Have you ever experienced this?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattoid

This past couple of weeks i've been experiencing something incredibly strange, a night hasn't gone by where i haven't felt this strange sensation.

I've felt vibrations before, infact it's rare i don't pre-projection.

These 'vibrations' are incredibly different, in fact i wouldn't even consider them vibrations. As i start falling asleep, usually after i've been awoke by our fussy baby.. or after an exhausting day; This sensation immediately makes me assume that i'm dying, I quickly get over the shock of that and go with it. I usually snap out of the sensation once i've been alerted of the "IM DYING" but it doesn't take long before i experience this sensation again. It's comparable to the feeling of not having enough oxygen and experiencing a change in reality.

My body quickly returns to a sleep state, within moments of realizing i'm not actually dying. I do everything possible to keep my mind active and that isn't a problem. I've had some fantastic projections that i've actually submitted here following this powerful sensation.

As i type this, i'm trying to think of a way to translate this feeling into words with the hopes of hearing similar experiences from you fine people.

The vibrations i feel almost feel physical, whereas this sensation feels completely neurological. It's a feeling of almost falling out of my mind or the pretext of it. I apologize about how vague i'm being about this. Before this feeling in all the projections i've had i'd never actually left the room i was projecting in. Where as with this, I've visited the ocean (not sure which one) and visited my home in england thousands of miles of where i'm currently living and confirmed the projection via identifying the clothing, positioning of my family in the home at a specific time.

Is this normal?

What is this i'm experiencing?

EscapeVelocity

I certainly understand the difficulty sometimes, in describing these experiences. Often, I'm at a strange loss for words.

Is what you're talking about maybe, 'phasing'?

I think I've done both; and the old-fashioned, etheric? OBE appears with much more 'physical' qualities and descriptors, while 'phasing'  seems much more mental, with instantaneous 'shifts' in awareness/place/time. No vibes, no noises, no warning...just the shift.

Is phasing a slight evolution beyond the traditional OBE? Or just the other side of the same coin?

Just open-ended questions, I don't know. Although my own practices have seen a gradual reduction in vibrational intensity towards a 'warmth' of vibes and more mental shifting.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

CFTraveler

Quote from: Mattoid on April 14, 2009, 05:46:49
This past couple of weeks i've been experiencing something incredibly strange, a night hasn't gone by where i haven't felt this strange sensation.

I've felt vibrations before, infact it's rare i don't pre-projection.

These 'vibrations' are incredibly different, in fact i wouldn't even consider them vibrations. As i start falling asleep, usually after i've been awoke by our fussy baby.. or after an exhausting day; This sensation immediately makes me assume that i'm dying, I quickly get over the shock of that and go with it. I usually snap out of the sensation once i've been alerted of the "IM DYING" but it doesn't take long before i experience this sensation again. It's comparable to the feeling of not having enough oxygen and experiencing a change in reality.

My body quickly returns to a sleep state, within moments of realizing i'm not actually dying. I do everything possible to keep my mind active and that isn't a problem. I've had some fantastic projections that i've actually submitted here following this powerful sensation.

As i type this, i'm trying to think of a way to translate this feeling into words with the hopes of hearing similar experiences from you fine people.

The vibrations i feel almost feel physical, whereas this sensation feels completely neurological. It's a feeling of almost falling out of my mind or the pretext of it. I apologize about how vague i'm being about this. Before this feeling in all the projections i've had i'd never actually left the room i was projecting in. Where as with this, I've visited the ocean (not sure which one) and visited my home in england thousands of miles of where i'm currently living and confirmed the projection via identifying the clothing, positioning of my family in the home at a specific time.

Is this normal?

What is this i'm experiencing?

Are you in full-blown panic when you wake,  or is it physical and then the fear (or shock) hits?

Mattoid

I wouldn't refer to the panic as full blown, it's more of a fleeting panic. It's comparable to that of being starved of oxygen.. upon further experiencing and reflection. You know the 'falling from a cliff' feeling? It resembles that plus an oxygen deprivation lightheaded feeling, but there's a peculiar intoxicating twist. I don't have any problems breathing whenever i'm a sleep, so i know it's not that.

I apologize again for how vague i'm being.

CFTraveler

Well, my advice is going to be equally vague:
You may be exhausted from not sleeping (I'm a mom myself who didn't sleep an entire night for two years, so I know a little about what sleep deprivation feels like.)  I'd suggest you get checked out physically to make sure you're not having any kind of seizure (not grand mal or anything like that, but possibly TLE or something like that).
My brother in law suffers from a weird form of this, and his auras (that is, preseizure symptoms) consist of a nondescript panic feeling of 'something not normal'.  He also gets vibes but then loses consciousness and goes into a different type of seizure.

Since you're going through sleep 'differences', I don't think it's anything like that, but sleep deprivation can do some weird things to your consciousness, including OBEs that are almost uncontrolled, and other weird things, like having visits into your room and other fun stuff like that.
If you can, try to sneak in some quality sleep, (I know it may not be possible for a while) and see if this changes.

vladjackguy

I know the feeling... I got it several times when I got a cold and i couldn't breath and then I get awake in panic but i don't think your problem is like mine.

CFTraveler is right, maybe it's because you haven't got "quality" sleep and you are always in a hurry when it comes to sleeping part.
WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE WILL OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~Jimi Hendrix
In the darkest place the littlest light is the brightest.~vladjackguy