time delay will reduce to mere 15-20 mins

All the best
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

Astralsuzy

What you say is correct.   It is exactly what I do.   I was doing really well but then I stopped.   I was aping without having a sleep first.   It was great that I did it.   I wish I kept practicing.   I guess I did not want to put the effort into it.   Oh well, I am practicing again.   You are right, it takes time.   

Astralsuzy

I like what personalreality suggested and that is:

Maintain just enough consciousness to be aware of the ringing/whining sound in your ears.

I am going to add that into what I do.   By doing that, that will help me to stay focused and stay awake.

Astralsuzy

It is starting to work again.   I meditate in the afternoons.   That way I am not tired later on.   In the evenings I go out in the back room where it is not comfortable otherwise I will likely fall asleep.   Last night I could hear myself snore which is a good sign.   It means shortly afterwards I can ap.   I had to get up for something and I came back and laid down again.   I was not lying down for long and I could feel this lump moving around and lying next to my legs.   I thought one of the animals is in my room but how can that be, the door was closed.   I thought I would get up.   I was getting up and then I realised I was spiritually getting up.    Then I woke up.   I am trying to see my deceased cat so perhaps that was her.   I went back to bed and slept for a few hours.   I went out to the other room early in the morning.   My problem is I keep falling asleep.   I never had that problem before so long as I concentrated.   I was not tired.   I keep forgetting to concentrate.   I fell asleep and I thought I will try again.   This time I was able to ap.   I breathed very slowly and it was very relaxing.   I could feel myself moving somewhere.   I was traveling but I woke up.   I think where I went wrong was I should have said I can see.   If I can see it is a lot better.   I have been out of practice.    I find I have to keep practicing otherwise I loose my skills.   

dpk38

Let me put it simple, easy steps.

Lay down. An afternoon nap would be perfect. That's when I usually experience most of my successful AP's.

Close your eyes, relax and stay still

Don't worry about external disturbances. As long as you stay still, your mind (or whatever) would get fooled that you are falling asleep. You may even notices few urges to turn around or move a muscle or scratch an itch. But all these are just tricks played by your brain to check if you are legitimately asleep. (By my experience, I always had noises and people in the background, and to my surprise I always managed to get to the vibrations.)

If you continue with your act, you will soon (most likely) feel your ears become sort of deaf. The feeling you get when you travel by a plane over high altitudes. Next you may feel your body become heavy.
But don't depend upon these signs. I don't get them most of the time.

I arrive directly at the vibrations. After this, use your separation technique to get out. Most of the time, I fail at this stage. So I can't guide you yet.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"