Okay, I admit it...

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwibonga

... Binaural tapes work... Better than I thought. :p

Last night I gave Robert Monroe's Advanced Focus 10 tape a try for the fourth time.

"Blah blah blah... If you are not hearing my voice in your right ear, turn the headphones around now, so that you hear my voice in your right ear.. .. ......... Move to your energy conversion box, put all your worries blah blah...."

"Now, begin your resonant tuning.... *creepy sound of monks doing ohs and ahs for 10 minutes* Now, let's make the resonant energy balloon. Imagine energy coming out of the top of your head, going down around you and coming back up into your feet..... Whoosh, whoosh. Now, continue and make the energy swirl around you as it comes down.... Whoosh, whoosh."

*blank*

"NOW!"

*AAAHHHH!!! Oh... Right... I'm listening to the tape...*

"Now, feel no-one understand the power of your resonant energy balloon."

*L. O. L. I can definitely feel that, Bob*

"... let's bring you to focus 10. I'm going to count to 10, and you will progressively... blah blah"

"One"

*Okay... Let's get relaxed... I shouldn't be thinking now, just going with the flow...*

"Two"

*Damn, he's counting fast, how am I supposed to relax!?*

"Three"

*Hrmm okay I'll just play dead and see what happens...*

"Four"

*I'd better stop worrying about keeping up, I'm ruining the exercise*

"FIVE"

*FLASH* A big message in white letters suddenly appears in the darkness of my eyelids. It says: "Yup, that's right!"

*OH my god... How did this happen?*

"Six"

*I was completely conscious... I'm not even relaxed fully... Why did I get such a vivid picture now?*

"Seven"

*Well.. No way I'll make it to focus ten now... My heart's racing...*

"Eight"

"Nine -- longer pause"

*Man, why does he always have a longer pause before 10? Trying to make me believe I can bend time or something?"

"Ten. You are now in Focus 10..."

*No, I'm not... But it's okay, Bob, you're a tape, you're so lucky, you get to believe anything you want!*

--- Then he counts back down to 1, etc ---

"Now, I am going to count back up to 10, so that you may go into focus 10 a second time."

*Oh, cool, I thought I blew my chance at getting anything done this session*

"One"

*Okay, I'm just going to try and fall asleep here.*

"Two"

*...*

"Three"

*Hey, I just saw a spark... Oh wait, right... Must drift off to sleep...*

"Four"

*Flash*

Alex Trebek: "You folks ready to play the Wheel?"

Crowd: "Yeahhh!!!"

Alex Trebek: "Okay, Dan, it's your turn."

Dan: "Woooo!!!" *spin*

Ratakakatktaktak tak ... tak.

Alex Trebek: "900 dollars."

Dan: "An E!!!"

Alex Trebek: "There are two Es. Pick up that card now."

Dan: "I want to solve!"

Alex Trebek: "No, not yet, you need to spin the wheel again."

Dan: "Oh."

Ratakaktkaktkaktk tak... tak... tak.

Dan: "A...."

"FIVE!" *Electric shock*

* OW! Hey... You can't have numbers in a wheel of fortune puzzle... What is this? Wait... That's not even the same voice... Why was I in wheel of fortune??? I'm in the middle of a meditation exercise here!*

I want to emphasize on the fact that in the more-or-less 10 seconds between "four" and "five," I managed to cram 2 exciting minutes of quality wheel of fortune footage, somehow... And I have no idea why Alex Trebek was hosting it...

The rest of the tape was rather uneventful, I dwelved into trance a couple times when he was counting back the second time, but nothing major.

So I went to sleep, and started dreaming... It was an extremely vivid dream where a bunch of godzilla-sized bipedal wolves were shaking the school building, causing panic and destruction. This was followed by sleep paralysis and intense vibrations... I got up, snapped back to my body, got up, snapped back again, and lost consciousness.

What I find particularly interesting about Monroe's tapes is that systematically, no matter how stressed out or tired I am, listening to the tapes will bring on something during the night, whether it is a sleep paralysis episode, a lucid dream, or even a full fledged projection. I get to memorize a lot more than usual...

