Pain in legs during long relaxation

Previous topic - Next topic

vstachu

Sometimes when i lying still in bed doesnt matter how, after 60-90 min my legs start hurt more and more and more until pain is so strong that i need get up because i cant focus any more and im fine pain disappears immediately. im perfectly healthy btw.
pain feels like crushing bones ( mostly knees ) it also happens sometimes when i wake up ( because i fell asleep during meditation attempting ap ) and i know that i want to ap so i dont move and pain occurs quickly.
again sometimes.
Any one know why this happens ? 

Bluefirephoenix

1. Sounds like you have some inflamation in your knees. Position some pillows so that your knees are slightly bent. Don't put the pillows too tight under your knees as it will restrict blood flow.

2. An hour is sufficient for one practice session. Do shorter sessions through the day. 

3.  Exercise regularly. Don't do the same type of exercise every day. If you walk vary the surface that you are walking on. For example hike one day on dirt, walk on the road or track the next day and ride a bike or swim  another day. I found exercising on an elipse in the gym to be very helpful for knee pain when it flairs up.

4. Don't sleep on your back. It locks out your knees. Keep them slightly bent while you sleep.

5. if you have a recliner do your projection/phasing practice in the recliner. It's best not to do this in your bed. It's a skill you are learning, not nap time. Train your body to relax into trance while your in that place. A designated place is best but your bed is probably the worst place to practice. You can project in any position, you do not have to be lying down. ...

I am still waiting to see Xanth project while he is standing on his head. He better hurry, doing stunts gets more difficult as you age  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

vstachu

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on September 09, 2015, 14:18:55
1. Sounds like you have some inflamation in your knees. Position some pillows so that your knees are slightly bent. Don't put the pillows too tight under your knees as it will restrict blood flow.
2. An hour is sufficient for one practice session. Do shorter sessions through the day. 
3.  Exercise regularly. Don't do the same type of exercise every day. If you walk vary the surface that you are walking on. For example hike one day on dirt, walk on the road or track the next day and ride a bike or swim  another day. I found exercising on an elipse in the gym to be very helpful for knee pain when it flairs up.
4. Don't sleep on your back. It locks out your knees. Keep them slightly bent while you sleep.
5. if you have a recliner do your projection/phasing practice in the recliner. It's best not to do this in your bed. It's a skill you are learning, not nap time. Train your body to relax into trance while your in that place. A designated place is best but your bed is probably the worst place to practice. You can project in any position, you do not have to be lying down. ...

I am still waiting to see Xanth project while he is standing on his head. He better hurry, doing stunts gets more difficult as you age  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

nope its no it,
i dont sleep on back , i always bent knees when im on side, i practice  in bed , on floor and on chair, i can get to hypnagogic state quickly and it doesnt matter where im,
this pain occurs in joints and muscle
i never get this pain when i sleep only when i play with consciousness
again sometimes
I read somewhere that pain could be test like itching before sp but dont know if that true
(yes i know i dont need sp to obe)

Thank you for trying

floriferous

I get pain in my upper leg a lot when I lie down to meditate. Mine seems different to yours and perhaps has a different source. All down the right side if my right thigh it starts off with a numbness. And I mean a physical numbness and not a trance state numbness. I can touch it and it feels numb (for upto an hour after getting up). With the numbness is a tickling feeling which ultimately turns into sharp stinging pains. Sometimes I have to fold my legs up and it slowly abates.

I personally think mine is energy related. Perhaps trying to make it's way through a blockage.

You could try actively engaging the pain during meditation. Perhaps it is telling you something. Maybe in something like focus 10-12 you could ask a question about it and wait for an answer. I remember skip Atwater at TMI used to be a monitor for people doing booth sessions and they may suddenly get a pain in a part of their body and he would say invite the energy in and ask it it's purpose. Maybe your resistance to it is prolonging it. Perhaps inviting the pain in would help. Of course if it's just physical pain this may not help but worth thinking about

Astralsuzy

It could be happening because of stress.   Stress can do all sorts of things.   I get things when I am not happy or worried about something.   When I stop thinking about it and think good thoughts my illnesses goes away.   I am not talking about things like cancer.   I mean when things happen and there is no reason for something to be hurting.    You could talk to a doctor about it.

OOBE717

You should try hot Yoga. You're will become more limber and pains like that will disappear   
Follow my journey of exploration through altered concioussness at Astral Projection Guide