News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

OBE again

Previous topic - Next topic

Cezyl

Thanks for sharing MajorTom. [:D]

Blissful

MajorTom,

Oh my goodness... I wish I could OBE like you. I only had a partial one and backed out due to fear.  As I was reading your story, I started to think (dont take this the wrong way) "Why is he only strolling down the street with this power?  You can stroll down the street early in the am in reality if you wanted to, why not use this gift to do things you can normally do" but by the end of the story, I realized that the walk was very loving (with your wife and all).  Sometimes the adventures don't always have to be mind blowing in an astral sense.

Good for you. I'm jealous now. [:P]

Blissful

Cezyl

Tom...

Where you fully conscious, like in your waking mind right now???

Cezyl

Cezyl

Cezyl

I've read of people looking at their hands intermittently throughout the projection to prolong it indefinitely. [:)]

Cezyl

Hey Tom. [:D]

I read it either in a forum or in a book, but it was definitely here-now travel. I don't think it was a point as to how they got out, but looking at their hands every now and then served as a marker, like if you practice awareness in the day it may help to practice every time you hear the phone ring or something, each time you hear it center yourself like a marker. That's what I got of it. I hope you try it and it works for you. [:D]

Cezyl

upstream

quote:
Originally posted by Cezyl

I've read of people looking at their hands intermittently throughout the projection to prolong it indefinitely. [:)]

I'm one of them. It's very effective but no miraculous. It's keep your perception intact when you are thrown into darkness or abstract evironments. Focusing the very details of your hand help you to download your memory and instantly solidify the dreamscape.

Blissful

quote:
Originally posted by MajorTom

Are those people who become lucid in dreams by looking at their hands to begin with? I can imagine it would work well then.

As a lucid dreamer myself, I look at my hands as a reality check throughout the day. When I am suspicious that I may be dreaming, I look at my hands to verify. It works quite well (as in the dream world your hands are typically different).  What I have learned in my last experience, is that if you look at your feet and feel them on the ground your astral experience will last longer.  I think it's because when looking at your feet and feeling your feet you are allowing yourself to be "GROUNDED".  

How many of you actually stare at your feet during a lucid or OBE experience?  If not, try it and let us know if your astral experience lasts longer.

Blissful

upstream

quote:
...if you look at your feet and feel them on the ground your astral experience will last longer. I think it's because when looking at your feet and feeling your feet you are allowing yourself to be "GROUNDED".

Yes, it works great. I'm curious whether it has any effects beside from psychologic? Grabbing as many object as you can while you walk, or flying beside walls work as well.

However, it's only necessary in LDs. In astral the feedback beetween your lying body and your astral vehicle is low because of the relativistic time distortion. All instability is gone.

In OBEs it's not work, because I have no legs to look at.