My first two projections happened one day after listening to his tapes for the first time... I don't know... There's just something mysterious about them... Like if they somehow tuned your mind and made it all possible! I no longer expect an exit during the tape, rather, I expect it in the few days directly following listening to it..
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Nameless One

I read Monroes second book it is crap all the damm thing is about is LOVE, Love wont get you into heven i mean after reading that book makes me think the whole thing is a bonking hoax

Selski

Hi kiwibonga

Great post - thanks for sharing.

I can relate to your post, having had similar experiences with the Monroe CDs.  I only own Wave 1, but when I first start listening to them, I had strange things happen when I wasn't fully relaxed.

And interestingly enough, I also have strange things happen without the CDs.  For example, the other day I decided to have a catnap in the afternoon.  I wasn't particularly relaxed (I'd say about F3 in Monroe terms), and I noticed that my ankles were swaying.  I was totally awake at this point and knew that it was impossible my physical ankles were moving, as I would have had to have been double-jointed (possibly triple-jointed).  :-D

I even moved a physical finger without losing the ankle sensation.  I contemplated opening my eyes and having a look to see what was happening, but I thought that might be pushing it a bit too far  :lol:

I deduced that my astral ankles wanted to play and were waving around, oblivious to the fact that my mind wasn't really in the correct state.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

manuel

Quote from: Nameless One on January 26, 2007, 20:10:56
I read Monroes second book it is crap all the damm thing is about is LOVE, Love wont get you into heven i mean after reading that book makes me think the whole thing is a bonking hoax

I have read all three books multiple times, and not once did I remember him mentioning about love being a key to any thing, if any thing at all, Rob was very logical towards the whole experience.

More to the point of this thread, that is a very interesting experience, and quite amusing too!

CFTraveler

Quote from: manuel on January 27, 2007, 16:16:00
I have read all three books multiple times, and not once did I remember him mentioning about love being a key to any thing, if any thing at all, Rob was very logical towards the whole experience.

More to the point of this thread, that is a very interesting experience, and quite amusing too!
I think he called it loosh- it was supposed to be the reason why we were all created- as loosh factories.  I think it was in 'Far Journeys' or 'Ultimate Journeys'.  However, loosh wasn't exatly what we think of as love.  It was more of an universal emanation, that God (or rather 'The Creator/s' needed.  (I'm rusty about it now)  or something like that.  But it can be loosely translated as loosh.

psychonaut

Well said kiwibonga. I've never experienced any hemi-sync action before but i will try sometime.
CFT, yeah it was called loosh. sounds like sploosh from holes. I've only read monroe's first and second...has anyone read his others?
my brains are scrambled. my head's an egg.

kiwibonga

There's only one other which is the third book in the trilogy... You're missing out!

And about loosh, I'm not sure that it's actually love, I think it's more along the lines of willpower... Anything that triggers a strong instinct, a powerful need to act, creates this driving energy that basically prevents the universe from ever going stale... And without planes of experience like the one we're on right now, there would be no drive to keep existing. Every action has an impact that causes this energy to be released, whether it is positive or negative.

Lysear

it would be useful to find out exactly what they are doing to induce these responses. When this has been done, we can work on reproducing the effects ourselves without aids.

MisterJingo

Quote from: Lysear on January 31, 2007, 10:07:51
it would be useful to find out exactly what they are doing to induce these responses. When this has been done, we can work on reproducing the effects ourselves without aids.

Hemi-sync is meant to be used as a learning tool. The point of the exercises such as using numbers to reach F10 is to actually create triggers to mental states which the CD's guide you to. Ultimately, F10 can be reached at any time by simply repeating the trigger. F10 can be reached without it, but hemi-sync can act as a short cut to easily accessing the state.

Kraven Obscuria

Monroe's books are entertaining, and an interesting view into his journey of self discovery. 
The Hemi-Sync files are a great tool to become accustomed with different focus states, and for an enjoyable guided experience. 

Ultimately though, these tools are only crutches as far as re-learning projecting is concerned.

I must admit, I find some of the files great for getting into a work type or creative mode, like the 1 hour theta white noise, or the "baroque garden for concentration" metamusic cd.

