News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

New Symptom!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Well, for me. I read a while back in an email that a symptom of astral projection is misalignment, possibly in the head. This morning when I was staying still for at-least half an hour after feeling tingles in my arms and feet, I felt like I was tilting my head to the left on my pillow. Could this have been my head physically tilting or something else? Because when I moved again it was like when I move my misaligned arms, they jolt back into the physical body and I 'remember' where they are.

todd421757

Quote from: Jdeadevil on July 25, 2012, 16:03:49
Because when I moved again it was like when I move my misaligned arms, they jolt back into the physical body and I 'remember' where they are.

Anytime you feel any part of your physical body "jolt", you have just returned from a conscious or an unconscious out of body experience.

The out of body experience may be a partial one or a complete one. In your description above, you had a partial obe.

Jdeadevil

Well it wasn't a jolt as in it made me jump, but it was an instantaneous reminder where my limbs were, and my arms and head felt like they were 'reattaching'

Xanth

Quote from: Jdeadevil on July 25, 2012, 16:03:49
Well, for me. I read a while back in an email that a symptom of astral projection is misalignment, possibly in the head. This morning when I was staying still for at-least half an hour after feeling tingles in my arms and feet, I felt like I was tilting my head to the left on my pillow. Could this have been my head physically tilting or something else? Because when I moved again it was like when I move my misaligned arms, they jolt back into the physical body and I 'remember' where they are.
When you begin to lose all bodily sensations your consciousness can feel like it's drifting about.  Most people,  in my experience,  interpret this as their body (physical or otherwise) shifting about.

That sounds like what you were experiencing.

Jdeadevil

I'm assuming this is good though, right?  :-)

Lionheart

I call it the "phantom limb syndrone"!  :-)

Szaxx

Hi,
Id say its normal. Get into F10 just before losing the physical awareness and have someone lightly slap your arm. You jump!
It's unlike being in the physical when surprised. It's more like you get snapped back from elsewhere. It's impression is that of being in another location away from the physical.
Somewhat confusing too.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

bluelily

I had an experience once where my hands felt like they were up by my face, even though I knew exactly where I'd put them, resting against my stomach.

I've also had one where my entire body was positioned outside of the bed I was in, hanging horisontally mid-air, with my head still locked in place.

It's just a sort of bodily awareness elsewhere really. You can snap back easily by moving, but those body parts were 'out' before that. It's a good sign! I think those people who have out of body experiences by manually leaving their bodies somehow manage to pull themselves out by the body parts that are out already.
Follow your heart without remorse.

Lionheart

Quote from: Szaxx on July 25, 2012, 18:08:58
Hi,
Id say its normal. Get into F10 just before losing the physical awareness and have someone lightly slap your arm. You jump!
It's unlike being in the physical when surprised. It's more like you get snapped back from elsewhere. It's impression is that of being in another location away from the physical.
Somewhat confusing too.
It's because you have shifted your focus to another area. I feel that the phantom limb scenario happens before you have fully hit your shift. I get the feeling sometimes when in F10 that my body is misaligned as well. The next thing I sense is a brief disconnect, just long enough to make me wonder what I was doing a couple of seconds ago. It's almost as we hit a very minuscule unconscious period before we notice that the depth of our vision has changed. From there, thought = action and we can launch to wherever it is we wish to go or see. Lately I have been leaving that destination up to my consciousness. I just ask to go where I need to, to see what I need to see, learn what I need to learn. This has made for some very interesting visits and many more quests and puzzles.  :-)

Szaxx

Hi,
I've noticed my heart rhythm jumps out of sync if I get one of these jumps back to the physical. A brief moment in time to reconnect with the physical conciousness. Id buy that, its very plausibe, cause and effect.
Makes sense as theres no oob awareness at this point in time (too early for it).
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Quote from: Szaxx on July 25, 2012, 18:34:37
Hi,
I've noticed my heart rhythm jumps out of sync if I get one of these jumps back to the physical. A brief moment in time to reconnect with the physical conciousness. Id buy that, its very plausibe, cause and effect.
Makes sense as theres no oob awareness at this point in time (too early for it).
It's funny you say that, I always get a sharp pain/rhythm jump in the heart chakra briefly during this time as well. It looks like we are creating a blueprint here. Possibly one that most of us can follow. How many more of us here experience these symptoms?

Jdeadevil

When I try and quiet down my senses and leave it a while, I start to feel a slight rhythm that's more fluent that my heart-beat and stronger.. Is this anything to do with what you mean?

Lionheart

Yes Jdeadevil, thanks for your reply!  :-)

sargentcrunch

This is similar to what I have felt the past 3 nights. It felt like my body was rotating but my head was remaining still, and I could feel the pillow underneath my head but couldn't feel the rest of my body...weird haha.