For any obe, I prefer to go without Hemi-sync as I get concerned with "keeping pace" with the track...
eCommerce Warriors - Helping online merchants profit through social inbound marketing.

MisterJingo

Quote from: Kraven Obscuria on January 31, 2007, 17:50:38
Monroe's books are entertaining, and an interesting view into his journey of self discovery. 
The Hemi-Sync files are a great tool to become accustomed with different focus states, and for an enjoyable guided experience. 

Ultimately though, these tools are only crutches as far as re-learning projecting is concerned.

I must admit, I find some of the files great for getting into a work type or creative mode, like the 1 hour theta white noise, or the "baroque garden for concentration" metamusic cd.

For any obe, I prefer to go without Hemi-sync as I get concerned with "keeping pace" with the track...

As per my last post :) Hemi-sync was never created with the intention the CD would produce an OBE. The CDs contains various BB's which have been researched to produce specific mental states.  The binaural beats entrain the brainwaves and give exercises to attach physical triggers to these mental states. It's a technique used in many areas of mental manipulation, one example being hypnotism. Your brain associates a given exercise to a given trigger, and so in future, that trigger produces the mental state without the need of the CD. It's simply a way of saving spending 50 minutes reaching a specific trance level, allowing you to achieve that state in a matter of moments.
People who use the CDs thinking the exercise itself will create an OBE will be severely disappointed. Hemi-sync was invented to not act as a crutch, but to create triggers to previously entrained states.

Enlightenment1

Hey, great stuff!!!

I've recently been listening to Binaural Beats on my MP3 before falling asleep at night. I haven't yet acchived my second OBE from it but its only been a few days of listening to it, but what I have noticed is I have very vivid dreams in full blown colour or I have a Lucid Dream, so it shows they do something.

Where did you get these CD's from? Can you download off the net or do you have to buy?

Keep up the good work!
~Happy Travels~

*I am on my Journey to Enlightenment*

Kraven Obscuria

Quote from: MisterJingo on January 31, 2007, 18:46:53

As per my last post :) Hemi-sync was never created with the intention the CD would produce an OBE. The CDs contains various BB's which have been researched to produce specific mental states.  The binaural beats entrain the brainwaves and give exercises to attach physical triggers to these mental states. It's a technique used in many areas of mental manipulation, one example being hypnotism. Your brain associates a given exercise to a given trigger, and so in future, that trigger produces the mental state without the need of the CD. It's simply a way of saving spending 50 minutes reaching a specific trance level, allowing you to achieve that state in a matter of moments.
People who use the CDs thinking the exercise itself will create an OBE will be severely disappointed. Hemi-sync was invented to not act as a crutch, but to create triggers to previously entrained states.

Right, I agree mostly that Hemi-Sync was created more toward training the attainment of varied states of consciousness, with the learned ability to recall these states naturally.  What could take an hour, does take but a fraction of that with Hemi-Sync. 

Of course Hemi by itself does not create an OBE, that would be a foolish assumption. However it does familiarize you with sensations/consciousness states that frequently occur while building up to the Out of Body state. Perhaps "crutch" was the wrong choice of words on my part. 

In accordance with my understanding, and what you have rightfully stated above, here is a direct quote from the http://www.monroeinstitute.com/program.php?program_id=8 :-)

"The out-of-body state and tools that may be utilized to achieve this particular state of consciousness are covered in the Gateway Voyage, but that is only a small part of the program's overall scope of self-awareness and self- empowerment. We cannot guarantee a conscious out-of-body experience during, or subsequent to, a Gateway Voyage Program - but we do offer tools that can help you toward that end."
eCommerce Warriors - Helping online merchants profit through social inbound marketing.

kiwibonga

Quote from: Enlightenment1 on January 31, 2007, 19:21:35
Where did you get these CD's from? Can you download off the net or do you have to buy?

They're commercial products... So you can probably pirate them, but that's highly illegal, of course.

Anyway, binaural beats might not be necessary... I suspect that simply having a voice talk to you while you fall asleep is enough... Google for free hypnosis tapes, anything should do really...